Sign in to follow this  
Singh1989

A change in the Morning Banias?

On reading on a few Sakhias of Sikh Saints (FTR they followed SGGS and Tenth Guru's bachan to the core by the reads of it) I learned the morning Nitnem is different. Why the change?

We're not talking one biography only but 3-4 sakhia of Saints pre 80's time.

The Bania are Japji, Shabd Hazare, Asa D Vaar, Sukhmani sahib and Anand Sahib full. Wheras today the Mandatory it's Japji, Jaap, Tav Prasad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib full. So what caused the changes?

Guest A Singh

You will note the omission of Dasam Bani from the first list.  All gurbani is great, there is no doubt. However my humble opinion is that the demons have evolved since 500 years ago. Dasam Bani is the latest version of Guru's Bani and no nitnem is complete without Jaap Sahib. Sikhs are being attacked from all angles, read Dasam Bani daily and experience the power for yourself, and win every battle in your life both internal and external. As Sri Bhagauti ji will be with you. Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fatehhh

On 9/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dsinghdp said:

I heard that they did 5 Banian alone and Sukhmani Sahib and Asa Di Vaar with the Sangat.

that's true a gursikh would never count 5 banian of khalsa rehit  in when talking of morning banian as they there is no question you Have to do them but mention additional ones like shabad hazare , shabad hazare patshahi 10, Asa di Vaar, sukhmani sahib, sidh gosht etc ...

When I visited the bhora of Baba Nand SIngh ji the conditions laid were to do 10 Japji Sahibs for 30 days (month) and this was on top of regular nitnem 5 morning banian.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• You see some type of behaviours and undertones in Indian serials particularly in the saas-bhau drama serials.  I recall the one serial called "Kyau Ki Saas Bi Khabi Bhau Thee",  where the protagonist Tulsi is kind of revered as a some devi and when she was challenged by some scheming female villain then she would step up to her and that Conch shell sound effect, it was like Mahabharat or something and she fighting for dharma like it was some kind of 'dharam yudh'. Even the dialogue was Bhagavad Gita like when taking about 'truth' Then they will also introduce and influence certain rituals I never even heard of like this 'Karva Chauth ' , where a wife will fast for her husband for a day and in the evening break her fast when the moon came out and she will hold some tambourine like object over the moon. Then I started hearing about some of our girls/women started doing this for their husbands. And I am like 'come off it', this seems to be some made up recent ritual, we have never done this in our traditions.  There is a lot of soft power and influence in the media.   
    • I hv it downloaded I can send u via whatsapp. message me ur no.
    • Anyone have this not on scribd?
    • It goes both ways. If you hear the Islamic narrative they also prob up Islamic invaders and rulers as benign. You should hear what they say about an invader like Muhammad Bin Qaasim who is hailed as a hero and who they claim just came to save a few Muslim women while the defender Raja Dahir is portrayed as an evil scheming, degenerate pervert. But historic Muslim sources like the Chachnama convey a different story and testify how the invading Muslim Arabs had taken thousands of Hindu Sindhi women back with them.    Or look at how they view Aurangzeb. They shamelessly justify his hate  and war crimes against the Hindus and Sikhs. Many even call him a Wali of Allah or a great saint much like how the Buddhists view King Ashok. He is universally respected by Sunni Muslims. He is basically the main reason why most Punjabi and Mirpuri Rajputs and Jatts are Muslims in Pakistan today.   The Hindu and Muslim grand narratives are very different. The Sikh grand narrative can best be read at the starting of Bhangu's Panth Prakash. Bhangu very elaborately explains the condition of India before Guru Nanak Dev ji took avtar and then what followed and how Sikhs got raaj by Vaheguru

Important Information

Terms of Use