Natural order

Guest Charlie Chapathi

Guest Charlie Chapathi

In Christianity there is a concept called the natural order. It states that God is over man, man is over woman and woman over children. It basically sets the man as the head of the house. 

Is there such a concept in Sikhism?

Guest Charlie Chapathi
7 hours ago, puzzled said:

Man is the head of the house in sikhi. When we get married and walk around guru granth sahib ji  its the man that leads the way and the woman follows.  All 10 gurus were men  who led the way and guided us.

Is there any sakhi that supports Man as head of the household?

On 9/10/2019 at 3:55 AM, Guest Charlie Chapathi said:

In Christianity there is a concept called the natural order. It states that God is over man, man is over woman and woman over children. It basically sets the man as the head of the house. 

No. Sikhism promotes human beings as One. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:55 AM, Guest Charlie Chapathi said:

Sikhism promotes human beings as One

On 9/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, puzzled said:

Man is the head of the house in sikhi. When we get married and walk around guru granth sahib ji  its the man that leads the way and the woman follows.  All 10 gurus were men  who led the way and guided us.

I remember before i got married i questioned why the man walks in front of the woman at the time of Anand Karaj, the answer i got from many people was it's nothing to do with Sikhi but more to do with culture and out way of thinking. My grandad said something along the lines of " Being in front doesn't always make you superior, look at a horse and cart, the more intelligent one is behind, when we take Guru Sahib somewhere, there is always someone in front clearing the way, that doesn't make them superior to our Guru".

Completely agree with what @Redoptics has said, the Anand Karaj isn't about who's in charge, it's about connecting our souls to waheguru.

Guest GuestSingh
On 9/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, Redoptics said:

Very misguided, both the man and the woman are at the bottom of a triangle and through Sikhi you both walk the same path to Waheguru,  you tell mia bhago ji that she gets led around by a man.

think uve misinterpreted his words wiv western thinkin here.

mai bhago ji surrendered n submitted to guru ji. she served them as a bodyguard n also as a sikh as written for us in gurbani. thats gurmat, not manmat which is wat the rest of us do. she chose to follow the truth. so u cnt say she was led around by a man. dnt think it was ur intention but it sounded like u dnt c guru sahibaan as no different to man. they were waheguru in human form.

Guest GuestSingh
3 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

I remember before i got married i questioned why the man walks in front of the woman at the time of Anand Karaj, the answer i got from many people was it's nothing to do with Sikhi but more to do with culture and out way of thinking. My grandad said something along the lines of " Being in front doesn't always make you superior, look at a horse and cart, the more intelligent one is behind, when we take Guru Sahib somewhere, there is always someone in front clearing the way, that doesn't make them superior to our Guru".

Completely agree with what @Redoptics has said, the Anand Karaj isn't about who's in charge, it's about connecting our souls to waheguru.

thats not the way the sunday/part-time sikhs, liberal extremists, feminists etc. c it. 

they wanna challenge everythin even if it goes against tradition, social norms n rehit maryada i.e. walkin side by side durin lavan which will mean one of em either closer or further away from guru ji. so who decides who goes where? or alternating so bride then groom lead twice. who decides to go first? plus it jus looks odd since she holds the sash from behind. apparently this controls his pace so she does actually have sum control over him but these ppl dnt c that. they also dnt c the father of the bride puttin the sash in his daughters lap as an act of submission to the groom either. all they wanna c n focus on is the groom in walkin in front n her followin him.

fact is theres no such thing as equality. females today jus wanna enjoy wat man has made n wat excuses woman from any hardship/difficulty.

the creator made man n woman different.

man is stronger than woman. n woman submits to man durin procreation (unless ur white/not much of a man).

think that needs to be understood n respected a bit more imo.

a muscular woman who wants to control/dominate in every single way seems not only weird but unnatural too.