Natural order

Guest Charlie Chapathi

On 9/28/2019 at 4:11 AM, Guest Sat said:

Men and women are Equal. 

I know a lot of women, myself included, who have been badly abused by men and who stand up in their own two feet without a man. 

Therefore, women are no lower than a man and can support themselves and be independant of men. 

To to think otherwise is an extremely sexist sentiment. 

We are talking more about how women and men should function in society especially a religious one. Individually, ofc anyone can do anything. In society and religion, there are roles. And it makes sense to divide them up based on biological realities that men are generally stronger than women. Women are generally more nurturing etc. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, puzzled said:

In Dasam bani Guru Gobind Singh ji says something similar.  Heres a video of kalki avtaar, at 4:01 in the video  Guru Gobind Singh ji says how men will come under their wifes control.

I would take this as they are falling prey to their desires and wouldn't take as literally. Obviously gurbani has a lot of layers and I am open to hearing different points of view. 

As for the original topic the parents are the head of the house

11 minutes ago, intrigued said:

I would take this as they are falling prey to their desires and wouldn't take as literally. Obviously gurbani has a lot of layers and I am open to hearing different points of view. 

As for the original topic the parents are the head of the house

I take Kalki Avtaar bani literally, because the things described in it, as frightful as they are, are actually happening now.

For example, Kalki Avtaar talks about incestuous relationships between siblings, and parent and children, how would you interpret that?   because those sickening relationships are actually happening.

As for the wife controlling men, and men forgetting their parents and running around after their wives,  well, that's happening everywhere  lol  

14 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I take Kalki Avtaar bani literally, because the things described in it, as frightful as they are, are actually happening now.

For example, Kalki Avtaar talks about incestuous relationships between siblings, and parent and children, how would you interpret that?   because those sickening relationships are actually happening.

As for the wife controlling men, and men forgetting their parents and running around after their wives,  well, that's happening everywhere  lol  

Hmm...ur right abt the stuff thats happening being described. But Guru Sahib wasn't discriminatory so how do we interpret this?

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

The problem is we get everything muddled up.

Of course Guru ji is not discriminating, but he is also very real with us. There is nothing politically correct about Guru ji.

Bani mentions men peaking through windows and looking at the wives of other men, why?  because men do that!  They did that centuries ago, and they still do it.  But does guru ji love all men, of course he does.

Guru ji gives a lot of respect to women in bani, but, do women cause problems in families, yes!  but does Guru ji still love them? yes he does. 

Guru ji is very real.

Bani calls men every name under the sun, but we don't have a problem with that.

The reason we thinks its discrimination when Guru ji says men will forget their parents and follow their wives around is because we live in the politically correct west, where its illegal to say anything against women, but its fine to say anything about men.

We need to stop seeing it like this.

There is nothing discriminating about Guru ji saying that men will forget their parents and follow their wives instead, its a fact, that's why guru ji said it. Look at how many Punjabi families break apart because the women are constantly squabbling.  

If we start analysing Sikhi through the western politically correct model then a lot of things will appear wrong and outdated.

True bro I agree with u

• 2 years later...

In most scenarios an able-bodied father should protect the family, (including wife and kids), a mother should protect her kids, (after the husband is gone), and oldest siblings should protect younger siblings, (after the parents are gone). If a young child is protecting both mom and dad, something is severely wrong in that scenario. According to Sikhi all of these souls are equal, but by all accounts calling them equal in the pecking order is just not common sense. 

The ones calling Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Harkrishan Ji a child should have a deeper look at themselves on how they view Guru Sahib instead of saying a normal child should be a leader.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:41 AM, Redoptics said:

you tell mia bhago ji that she gets led around by a man.

She wasn't married, bro.

If you want to get married, you have to agree as a woman to let the man lead. As a man, you have to agree to always protect and sustain the woman.

both the man and the woman are at the bottom of a triangle

That's a recipe for constant fighting. Obviously you should consult on every issue. But what happens when you can't agree? Fight until the cows come home? Or divorce?

through Sikhi you both walk the same path to Waheguru

The aspect of daily Rehit (wake up, simran, Nitnem, etc) is the same for all Sikhs. It's the same for the children, too. It's the same for your Sikh neighbors and every other Sikh as well. That doesn't mean you're married to them. 

Marriage is a different relationship. Just like both a shopkeeper and his employee could be Sikhs, but just because they are both equal as Sikhs doesn't make them equal in the work relationship.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:43 AM, puzzled said:

Feminists have taken lead and they have only caused cultural destruction. 

It's clear from bani that in kalyug men will forget their role and responsibility and women will take lead   which will only make it even worse. 

It's hilarious how some Sikhs want to portray Guru Nanak ji as some kind of feminist in order to please the gore. How do they deal with this tuk by Guru Nanak ji?

ਕਲੀ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿੰਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਅਉਤਾਰੁ ॥
kalī andar nānakā jinnānh dā autār .
In the Dark age, O Nanak, the goblins are born.

ਪੁਤੁ ਜਿਨੂਰਾ ਧੀਅ ਜਿੰਨੂਰੀ ਜੋਰੂ ਜਿੰਨਾ ਦਾ ਸਿਕਦਾਰੁ ॥੧॥
put jinūrā dhī jinnūrī jōrū jinnā dā sikadār .1.
Son is the demon, daughter is the she demon and wife is the chief of those demons. p556

Guru ji is basically saying what you did: That in Kaljug, women will become the "Sardars". And they'll lead an army of little imps.

I know a lot of women, myself included, who have been badly abused by men and who stand up in their own two feet without a man. 

I'm quite sorry you were abused, but it seems that it has resulted in your hatred of men:

Therefore, women are no lower than a man and can support themselves and be independant of men. 

If women can support themselves independent of men, then fine, do that. Don't get married. In fact, why even get married?

Men can also support themselves independent of women. If a man had a bad situation with a woman, it wouldn't be a good idea for him to start hating all women.