Sikh Youth Uk

PostMaster

When Sikh Youth Birmingham later to become Sikh Youth UK first came on the scene, it was all good, no issues. Finally more were doing something about the grooming issue, by whatever means necessary. It remained this way for a good while. As mentioned by @MisterrSingh it was only soft, liberal airy-fairy types who had an issue (still do, always will); the majority of the community did not. The same majority didn't have an issue with how they viewed a certain other community as a whole either. Everyone was fine with a sort of 'don't ask, don't tell' policy.

Just to make clear I myself have had no issue with any of their grooming-tackling solutions and any associated activities. It's both good sense and common sense to have a 'brawn wing' if you will, as long as they're lowkey and stick to what they're good at. I still support this wholeheartedly.

The issues which have now arisen are unrelated to their fight against grooming. Again to even to have a group which 'doesn't temper their strength with spirituality' is absolutely fine. But when this group themselves start to veer into prachaar too deeply, both Ithiaasik and Adhyaatmik especially that which is flawed, that's when it becomes an issue. And when a group like this begins to emerge as one of the leaders in the prachaar field for impressionable youth (and adults), people who are now behaving completely irresponsibly towards their own, that's when it becomes a serious concern. Now, as we have seen they are trying to police people [Sikhs], to control them [Sikhs], interfere in their [Sikhs] lives, harass/threaten individuals [Sikhs], and promote their (toxic) ideology which has come about as a result of the khulli chhutti they think they have.

One of the recurring themes of Gurbani is Sadh Sangat and another is ignorance/avidya. If the effect they're having on Sangat is rooted in ignorance/avidya then this problem will fester and will be yet another issue that has to be dealt with in the coming years. It's not forward thinking at all.

SYUK shouldn't be completely autonomous; an organisation like this needs to answer to, or at least be linked to, an org who have their heads screwed on and are forward-thinking, long sighted, and most importantly in tune with Gurmat. Look at the SAS, they are equally if not better at the job than SYUK because they stick to their job; they don't try and do the above type prachaar and policing. They create awareness and spread knowledge, stick to strongly to Sikhi ethics and values without getting embroiled in this ridiculous controversey.

17 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Pick on? Thought they just threw stuff and hit a random passenger, am I missing something?

Yes you are missing a lot.. the fights at Vaisahki mela (Where SGGSJ was) & there stall is blasting dharmic music, beating a 80year old then being the face of Sikh Youth UK & not taking responsibility. Why make a paper statement when other times his made videos about things.. 

1 minute ago, PostMaster said:

Yes you are missing a lot.. the fights at Vaisahki mela (Where GGSJ is) & there stall is blasting dharmic music, beating a 80year old then being the face of Sikh Youth UK & not taking responsibility. Why make a paper statement when other times his made videos about things.. 

They beat up a 80 old Sikh guy?

We Stand for the TRUTH and we will protect the weak when attacked by bullies. We have no hatred to any person or community but we will stand for what is right.

No person or organisation is bigger than the sangat. Hundreds of people gathered tonight to oppose the actions of Deepa Singh of Sikh Youth UK. We have supported every Sikh organisation including SYUK. However we also have a duty to stand up to those who attack people who don’t agree with their views, attack and harass their own people at vaisakhi meleh because they think they look like “pakistanis” and make up lies to cause division in the Sikh Community.

Countless incidents have occurred for it to result in this, acting like thugs/bullies is not on whatsoever. The incident regarding Herman Singhs daughter is just one issue. Phone calls have been made to outer towns by SYUK sevadars which they failed to mention in their statement, this was to gather support which we have responded to by gathering and showing unity today. SYUK did not take responsibility for the actions of their youngsters on the coach nor was an apology ever given to Herman Singh’s Daughter. We are not here to send a message of violence but rather to make a stand against bullies. We acknowledge some of the good seva they have done and as mentioned we have publicly supported them on many occasions but this by all means does not give them a licence to do whatever they like.

Today the sangat have spoken and stood up, many who have been victims of these people, we must always stick by the truth. This has never been about being against an organisation but simply against thuggish and bully boy behaviour which we will not tolerate.

We will continue to stand for the weak and vulnerable, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Words of Shere Panjab. Spot on tbh. Lotta truth. No one is against the Seva they do.

@Redoptics I believe they beat up an elderly member of Nishkaam Seva Jatha.

16 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Well they should get kicked in, then let them apologise,  then move on

I think it’s how they’ve apologised this time and addressed things.. usually they will do video statement and explain things more better, this time they did a written statement and introduced Panj Singh. Simple if your head of your organisation you take the wrap.. simples.

1 minute ago, PostMaster said:

I think it’s how they’ve apologised this time and addressed things.. usually they will do video statement and explain things more better, this time they did a written statement and introduced Panj Singh. Simple if your head of your organisation you take the wrap.. simples.

Simple for simpletons