Crying like a baby

Guest Sad singh

Guest Sad singh

I’ve always been a tough man. I’ve been in fights. I’ve seen some horrible things. I’ve had close family bereavements. I’ve been through crap in life. I haven’t cried since I was 10. 

I’m 34 and now when I read Gurbani I’m in tears. I listen to katha - tears are rolling down my face. Tried to recite a story to my wife of Guru Tegh Bahadur when he was discovered - just choked up and couldn’t finish it. Used to read sakhis as a child - never cried. In fact i would be proud to be Sikh  

Shouldn’t reciting bani and naam simran help strengthen me?

On 9/4/2019 at 4:09 AM, Guest Sad singh said:

I’ve always been a tough man. I’ve been in fights. I’ve seen some horrible things. I’ve had close family bereavements. I’ve been through crap in life. I haven’t cried since I was 10. 

I’m 34 and now when I read Gurbani I’m in tears. I listen to katha - tears are rolling down my face. Tried to recite a story to my wife of Guru Tegh Bahadur when he was discovered - just choked up and couldn’t finish it. Used to read sakhis as a child - never cried. In fact i would be proud to be Sikh  

Lol I used to be the same. 

Its the Power and Beauty of Truth. You’re experiencing Bairaag and Love for the Truth and Creator. This is how Hes discovered, through the HEART. 

God bless u to walk the path of the Bhagat. 

Guest Gurbar Akal
On 9/3/2019 at 6:09 PM, Guest Sad singh said:

Gurbani and Simran make you very Nirmal,  which kinda means clean. As it gets rid of bad thoughts and karams and subconscious things. This might make some people more sensitive or have bairaag, which is a good thing. 

Try reading dasam bani to balance things out, but dont worry, its a good things. Dasam bani gives you more inner strength.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:09 AM, Guest Sad singh said:

Bani can bring suppressed emotions to the fore. 

I think Bhai Jagraj Singh mentioned something called Bhairag, your emotions come out because your subconscious has been longing for connection to Waheguru.

The more you become spiritually aligned the more things you begin to see and feel.

You feel a connection to nature and all things around you.

It's a nice emotion   I feel it too   though for a man it is obviously hard to cry and show emotion. 

I was telling my mum and dad about the 21 shers that faught 10,000 pathans at saraghari and I nearly started crying  but i kept it in lol    

It's not good to show to much emotion in front of others,  I don't even show emotion in front of my parents.  

But when talking to your guru  you can let it all out 

Guest Sad singh

@Redoptics it’s tears down face, sometimes choking sensation in throat. 

@Singh1989 aren’t those who are spiritually advanced in bairaag? I wouldn’t say i’m there yet

@puzzled it’s happened when I’ve told my wife sakhis like 40 mukti. So many inspiring and heroic sakhis in our history. 

I always thought simran and bani strengthen your character so you’re immune to silly emotions like anger and sadness. 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

It's a nice emotion   I feel it too   though for a man it is obviously hard to cry and show emotion. 

I was telling my mum and dad about the 21 shers that faught 10,000 pathans at saraghari and I nearly started crying  but i kept it in lol    

It's not good to show to much emotion in front of others,  I don't even show emotion in front of my parents.  

But when talking to your guru  you can let it all out 

I've also been through it 2, But now cant listen to 

because it I cry too much and it hurts because I always think of my wife.