Sikh Youth Uk

PostMaster

Guest GuestSingh
On 8/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, kcmidlands said:

I don't disagree with what you've said in principle, but Deepa and his organization have a very narrow field of view in what they do, I think it's great that they want to protect Sikh girls from groomers, but what about the rest of the young girls out there, they seem obsessed with Muslim grooming gangs, what about the rest, if your gonna deal with stuff like this you need to go all in and not be selective about it.

A fair few things have happened over the last week which has changed my mind about their group,  before all I used to hear was rumors but last week my parents witnessed how disruptive and violent they can be to those who they disagree with.

Being passionate doesn't mean you attack your own because they disagree with you, speak to the kid who had his jaw broken by him last year at a Sikhi camp because they had differing opinions.

hes gone on record in public a few times sayin theyve helped girls from otha communities i.e. muslim n hindu. not gna use the word 'victim' here cuz fact is not all of em r one. so where u gettin ur info from? have u checked out their social media pages or do u jus personally dislike em cuz they do things tht dnt fit ur way of thinkin?  

n its all well n gd sayin we shud help others cuz thts wat sikhi says etc. but the obvious fact is wiv limited resources we need to help our own in need first. thts jus common sense n logic. cuz no one else is gna do it. no otha community cares abt sikhs. so y is it always time n time again expected of sikhs to put the superhero cape on n stretch those limited resources to defend communities who wudnt defend ours? yh its unfortunate for the real victims but theres nothin stoppin em bein interested or cumin to sikhi as has already happened. weve already got enough problems as it is. weve gotta prioritise if we wanna help the panth.

n before anyone says it, no not affiliated with syuk n dnt agree wiv everything they do either. tld em tht myself. reading all the criticism on here ud think they were against sikhi. truth is they care enough to do something abt it. if u dnt like the way they do things then wats stoppin folk here startin their own organisation?

Guest GuestSingh
On 8/14/2019 at 1:16 AM, Guest Manbir Singh said:

This deepa worked with known chors of Sikh Channel ( all Sikh tv channels are donation frauds). Pocketed x £ for " smart centre".

Add in the stupid behaviour and bullying younger people.

All these vaade Khalistani soorme need to understand the government don't take them seriously. Just like the rest of us. Wasting thousands on rallies/protests where as the money should just be given direct to the needy in Punjab.

u criticise n mock folk for supportin khalistan but do u go to panjab n give money to the needy direct urself?

6 hours ago, proactive said:

The majority of Hindu societies are affiliated with the National Hindu Students Forum which is a RSS front. So what  is a  Sikh doing organising an interfaith programme with the Hindu society at his uni with a body that does not even recognise his religion and considers Sikhs as Hindus. 

That's a poor argument. Nonetheless, some points and questions to consider:

• It could well have been an honest mistake, did it occur that he may not have known about this supposed RSS link
  • Many people believe misconceptions about Sikhi, that doesn't mean we cease to interact with them? If we did there wouldn't be many people to interact with lol. How else do you expect to do prachaar?
  • Was threatening him a way to resolve this issue?
  • Was this the point of the programme, to discuss if Sikhs are Hindus?
  • Why did they feel they needed to interfere in this matter? What was the need to police?
  • Regardless of whether the programme should not have been organised why did they feel they needed to take action in the way they did?
  • Did this guy break some rule that I've missed?

I'm not against SYUK, I already said they do good work, especially on the grooming front. But there are definitely some questionable things about them. One of which is behaving like Sharia Police and ruffians, alternating between the two when it suits them; doing seva does not give one carte blanche in terms of behaviour.

When there's someone who does seva of the qaum but makes a mistake in their personal life, which doesn't affect anyone, people are all over that ready to tear them down. Which is bullsh!t.

When there's someone who does seva of the qaum but interferes in the personal lives of others and act like lafange within the qaum, which affects many, people are expected to stay quiet. Which is also bullsh!t.

Gurbar Akaal!

12 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

hes gone on record in public a few times sayin theyve helped girls from otha communities i.e. muslim n hindu. not gna use the word 'victim' here cuz fact is not all of em r one. so where u gettin ur info from? have u checked out their social media pages or do u jus personally dislike em cuz they do things tht dnt fit ur way of thinkin?  

n its all well n gd sayin we shud help others cuz thts wat sikhi says etc. but the obvious fact is wiv limited resources we need to help our own in need first. thts jus common sense n logic. cuz no one else is gna do it. no otha community cares abt sikhs. so y is it always time n time again expected of sikhs to put the superhero cape on n stretch those limited resources to defend communities who wudnt defend ours? yh its unfortunate for the real victims but theres nothin stoppin em bein interested or cumin to sikhi as has already happened. weve already got enough problems as it is. weve gotta prioritise if we wanna help the panth.

n before anyone says it, no not affiliated with syuk n dnt agree wiv everything they do either. tld em tht myself. reading all the criticism on here ud think they were against sikhi. truth is they care enough to do something abt it. if u dnt like the way they do things then wats stoppin folk here startin their own organisation?

I'll take your word for them helping girls from other communities, I've never seen either Deepa or his group say anything like that.

I don't have any axe to grind against them but when you look at their track record and their penchant for violence especially against their own kid it kind of negates what they do.

Go do a search on Facebook, it won't take you long before you find out what happened last weekend and to find the video from the Father who's daughter SYUK were harassing.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:33 PM, kcmidlands said:

I don't agree with your first point, to me it goes against the principles of Sikhi (that's my personal opinion, i'm not here to thrust it upon anyone else neither to debate it).

There was a Smagam held in Birmingham last week, some organisations didn't wan't it to go ahead due to it's location, SYUK turned up and became violent and attacked a few sewadaars, they were kicked off the premises (it was private property) and they decided to have a scuffle with the police outside.

Another incident, Deepa had an issue with some Singh, decided it was a good idea to throw a milkshake over the Singh's daughter, he got beat.

To me he's like the Tommy Robinson of the Sikh community (who he had no problem associating with).

Just to clarify, were SYUK and/or Deepa involved in the attack on the residential property of a sevadar associated with the smagam in Birmingham?

If so the sevadar is 80 years old! Totally against gurmat and sikhi principles.

12 minutes ago, g_singh_ said:

Just to clarify, were SYUK and/or Deepa involved in the attack on the residential property of a sevadar associated with the smagam in Birmingham?

If so the sevadar is 80 years old! Totally against gurmat and sikhi principles.

From what I've been told they were amongst the people that were responsible for what happened.

I really don't know what goes on in the mind's of some of our people, don't know if it's ego or just a twisted version of Sikhi.