Sikh Youth Uk

PostMaster

On 8/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, proactive said:

Why should SYUK use it's meagre resources to help non-Sikh girls when there are so many Sikh girls that need help. SYUK should help non-Sikh girls if they are approached by their parents but they shouldn't actively go out of their way looking for non-Sikh girls to help. I hope to don't become i.diots like Khalsa Aid wasting the sangat's money building Mosques and delivering Qurans to Muslim refugees. 

Can I ask what the disagreement was about that your parents witnessed? If it was minor issue that that is wrong of Deepa but there are many in our community who look at things like organising Vaisakhi in a Mosque or having non-Sikhs marrying through Anand Karaj as a minor thing which is not the case. 

I don't agree with your first point, to me it goes against the principles of Sikhi (that's my personal opinion, i'm not here to thrust it upon anyone else neither to debate it).

There was a Smagam held in Birmingham last week, some organisations didn't wan't it to go ahead due to it's location, SYUK turned up and became violent and attacked a few sewadaars, they were kicked off the premises (it was private property) and they decided to have a scuffle with the police outside.

Another incident, Deepa had an issue with some Singh, decided it was a good idea to throw a milkshake over the Singh's daughter, he got beat.

To me he's like the Tommy Robinson of the Sikh community (who he had no problem associating with).

Edit: As to the incident with the Singhs daughter, it wasn't milkshake but an ice cream thrown at her amongst other things on a coach on the way back from a Sikhi camp, it was instigated by member's of SYUK sat at the back of a coach, as a result, Deepa boar the brunt of the fathers anger.

3 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I don't agree with your first point, to me it goes against the principles of Sikhi (that's my personal opinion, i'm not here to thrust it upon anyone else neither to debate it).

There was a Smagam held in Birmingham last week, some organisations didn't wan't it to go ahead due to it's location, SYUK turned up and became violent and attacked a few sewadaars, they were kicked off the premises (it was private property) and they decided to have a scuffle with the police outside.

Another incident, Deepa had an issue with some Singh, decided it was a good idea to throw a milkshake over the Singh's daughter, he got beat.

To me he's like the Tommy Robinson of the Sikh community (who he had no problem associating with).

Wonder whether they will try stoping the samagam at Smethwick West Park? Then I will say it’s all for the right reasons...

15 hours ago, proactive said:

There was a joke told by a comedian some decades ago. Two Jews are about to be shot by a SS firing squad. The Nazi commander asks both 'any last requests'.. The first Jew asks 'can we stand behind the wall'.. 'No' shouts the Nazi commander. "In that case "the first Jew shouts " scr*w you and scr*w Hitler you bast*rd!" .. the second Jew tugs on the first Jew's shirt and whispers "Hymie.. don't make trouble"

It's ironic that while the Jews who worldwide were viewed as cowards have become more militant and willing to fight for their rights we the Sikhs who had a reputation for fighting for not just our rights but for the rights of others are now more likely to criticise Sikhs willing to be counted and try and keep them quiet just like Hymie's friend tried to do. 

From what I have read about him and seen in his videos he is passionate about Sikhi, protecting Sikh girls from grooming and wanting the Punjab to be free from Indian oppression. I suppose to some this is creating divisions and bullying. He confronted that Indian extremist journalist from India Today who wanted to use SYUK's anti grooming campaign as Indian propaganda a few months ago. I suppose those that accuse him of creating divisions are ok with grooming gangs targeting our girls, innocent Sikhs from UK being arrested on trumped up charges in India and Vaisakhi being celebrated in Mosques! 

Whatever Deepa may be he is certainly passionate about helping our Kaum and for those who want the quiet life oblivious to the fact that our enemies like the Indian govt and the 'religion of peace' are making all out efforts to destroy us, that can be seen as being 'divisive' and 'stupid behaviour'

No the Jews were being smart. When living in a foreign land full of racists, its smart to be a coward. Now that they have a land, they are giving they're all to protecting it. Because it will be a lasting victory. whatever they fight for, they can keep and defend. 

Whatever you win, however successful you become in a foreign land, it can be back to square one, when a new ideology takes the land. 

Grooming gangs and any other issues faced in the uk, is not gonna be won by physical fights. (most of the time)

I think these guys do some good work, however them thinking it's wise to both tackle domestic issues and get involved in political activism is riduclous. They're a small organisation who lack the resources to focus on both issues, and, lack some of the professionalism required to be in the public eye; hearing some of them speak publicly is cringe honestly. Of course they can voice their opinions on politcal matters but any more than that is pointless. Either way, I don't support their politics. I mean even if one could be convinced of this Khalistan business it's hardly gonna come by way of some Chani Nattan types lol.

Now all these incidents are building up of them being lafange, trying to police people, to intimidate people, forcing their version of Sikhi onto people etc. Combine this with the open display of thug life...it makes for a very unattractive and volatile picture.

When they first starting getting popular, I thought to myself "why didn't they just join Bhai Mohan Singh and the SAS, stronger together, formidable?". I thought this until recently but then realised it was probably for the best they didn't.

And yes, whatever did happen to that centre they wanted to open?

Gurbar Akaal!

4 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

When they first starting getting popular, I thought to myself "why didn't they just join Bhai Mohan Singh and the SAS, stronger together, formidable?". I thought this until recently but then realised it was probably for the best they didn't.

I remember when Bhai Mohan Singh went around Mandirs doing anti-grooming talks, SYUK criticized him and called him Pandit Awareness Society, they seem to forget Sikh history is full of instances where we have helped women and girls who weren't Sikh, how times have changed.

5 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

I remember when Bhai Mohan Singh went around Mandirs doing anti-grooming talks, SYUK criticized him and called him Pandit Awareness Society, they seem to forget Sikh history is full of instances where we have helped women and girls who weren't Sikh, how times have changed.

What?! That is just sad. But I'm not surprised tbh. It's what I meant above, they try to police others and push their version of Sikhi. Didn't they recently threaten some kid who did an interfaith programme with the Hindu society at his uni?

It's like:

were gangsters > hear about 84 > become Singhs > think Khalistan movement is good replacement for being gangster

Except 1984 and Khalistan = anti-anything that doesn't fit their interpretation of Sikhi; they see it from their thug life lens where there has to constantly be a villian in your sights, like "we're in this gang, can't associate with that gang, better check our gang loyalty". Pretty childish mentality. How much have these guys actually looked into Gurbani and Ithiaas? Seems like very little.

Bhai Mohan Singh has done far more than these lot, for far longer, with real Sikhi ideals. If that makes him a Pandit then so be it. I highly doubt he personally gives a sh!t, however, if they were involved in trying to defame or slander him to others then shame on them.

Guest SinghG

Just to clarify, is this incident in regards to a elderly gursikh's house in west bromwich who is highly linked with the programme?

If so the act was disgraceful act. The gursikh is over 80 years old. A lot of respect lost for SYUK, Deepa and/or whoever was involved. Gone are the days when gursikh would never do a vaar on the elderly.

Veer Ji KCmidlands, if you could clarify?

3 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

What?! That is just sad. But I'm not surprised tbh. It's what I meant above, they try to police others and push their version of Sikhi. Didn't they recently threaten some kid who did an interfaith programme with the Hindu society at his uni?

It's like:

were gangsters > hear about 84 > become Singhs > think Khalistan movement is good replacement for being gangster

Except 1984 and Khalistan = anti-anything that doesn't fit their interpretation of Sikhi; they see it from their thug life lens where there has to constantly be a villian in your sights, like "we're in this gang, can't associate with that gang, better check our gang loyalty". Pretty childish mentality. How much have these guys actually looked into Gurbani and Ithiaas? Seems like very little.

Bhai Mohan Singh has done far more than these lot, for far longer, with real Sikhi ideals. If that makes him a Pandit then so be it. I highly doubt he personally gives a sh!t, however, if they were involved in trying to defame or slander him to others then shame on them.

The majority of Hindu societies are affiliated with the National Hindu Students Forum which is a RSS front. So what  is a  Sikh doing organising an interfaith programme with the Hindu society at his uni with a body that does not even recognise his religion and considers Sikhs as Hindus. 

8 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

Do you have proof of this or is that just hearsay. Sorry but you seem to use a lot of hearsay and show scant proof for your assertions.