Proof of Sikhs taking cannabis in 1776

shastarSingh

5 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Stop pedalling bullshhittt . I have never craved for all that crrap. What deficiencies lmao. I am doing fine 30 yrs of my life without any sort of drug , alcohol , etc. 

Yeah, I know. And we all know what you do crave........lol

He-sausages. lmao

Just admit you like to get high on sukha. Just join some nihang group if you so desire . Or better yet, travel to Mexico or Punjab where such Kaljugi occurrences are more common. 

I don't like it. I just recognise the potential health benefits. Plus you can go to Canada and large parts of America and get it legally. 

And for the rest of you giddarhs. One of those sukha imbibing warriors of the past, who stood up, and fought against unimaginable odds, and perserverved is worth at least 10 million of you and your mothers. None of us are worthy of even the dust on their shoes. 

If you're going to sl@g off those types of Singhs, you're going to have to do ninya of shaheeds like Mehtab Singh, Sukha Singh and Baba Gurbaksh Singh. Shame on you. 

13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

He-sausages. lmao

No I don't you iddiot. I know how to control my tendencies, unlike you . stop acting like a g@ndooo

4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You aren't even acting: You are a g@ndoo. 

You're lucky you aren't here. Someone would've selling you as a rent boy by now. 

you're a poofttah that likes to get high on drugs . No wonder moneh dudes are not accepted in wider sikh circles. 

I wasn't gonna be anyone's rentboy. People who become rentboys are by choice, or guess what ... they're into addictions like yours, and then when they run out of money  , end up bargaining their rear for another dose. No sober person can be made a rentboy . 

oh and btw, I am not a practising homosexual and I am even married to a woman , so you can't exactly call me a g@ndoo LOL. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

He-sausages. lmao

I don't like it. I just recognise the potential health benefits. Plus you can go to Canada and large parts of America and get it legally. 

And for the rest of you giddarhs. One of those sukha imbibing warriors of the past, who stood up, and fought against unimaginable odds, and perserverved is worth at least 10 million of you and your mothers. None of us are worthy of even the dust on their shoes. 

If you're going to sl@g off those types of Singhs, you're going to have to do ninya of shaheeds like Mehtab Singh, Sukha Singh and Baba Gurbaksh Singh. Shame on you. 

Did you not see the previous posts? This is what Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says to everyone who uses bhang, including any of those ‘shaheeds’ you have named. No one is above guruji , no one is exempt from the hukam of guru ji. This is the hukam of guruji - 

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥

ਹੇ ਕਬੀਰ! ਜੇ ਲੋਕ ‘ਭਗਤਨ ਸੇਤੀ ਗੋਸਟੇ’ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਤੀਰਥ-ਜਾਤ੍ਰਾ ਵਰਤ-ਨੇਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਭੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਸ਼ਰਾਬੀ ਲੋਕ ਭੰਗ ਮੱਛੀ ਭੀ ਖਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ,

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥

ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਹ ਤੀਰਥ ਵਰਤ ਆਦਿਕ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।੨੩੩।

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 1377 
SALOK KABEER JEE BHAGAT KABEER JI

—————————————————————

Shaheedi or martyrdom is about sacrificing ones life for the principles of gurmat, ie sacrificing your life for guruji. 

Examples include Bhai Taru Singh and Bhai Mani Singh. Such sikhs would die before breaking gurmat principles such as cutting hair, taking cannabis, drinking wine or eating flesh. 

Sacrificing gurmat principles by taking cannabis in order to achieve a goal is not shaheedi in my opinion. It’s a contradiction, how can you be fighting for religion when you are breaking its fundamental principles. 

Further more, this is what gurbani says about warriors - 

jaa kau har ra(n)g laago is jug meh so kaheeat hai sooraa ||
He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord's Love in this age.
———————————-

True warriors do not need to get high on drugs to drown fear and pain. True warriors are imbued and intoxicated with naam. 

2 minutes ago, IshR said:

Did you not see the previous posts? This is what Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says to everyone who uses bhang, including any of those ‘shaheeds’ you have named. No one is above guruji , no one is exempt from the hukam of guru ji. This is the hukam of guruji - 

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥

ਹੇ ਕਬੀਰ! ਜੇ ਲੋਕ ‘ਭਗਤਨ ਸੇਤੀ ਗੋਸਟੇ’ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਤੀਰਥ-ਜਾਤ੍ਰਾ ਵਰਤ-ਨੇਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਭੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਸ਼ਰਾਬੀ ਲੋਕ ਭੰਗ ਮੱਛੀ ਭੀ ਖਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ,

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥

ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਹ ਤੀਰਥ ਵਰਤ ਆਦਿਕ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।੨੩੩।

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 1377 
SALOK KABEER JEE BHAGAT KABEER JI

Shaheedi or martyrdom is about sacrificing ones life for the principles of gurmat, ie sacrificing your life for guruji. 

Examples include Bhai Taru Singh and Bhai Mani Singh. Such sikhs would die before breaking gurmat principles such as cutting hair, taking cannabis, drinking wine or eating flesh. 

Sacrificing gurmat principles by taking cannabis in order to achieve a goal is not shaheedi in my opinion. It’s a contradiction, how can you be fighting for religion when you are breaking its fundamental principles. 

I honestly believe that the context of shaheeds of the past taking sukha is something we can't really grasp today because we've been thoroughly brainwashed with outside culture notions of these practices. Most significantly is the concept of 'drug classification' on what would have been perceived as a naturally occuring potential medical plant by people growing up native to the plant. 

So you are already transposing outsider frameworks on the practices. (Ones introduced by the brits no doubt). What is ironic is that the west is increasingly recognising the outright failure of their ('war on drugs') approach towards the use of these substances and are slowly but surely adopting a line more akin to ancient Indic practice, where criminalising the substances never occurred, and society self-regulated their use.

Regarding the pangti from Bhagat Kabir above.  That, I believe, refers to the ritualistic use of those substances in certain Hindu pilgrimages sites/religious practices that were common. It rightly condemns these as futile for the sought after mukti.

417104606_124b3fc255.jpg

Example of ritual fish.

Why don't people post the full shabad of Bhagat Kabir Ji! We should be wary of just posting pangtis because they may not reflect the complete shabad and only give us a partial understanding. The context of these pangtis is VERY IMPORTANT. It's not like certain rehatnamas with short explicit instructions, a deeper meaning is implied in Gurbani usually. 

7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I honestly believe that the context of shaheeds of the past taking sukha is something we can't really grasp today because we've been thoroughly brainwashed with outside culture notions of these practices. Most significantly is the concept of 'drug classification' on what would have been perceived as a naturally occuring potential medical plant by people growing up native to the plant. 

So you are already transposing outsider frameworks on the practices. (Ones introduced by the brits no doubt). What is ironic is that the west is increasingly recognising the outright failure of their ('war on drugs') approach towards the use of these substances and are slowly but surely adopting a line more akin to ancient Indic practice, where criminalising the substances never occurred, and society self-regulated their use.

Regarding the pangti from Bhagat Kabir above.  That, I believe, refers to the ritualistic use of those substances in certain Hindu pilgrimages sites/religious practices that were common. It rightly condemns these as futile for the sought after mukti.

417104606_124b3fc255.jpg

Example of ritual fish.

Why don't people post the full shabad of Bhagat Kabir Ji! We should be wary of just posting pangtis because they may not reflect the complete shabad and only give us a partial understanding. The context of these pangtis is VERY IMPORTANT. It's not like certain rehatnamas with short explicit instructions, a deeper meaning is implied in Gurbani usually. 

It’s quite apparent you will deny the truth even when it’s in black and white right in front of your eyes. 

The passage quoted by kabeer is a salok, that’s its beginning, middle and end. A very simple passage of gurbani from maharaj. Whoever consumes cannabis, fish, wine  goes to hell. If you don’t accept what guruji says and are intent on twisting gurbani to suite your own beliefs, then there is no point discussing further. 

People reading this thread can make up their own mind. 

3 minutes ago, IshR said:

It’s quite apparent you will deny the truth even when it’s in black and white right in front of your eyes. 

The passage quoted by kabeer is a salok, that’s its beginning, middle and end. A very simple passage of gurbani from maharaj. Whoever consumes cannabis, fish, wine  goes to hell. If you don’t accept what guruji says and are intent on twisting gurbani to suite your own beliefs, then there is no point discussing further. 

People reading this thread can make up their own mind. 

Yeah, and like I said, respected shaheed Singhs did consume it, so your black and white binary interpretation doesn't cut it. It's more complex than that. 

And I am genuinely shocked at your personal interpretation because you seem to be of a scientific bent. Surely you can't be missing all the slowly emerging information on our endocannabinoid system, and how important this is for our health. 

Maybe Singhs of old were a bit more clued up about this than we might imagine today. Especially given the 100 odd years of low grade 'education' brits pushed on Panjabis during colonialism.