Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

Proof of Sikhs taking cannabis in 1776

Recommended Posts

Technically Bang is neither a poison, toxin, or addictive. There is a reason its called Sukh and has a place within history of Sikhia. 

The Guru Granth Sahib Ji says to avoid toxins, technically tea contains various poisons, if you drank enough it could kill you and its addictive. You'd have to drink a retarded amount to die, but just sayin nobody seems this triggered over cha. 

I'd be asking myself where this hate of bang comes from?  When it was planted? Obviously wasn't there initially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥


ਹੇ ਕਬੀਰ! ਜੇ ਲੋਕ ‘ਭਗਤਨ ਸੇਤੀ ਗੋਸਟੇ’ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਤੀਰਥ-ਜਾਤ੍ਰਾ ਵਰਤ-ਨੇਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਭੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਸ਼ਰਾਬੀ ਲੋਕ ਭੰਗ ਮੱਛੀ ਭੀ ਖਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ,


Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥


 ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਹ ਤੀਰਥ ਵਰਤ ਆਦਿਕ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।੨੩੩।


- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 1377 
SALOK KABEER JEE BHAGAT KABEER JI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 3:23 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Understanding of what and why ?? 

 

Because you're gay yourself and that is hardly endorsed in Sikhi is it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Dear dallysingh veer

Plz provide references from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha

Bhai ji, the books are available on my scribd (English translations and original texts). Try and locate them. But I will try and hunt the references out when I get time.

I just haven't got the 30 odd minutes I'd need to locate them again  at the mo.

 

https://www.scribd.com/user/21205536/dalsingh101

 

Edited by dallysingh101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Dear dallysingh veer

Plz provide references from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha

PS - The reference in Gursobha isn't about sukha, but afeem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bhai ji, the books are available on my scribd (English translations and original texts). Try and locate them. But I will try and hunt the references out when I get time.

I just haven't got the 30 odd minutes I'd need to locate them again  at the mo.

 

https://www.scribd.com/user/21205536/dalsingh101

 

Will be very kind if u provide the references

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Because you're gay yourself and that is hardly endorsed in Sikhi is it. 

Ppl are born gay . They don't choose to be. Although they do choose to act on it. 

Ppl like op choose to get high on narcotics in various forms. No one is born with a liking for sukh nidhan. 

That's big difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Ppl are born gay . They don't choose to be. Although they do choose to act on it. 

Ppl like op choose to get high on narcotics in various forms. No one is born with a liking for sukh nidhan. 

That's big difference. 

But we are all born with an endocannabinoid system (which is a little understood part of our immune system), and compounds in sukha (exogenous cannabinoids) are likely to be able to help with deficiencies. Maybe the ancient Indics had some grasp of this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 1:45 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Technically Bang is neither a poison, toxin, or addictive. There is a reason its called Sukh and has a place within history of Sikhia. 

The Guru Granth Sahib Ji says to avoid toxins, technically tea contains various poisons, if you drank enough it could kill you and its addictive. You'd have to drink a retarded amount to die, but just sayin nobody seems this triggered over cha. 

I'd be asking myself where this hate of bang comes from?  When it was planted? Obviously wasn't there initially. 

"Kabeer bhang machuli sura paan jo jo prani khahn teerath barat nem kiye sabhai rasaatal jahe " - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji -ANG 1377

Kabeer ,those mortals who consume marijuna,fish and wine- no matter what pilgrimages , fasts and rituals they follow , they will go to hell

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

But we are all born with an endocannabinoid system (which is a little understood part of our immune system), and compounds in sukha (exogenous cannabinoids) are likely to be able to help with deficiencies. Maybe the ancient Indics had some grasp of this? 

Or maybe.... they just liked to get....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Haha  loved this song back in the days

Yeh me too!  Afroman for the ‘Jathedar of the Bhangi Dal’.  This guy definitely has no deficiencies of Exogenous Cannabinoids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

But we are all born with an endocannabinoid system (which is a little understood part of our immune system), and compounds in sukha (exogenous cannabinoids) are likely to be able to help with deficiencies. Maybe the ancient Indics had some grasp of this? 

Stop pedalling bullshhittt . I have never craved for all that crrap. What deficiencies lmao. I am doing fine 30 yrs of my life without any sort of drug , alcohol , etc. 

Just admit you like to get high on sukha. Just join some nihang group if you so desire . Or better yet, travel to Mexico or Punjab where such Kaljugi occurrences are more common. 

Stop pedalling such BS. Gurbani says "naam khumari nanaka chadi rahe din raat" . Not sukha khumari . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bhagat kabeer clearly tells us that you go to hell for doing that. 

Iv  never smoked weed  though it was tempting 

When I went takt kesgarh sahib I saw a young nihang grinding some bhang, I started looking and he didn't like that very much haha  so I walked 

Why do some nihungs beg for money at kesgarh sahib?  Why don't they work?  All they seem to do is lounge around all day. 

Historically I think it was culturally more acceptable. The bhangi misl from the sikh misl period were called  bhangi misl because of there usage of bhang and how they used it all the time, they were so famous for taking bhang that bhangi became the name of the misl,  bhangi was not actually their second name. They were one of the most powerful and feared misls and they ruled over the territory of amritsar.  Gobindgarg qila in amritsar was originally built by the bhangi sardars and it was called bhangia the qila,  it's only when M ranjit singh took over amritsar that he further fortified the fort and renamed it gobindgarh qila.

That bhangi sardars were also notorious for their debauchery and had lots of nachan waliya 

Edited by puzzled
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • When an animal dies, it will decompose and provide nutrients in the soil which the plant will feed off. We maybe eating plants that have fed off animals. Life consumes life in all it's forms.
    • Bro... Guru Hargobind Sahib ji in his hukamnama said, "Maas machhi de nerrey nahai jawnaa". Exact words. 
    • S So fly her to Alaska if she is that desperate, i am sure someone will teach her all she needs to learn. To be very honest I have never seen a female sikh ever.  Here every sikh person you see is a man, with a turban and a long flowing beard,  either dyed in very dark red or bright yellow colors, mostly speaking in very unfamiliar dialects. Very strange.
    • Yes, but plants don't walk on all fours to move from one location to another like animals do. Plants have to be pulled out from the ground to a different location.  Sometimes, they don't thrive in their new environment due to unsuitable soil conditions sadly enough. On the other hand, animals can be transported from one place to another whether dead or alive, they will thrive anywhere if fed properly (a bit like yourself).  Even Bernard shaw was a strict vegetarian, never killed a fly in his entire life. You all need spiritual counselling. Judging from your post, you don't seem to have any beliefs, values or morals, forget about Sikhi. You seem like someone who visits Masts and their babeys in green clothes who tie threads around their wrists for protection from evil spirits and so on.  People like you are deeply steeped in superstition and silly activities which consist of mumbo-jumbo rituals, dance,  alcohol and meat consumption on daily basis.        
    • I remember there was a Saakhi of Guru Sahib shutting down Langar? I forget the details, does anyone here know of it?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use