Proof of Sikhs taking cannabis in 1776

shastarSingh

4 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

100 or so years from now, historical observations from the late 80’s and early 90’s armed resistance of Khalistan Guerrilla Fighters is going to be examined and debated upon.  They will find some of the Guerrilla fighters used Afeem (Opium) to  help them stay alert and fight fatigue during the harsh times when they were being hunted or carrying out missions.  Examining this through the present we can say that by no means was ‘Afeem’ a part of their Rehit Marayada, or were they encouraged or given exemption by the Jathedar of Akal Takhat to do so.  They did this because they simply chose to do so.

Unless anyone can submit evidence from Sikh sources or written Hukamnama from the 18th Century that taking Bhang was part of Sikh Rehit Marayada, this is no more than an observation of ‘some Sikhs who chose to do so’.

You will be hated for making sense.  The poster above you will now call you the F word in punjabi.  Dolly101 cannot comprehend this type of deep thought.

1 hour ago, TigerForce1 said:

100 or so years from now, historical observations from the late 80’s and early 90’s armed resistance of Khalistan Guerrilla Fighters is going to be examined and debated upon.  They will find some of the Guerrilla fighters used Afeem (Opium) to  help them stay alert and fight fatigue during the harsh times when they were being hunted or carrying out missions.  Examining this through the present we can say that by no means was ‘Afeem’ a part of their Rehit Marayada, or were they encouraged or given exemption by the Jathedar of Akal Takhat to do so.  They did this because they simply chose to do so.

Unless anyone can submit evidence from Sikh sources or written Hukamnama from the 18th Century that taking Bhang was part of Sikh Rehit Marayada, this is no more than an observation of ‘some Sikhs who chose to do so’.

The whole point about rehit-namas and the differences between them is a whole discussion in itself, but there is evidence in Bhangu's Panth Prakash, Sainapati's Gursobha, Prem Sumarag Granth. 

There is also notice of this in the earliest european sources from the late 1700s. 

No one is telling anyone to do these things, but to whitewash your own people's history is weak. 

As alluded to previously, the people who did partake aren't likely to have done so for what we call 'recreational reasons' today. It may as well have been medical reasons? Given how sukha da tehl is being increasingly investigated by modern science along this very line, it isn't implausible. It may well have been a carry over from pre-existing Ayurvedic practice?

Can't you people have a grown up discussion about this? 

Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals .

Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 

30 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

The whole point about rehit-namas and the differences between them is a whole discussion in itself, but there is evidence in Bhangu's Panth Prakash, Sainapati's Gursobha, Prem Sumarag Granth. 

There is also notice of this in the earliest european sources from the late 1700s. 

No one is telling anyone to do these things, but to whitewash your own people's history is weak. 

As alluded to previously, the people who did partake aren't likely to have done so for what we call 'recreational reasons' today. It may as well have been medical reasons? Given how sukha da tehl is being increasingly investigated by modern science along this very line, it isn't implausible. It may well have been a carry over from pre-existing Ayurvedic practice?

Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.  

If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!

Technically Bang is neither a poison, toxin, or addictive. There is a reason its called Sukh and has a place within history of Sikhia. 

The Guru Granth Sahib Ji says to avoid toxins, technically tea contains various poisons, if you drank enough it could kill you and its addictive. You'd have to drink a retarded amount to die, but just sayin nobody seems this triggered over cha. 

I'd be asking myself where this hate of bang comes from?  When it was planted? Obviously wasn't there initially. 

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥

ਹੇ ਕਬੀਰ! ਜੇ ਲੋਕ ‘ਭਗਤਨ ਸੇਤੀ ਗੋਸਟੇ’ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਤੀਰਥ-ਜਾਤ੍ਰਾ ਵਰਤ-ਨੇਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਭੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਸ਼ਰਾਬੀ ਲੋਕ ਭੰਗ ਮੱਛੀ ਭੀ ਖਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ,

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥

ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਹ ਤੀਰਥ ਵਰਤ ਆਦਿਕ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।੨੩੩।

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 1377 
SALOK KABEER JEE BHAGAT KABEER JI

9 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Dear dallysingh veer

Plz provide references from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha

Bhai ji, the books are available on my scribd (English translations and original texts). Try and locate them. But I will try and hunt the references out when I get time.

I just haven't got the 30 odd minutes I'd need to locate them again  at the mo.

https://www.scribd.com/user/21205536/dalsingh101