Big_Tera

Gender of baby - Modern times

This is in no way favoring one over the other as any child is a blessing regardless of gender. 

However pureley out of curiosity are more daughters being born then sons in recent times? I remember going back with the first generation that arrived in the UK.  Those families seem to have had alot more sons then daughters. But when I look these days. It seems the opposite has occured many more daughters are being born then sons. 

Could this be some kind of environmental factors or just plain natures choice? 

Could it be related to peoples diet, nutrition exercise?? 

Edited by Big_Tera

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

From an evolutionary perspective, humans will produce more boys during times of stress (eg famine, war etc) because survival of the race is important; and more girls during times of rest (lots of food, relaxation) to allow more reproduction and increase the population. 

Given that the man determines the sex of the child, there have been thoughts that modern lifestyle has caused damage to men: contraceptive pill is present in drinking water, plastics and chemicals are having an oestrogenic effect, and there had been a drop in sperm quality of men. 

Guest GuestSingh

diet has a big effect imo.

foods r more salty, spicy, sweet etc now than ever. so our bodies r naturally gna become more acidic. dnt how much of this is offset by the green veg/salad we eat tho. but even that will have different condiments on it.

the west seems to believe female sperm r stronger swimmers so theyre better suited to thrive in these conditions. whereas male ones supposedly prefer it alkaline so more healthy food n nutrition is required i.e. lots of potassium from bananas, almonds to increase rate of suvival.

Guest GuestSingh
21 hours ago, Wicked Warrior said:

From an evolutionary perspective, humans will produce more boys during times of stress (eg famine, war etc) because survival of the race is important; and more girls during times of rest (lots of food, relaxation) to allow more reproduction and increase the population. 

Given that the man determines the sex of the child, there have been thoughts that modern lifestyle has caused damage to men: contraceptive pill is present in drinking water, plastics and chemicals are having an oestrogenic effect, and there had been a drop in sperm quality of men. 

thats a worry.

do u knw if it wud still be present in distilled water afta its been boiled n filtered thru somethin like charcoal?

makes u wonder wat otha gandh is in these waters n wat else were puttin into our bodies.

22 hours ago, Wicked Warrior said:

The war thing could be true. I live in an area with alot of tamils who came from war torn sri lanka. Ive noticed many have more boys then girls. 

That is one thing im careful about. Plastics and food contamination. It is known for chemicals to go into food. Such as cling film wrapped around foods. 

Causing hormonal changes and other negative health effects. 

I think one thing could possibly explain it. 

New generation live inactive lifestyles. No excerise. Eat processed frozen foods. This can affect the sperm quality as maybe their tostestrone is low. So can affect gender of offspring. 

Older generation only ate fresh food and were more active. 

All in all not sure what exact cause is? But definantly a combination of factors  at play causing and imbalance in the gender of today's generation. 

Edited by Big_Tera

4 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

diet has a big effect imo.

foods r more salty, spicy, sweet etc now than ever. so our bodies r naturally gna become more acidic. dnt how much of this is offset by the green veg/salad we eat tho. but even that will have different condiments on it.

the west seems to believe female sperm r stronger swimmers so theyre better suited to thrive in these conditions. whereas male ones supposedly prefer it alkaline so more healthy food n nutrition is required i.e. lots of potassium from bananas, almonds to increase rate of suvival.

Not sure if diet is a big factor to be honest in determining gender. Although eating healthy and excersing and keeping away from alcohol/other intoxicants can only be good for the building blocks of life. 

What I read is that is largely due to genetics to a certain degree. Ie if you your father had alot of sons then you will also have alot of male offsping.But if he had alot of daughters then you will also have more chance of a having female childeren.  Its passed down. 

Guest GuestSingh
On 9/10/2019 at 10:52 PM, Big_Tera said:

Not sure if diet is a big factor to be honest in determining gender. Although eating healthy and excersing and keeping away from alcohol/other intoxicants can only be good for the building blocks of life. 

What I read is that is largely due to genetics to a certain degree. Ie if you your father had alot of sons then you will also have alot of male offsping.But if he had alot of daughters then you will also have more chance of a having female childeren.  Its passed down. 

my nani had 5 boys n all but one of em had a son first n then a girl. one had 3 sons altogether. my nana lived an active lifestyle n ate healthily.

but someone from work is one of 4 or 5 brothers no sisters n he ended up having 6 girls before finally havin a boy. hes obese n smokes. so u wud think his chances wudve decreased even more over time.

if we look at guru sahibaan, all but one had child n at least one son. from guru ram das ji onwards, all but one was born male.

agree that genetics r the major factor in the determining the sex in the same way it mostly determines our height, weight, facial features etc.

ultimately its wat the creator decides.

Karma is a balancing force apparently. If that is true then humanity (Punjabis in particular ) are due a glut of female babies due to the millions that have been 'selectively' aborted or killed over the years. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, imhosingh said:

Karma is a balancing force apparently. If that is true then humanity (Punjabis in particular ) are due a glut of female babies due to the millions that have been 'selectively' aborted or killed over the years. 

not just Punjabis tbh  other northern states like haryana, rajasthan and uttar pradesh also have a high rate of selective aborting. In fact i think haryanas is even higher than Punjab.    

tbh north indian culture is fkced up!   rough culture, everything is based around honor, caste system is also a lot worse in the north than in the south.   Rajasthan has the highest rate of violence against women than any other state in India. Drug and alcohol problems in the northern states as well. 

no wonder south india is progressing faster.   

the culture and mentality of the north western states seems to be similar to our neighbor. 

I think the reason the northern states are like that is because they were under foreign occupation for a 1000 years. being oppressed and suffocated for a 1000 years made the whole population depressed, anxious and live in fear,  there was no space or freedom to develop a sophisticated culture. to develop a culture you need freedom of expression and dignity which was denied by the foreigners that ruled the northern regions. The muslim invasion hardly had much influence in the south.   North indian mentality is deeply routed   its not just a coincidence.

It would be interesting to know about the use of alcohol during the invasions. its not surprising that the local men started drinking heavily during the 1000 years of invasion     alcohol probably was used as a get away while living in anxiety and constant fear for centuries.    

all of this is very deep routed stuff  

Edited by puzzled

If female foeticide is a real problem in Punjab would there not be a shortage of brides that the bride's family would call the shots.

Schools would be complaining of there being no girls in the schools.

I have heard this trope for the last 30 years. 

Not buying it.