A change in the Morning Banias?

Singh1989

On reading on a few Sakhias of Sikh Saints (FTR they followed SGGS and Tenth Guru's bachan to the core by the reads of it) I learned the morning Nitnem is different. Why the change?

We're not talking one biography only but 3-4 sakhia of Saints pre 80's time.

The Bania are Japji, Shabd Hazare, Asa D Vaar, Sukhmani sahib and Anand Sahib full. Wheras today the Mandatory it's Japji, Jaap, Tav Prasad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib full. So what caused the changes?

• 1 month later...
Guest A Singh

You will note the omission of Dasam Bani from the first list.  All gurbani is great, there is no doubt. However my humble opinion is that the demons have evolved since 500 years ago. Dasam Bani is the latest version of Guru's Bani and no nitnem is complete without Jaap Sahib. Sikhs are being attacked from all angles, read Dasam Bani daily and experience the power for yourself, and win every battle in your life both internal and external. As Sri Bhagauti ji will be with you. Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fatehhh

On 9/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dsinghdp said:

I heard that they did 5 Banian alone and Sukhmani Sahib and Asa Di Vaar with the Sangat.

that's true a gursikh would never count 5 banian of khalsa rehit  in when talking of morning banian as they there is no question you Have to do them but mention additional ones like shabad hazare , shabad hazare patshahi 10, Asa di Vaar, sukhmani sahib, sidh gosht etc ...

When I visited the bhora of Baba Nand SIngh ji the conditions laid were to do 10 Japji Sahibs for 30 days (month) and this was on top of regular nitnem 5 morning banian.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Guest A Singh said:

You will note the omission of Dasam Bani from the first list.  All gurbani is great, there is no doubt. However my humble opinion is that the demons have evolved since 500 years ago. Dasam Bani is the latest version of Guru's Bani and no nitnem is complete without Jaap Sahib. Sikhs are being attacked from all angles, read Dasam Bani daily and experience the power for yourself, and win every battle in your life both internal and external. As Sri Bhagauti ji will be with you. Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fatehhh

This is true. 

Bani from GGSJ makes us a saint and bani from dasam granth makes us a warrior. This is really important as we're in kaljug and all sorts of things will try attack us and to live as a ghristi/being part of the world you definitely need the sipahi aspect otherwise kalyug won't let u walk on the path of dharam

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, Singh1989 said:

On reading on a few Sakhias of Sikh Saints (FTR they followed SGGS and Tenth Guru's bachan to the core by the reads of it) I learned the morning Nitnem is different. Why the change?

Nitnem is Jap, Jaap, Swayye, Chaupai, Anand.

Asa di Vaar, Shabad Hazare, etc. are extra that every Sikh is encouraged to do, but it is optional.

I am always perplexed at this topic

five banis alone easily take one hour and that is if you do fast enough . one hour alone doesnt allow reflection on baanis being read

and on top of that, naam japp /simran daily would take additional half hour

so amritdhari sikh is expected to reserve his 1 and half hour daily morning for this spiritual practice ?