Patiala "royal" family

puzzled

14 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

The Badal Family too!

The 1923 Jaito Morcha against the removal of the then Sikh rulers by the British. Parkash Singh Badal's paternal and maternal grandfathers tried to poison the langar at Abul Khurana village during that time at the orders of the British.  The Badals received 400 acres from the British for this act as an reward for their loyalty.

I knew the badals were corrupt but I didn't know about that !  They all have the same evil blood running through their veins 

6 hours ago, puzzled said:

I knew the badals were corrupt but I didn't know about that !  They all have the same evil blood running through their veins 

Simranjit Singh Maan also has the same family background.  His maternal grandfather (Naana) presented the keys of Harmandir Sahib to the British.  Simranjit Singh Maan also shares the same in-laws as Captain Arminder, they are Saandus.

To understands how this game has played out in the hands of these families, you need to look back at the creation of India and Pakistan.  Freedom was not won through a war with the British Empire, the British Empire decided to abandon their campaign in India/Pak and handed over the administration to the families which were most loyal to the crown (sellouts/traitors).  This system started with the handout of Jagirs to touts and traitors who provided valuable information to British. These sellouts had the titles of Jagirdaars and Jaildaars.  They rewarded them handsomely with land and status.  The odd thing is that the descendants of these sellouts view themselves as people of high status because of their wealth.  The same families, still to this day are controlling the Political scene in Punjab, whether that be Congress, Akali Dal or Maan Akali Dal.  The situation is the same in Pakistan.  We can thank the British for the problems in Punjab but the masses of ordinary people need to take responsibility for electing these sellouts and not questioning their source of wealth.  I know many Jaildaar families who have zero complex about their family history and shamefully boast about their wealth and status.  

The whole script needs to be re-written and the shameful leaders of these sellout families need to uprooted, never to be allowed to participate in any role in the Politics of Punjab. 

I remember a few years back when Jagmeet Singh (NDP Canada) was invited to accept World Sikh Award in Amritsar.  Captain Arminder spoke out to block his Visa for being anti-India and a Khalistan sympathiser .  On one hand you have Captain Arminder who’s family worked with the British to destroy Ranjit Singhs Sarkaar-e-Khalsa.  On the other hand you have Jagmeet Singh who’s great grandfather is Seva Singh Theekriwala who was a famous freedom fighter during the Independence Movement of India.  How can Captain Arminder be allowed to point fingers at any Sikh.  

People of Punjab need to wake up and educate themselves on the history of Punjab.  We need a complete awakening and need to really look at how we have ended up in such a mess.  More importantly who is responsible?

8 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's no coincidence the same families and figures continue to rear their heads in one form or another throughout history.

I wish it were so . Unfortunately history is rarely ever in black and white . Most is somewhere in between grey . and the same holds for contentious and hated personalities . This patiala family although installed on throne by Abdali himself and always alienated themselves from wider sikh politics but have also donated in upkeep and build of some historical sikh shrines and temples.

Same is true for aurangzeb who used to raze hindu temples but also build them and give land grants as and when it suited his political interests.

I am beginning to wonder religious zealotry is just a thin veil around political selfishness. 

15 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

Simranjit Singh Maan also has the same family background.  His maternal grandfather (Naana) presented the keys of Harmandir Sahib to the British.  Simranjit Singh Maan also shares the same in-laws as Captain Arminder, they are Saandus.

To understands how this game has played out in the hands of these families, you need to look back at the creation of India and Pakistan.  Freedom was not won through a war with the British Empire, the British Empire decided to abandon their campaign in India/Pak and handed over the administration to the families which were most loyal to the crown (sellouts/traitors).  This system started with the handout of Jagirs to touts and traitors who provided valuable information to British. These sellouts had the titles of Jagirdaars and Jaildaars.  They rewarded them handsomely with land and status.  The odd thing is that the descendants of these sellouts view ththey kew emselves as people of high status because of their wealth.  The same families, still to this day are controlling the Political scene in Punjab, whether that be Congress, Akali Dal or Maan Akali Dal.  The situation is the same in Pakistan.  We can thank the British for the problems in Punjab but the masses of ordinary people need to take responsibility for electing these sellouts and not questioning their source of wealth.  I know many Jaildaar families who have zero complex about their family history and shamefully boast about their wealth and status.  

The whole script needs to be re-written and the shameful leaders of these sellout families need to uprooted, never to be allowed to participate in any role in the Politics of Punjab. 

I remember a few years back when Jagmeet Singh (NDP Canada) was invited to accept World Sikh Award in Amritsar.  Captain Arminder spoke out to block his Visa for being anti-India and a Khalistan sympathiser .  On one hand you have Captain Arminder who’s family worked with the British to destroy Ranjit Singhs Sarkaar-e-Khalsa.  On the other hand you have Jagmeet Singh who’s great grandfather is Seva Singh Theekriwala who was a famous freedom fighter during the Independence Movement of India.  How can Captain Arminder be allowed to point fingers at any Sikh.  

People of Punjab need to wake up and educate themselves on the history of Punjab.  We need a complete awakening and need to really look at how we have ended up in such a mess.  More importantly who is responsible?

latest treachery is the allowing of flooding of Punjab , the order was discussed prior to 16 and actioned 19 , affected 7 districts of Punjab and he has only been visiting and eating langar laid on by Khalsa Aid and flying over disaster zones in a helicopter

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I wish it were so . Unfortunately history is rarely ever in black and white . Most is somewhere in between grey . and the same holds for contentious and hated personalities . This patiala family although installed on throne by Abdali himself and always alienated themselves from wider sikh politics but have also donated in upkeep and build of some historical sikh shrines and temples.

Same is true for aurangzeb who used to raze hindu temples but also build them and give land grants as and when it suited his political interests.

I am beginning to wonder religious zealotry is just a thin veil around political selfishness. 

Sometimes it's black and white. Always seeking the middle ground or the grey area despite evidence pointing to the contrary may seem like the fair and balanced approach, but clinging to that type of relativism because the apparent reality is unpalatable and difficult to process, doesn't lessen the veracity of the truthful fact itself. It just means the person in question is reluctant, unable, or afraid of attesting to the truth.

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

latest treachery is the allowing of flooding of Punjab , the order was discussed prior to 16 and actioned 19 , affected 7 districts of Punjab and he has only been visiting and eating langar laid on by Khalsa Aid and flying over disaster zones in a helicopter

Correct!  This was well planned to cause maximum destruction.  Captain was used to bait Khalsa Aid by calling NRI NGO’s out as Khalistanis.  They are trying to intimidate Sikh NGO’s from doing any relief work or anything that benefits the people of Punjab.  This is what you call cruelty to the next level.  This act should be treated as a war crime against the Punjab and Captain, Modi, Shah and Bhagwat should be dragged before the UN.  

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Sometimes it's black and white. Always seeking the middle ground or the grey area despite evidence pointing to the contrary may seem like the fair and balanced approach, but clinging to that type of relativism because the apparent reality is unpalatable and difficult to process, doesn't lessen the veracity of the truthful fact itself. It just means the person in question is reluctant, unable, or afraid of attesting to the truth.

Kartarpur sahib was built by patiala family . And I am sure they've done other such historical gurdwaras in past. which unfortunately makes them the grey area. The black area would be someone who never did any good at all for sikh qaum ,maybe someone like meer maanu, lakhpat rai, etc 

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Nicely said Veerji. Wow.