Why are very unclothed girls running university sikh societies?

ipledgeblue

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

irony is that women are always moaning how they are being sexualized and objectified in the media, yet look at the state of them in summer and on Friday/Saturday nights! whose objectifying them then other than themselves? 

They dress like s1uts and then complain that people are staring! am i missing something here? 

Female celebs are the same. There was a American singer called Ashanti who got men from the audience to come onto the stage and she started lap dancing and stripping on them, some guy from the audience then threw money at her and she got angry and said "I'm not a f*cking stripper" !! 

its like me wearing a builders outfit and then moaning that everyone thinks i'm a builder! 

Women today are nothing but a contradiction, confused mess. 

They are in denial and blame this mess on the media and "patriarchal society" 

God help them! 

A lot of women love to be objectified. 

It just depends whose doing the objectifying.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:16 AM, Sat1 said:

Have you ever worn a tight top or vest and shorts of said the same of......

in my first post I said there is no ifs here. Wearing of tight clothing that reveal the curves of the body or showing skin, like legs and chest for women is not respectful in Sikhi.  And any sikh women who dresses in this way should not be in any leadership role for Sikhi.  It is setting a bad example for how a Sikh is to present themselves before Akal Purakh in the world.  You can rant and rave about men and women are the same, but biologically,  psychologically, and socially men and women are very different.  

When it comes to spiritual wisdom from Gurbani.  A person who truly practices spiritual wisdom from Gurbani will see the merit in a woman dressing respectfully.  She will latch onto the wisdom of the Guru to be compassionate and have contentment. A stable mind by Gurbani standards is a person who doesn't adhere to worldly standards of beauty and fashion.  She will adhere to the beauty standard of Gurbani.  Exposing particular parts of the body for a women is to attract sexual attention from others.  There is no compassion or contentment in such act.  So what leadership qualities according to Gurbani can such a women instill in others? None, she is lost in vain pursuits. The audience listening to her will not take her seriously according to Gurbani standards and the men will be busy fantasizing about her sexually and women will be busy envying her on looks.  If a women wants to be respected according to her Guru's standards.  Then don't expose skin like legs and chest or back and don't wear clothing that will expose the shape of the body.  Don't do it for parents or husband or society.  Do it for the Guru.  That's who counts.  At the end, society can't save you from death or pull you out from the clutches of dharamraj.  Only Guru Sahib will look at your compassion, contentment, and dedication to him and pull you out of deaths reach. 

8 hours ago, Singh375 said:

@Premi5

I don’t think it’s appropriate to upload images of Sikh society members here. 

Would you like your photo here, or your sisters? 

Actually, these posts were found very easily on a basic google search. I am not even member of insta or FB

These people clearly do not mind having their photos there!

Btw, Tamzin and Isha don't seem very 'Sikh' names

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Actually, these posts were found very easily on a basic google search. I am not even member of insta or FB

These people clearly do not mind having their photos there!

Btw, Tamzin and Isha don't seem very 'Sikh' names

These girls aren’t wearing revealing clothes though? I’m sure the sikh society welcome Amritdari girls to be committee members but maybe they already have existing sangat (most likely also commute to uni too) and therefore don't join. The sikh society can be a place for non orthodox sikhs to increase their gyan and sangat. I was a committee member at uni and I remember being told they want more moneh as the face to bring more moneh in- it really depends on the goals of the society. To bring likeminded practicing sikhs together vs bringing newbie/non practicing sikhs into sikhi. We did simran every week when I was there and no singhnia turned up. Most likely because they already had local gurdwara to go to unlike the people living in this new city for uni. 

P.s There are plenty of sikhs with non sikh names out there... due to a husband who refused any sikh names when we had kids- my own kids have western sounding name..  although can still be found in SGGSJ if pronounced in a indian way.

2 hours ago, kuldipk123 said:

@Sat1 

I think not all women dress in revealing clothes I must say. The singhniyan look pretty decent in their bana. Why can’t the rest dress like them?  What have they got to lose?  They have everything to gain? Why do they choose to look like hussies or slappers when they can choose to look like goddesses? The little hoochies have no dress sense!

What right have you got to call a woman a hoochie. How do you know she sleeps around and what her daily actions are. She could be a good soul. You judge on the external and forget the internal state of others which reflects your probable neglect of your own internal state. 

Half of these woman may have acted in more civilized ways than you and never called a woman or a man a slapper or a Hussie or judged people so quickly before working on their own thieves first. It’s people like you who are fanatical and begin to mirror the Muslim mentality that women are objects who’s external appearance defines who they are. Who cares what they look like. And why would any woman take advice from you when you use such derogatory terms for women based on their appearance.

How fickle, materialistic and shallow can a human be to judge based on that.

Do you really think if the Gurus were walking in the earth now, that they would have said what you’ve just said.. The great souls who taught equality and respect of women. 

2 hours ago, learningkaur said:

These girls aren’t wearing revealing clothes though? I’m sure the sikh society welcome Amritdari girls to be committee members but maybe they already have existing sangat (most likely also commute to uni too) and therefore don't join. The sikh society can be a place for non orthodox sikhs to increase their gyan and sangat. I was a committee member at uni and I remember being told they want more moneh as the face to bring more moneh in- it really depends on the goals of the society. To bring likeminded practicing sikhs together vs bringing newbie/non practicing sikhs into sikhi. We did simran every week when I was there and no singhnia turned up. Most likely because they already had local gurdwara to go to unlike the people living in this new city for uni. 

P.s There are plenty of sikhs with non sikh names out there... due to a husband who refused any sikh names when we had kids- my own kids have western sounding name..  although can still be found in SGGSJ if pronounced in a indian way.

The Gurus taught people from all walks of life. They never imposed anything on anyone. They respected Freedom of Choice. Had they had the mentality of only teaching certain people wearing a certain type of clothing, India may well have been overtaken by the Moghuls and the preservation of SGGSJi may never have been possible.. and not many people would have been taught the beautiful gyan that was taught. 

Guru Nanak travelled far and wide. Unfortunately, many fanatical Sikhs have twisted the teachings to their liking and have become highly judgemental and selective, thinking the gyan and the Bhagti path to belong to them solely, sometimes only based on their external dress. A very shallow and Egoistic way of practicing gurbani.  This is called ego of seva, or trishna, and is where many fall off the path. 

3 hours ago, learningkaur said:

These girls aren’t wearing revealing clothes though? 

Trust me the girls will not be wearing revealing clothes when attending sikh societies. I don't know the girls for the universities the images were posted for

However for some West London unis I shall not name, I have been in the Whatsapp groups, and the admin girls have trashy pics on their Whatsapp profile pics. Then you may also be able to see them wearing trashy clothes at uni parties and nightclub events, however we would not know but these girls' egos make them post these pics on instagram, facebook and whatever other media they use.

It's rather a shame that they have to post such pictures as whatsapp profile pics when managing sikh society whatsapp groups. I mean if they want to privately do this stuff, why do they have to flash this on social media? This is the lack of ukkal common sense I am seeing!

3 hours ago, Sat1 said:

Your real test is looking past the external appearance, because it means nothing. The internal appearance is just as important. Guru Gobind Singh Ji dressed as a Prince, and yet had the heart of one with Nothing. The very fact that these issues upset you so much, show there’s something wrong with you. 

A man wearing tight clothing will also attract attention to himself. But if I’m in a Gurdwarra and a man in tight clothing walks in, my first reaction is to have No reaction. Because I’d see him as a brother. A woman in tight clothing, you should see as a Sister. 

Any woman, a prostitute, a dancer, Beyoncé. Sister. Other than your partner. The reason being that we are All Gods kids and he loves us Equally. If he didn’t, the prostitute wouldn’t wake up in the morning. He’d deprive her of the sun, her clothes, her life. But He Is everyone everything everywhere, as much as you don’t want to see or acknowledge it. Until you stop seeing women as Objects of desire, you will never evolve your psychology or see females with an equal eye as the Gurus did. 

The fault is with the men who fantasize sexually... and women’s envy. The entire Middle East covers up for your reasoning, that men supposedly have no self control. How is that the woman’s problem. The Gurus spoke out against sexism, not condone and encourage it.

Control your Own lust, evolve your own psychology and move forward on your Own path. 

ਮਃ ੫ ॥
Fifth Mehla:

ਵਾਊ ਸੰਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ ਗਰਬਿ ਗਵਾਰ ॥
ਮੂਰਖ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਬਾਰੀਕ ਕੱਪੜੇ ਬੜੀ ਆਕੜ ਨਾਲ ਪਹਿਨਦੇ ਹਨ, 
They wears clothes thin like the air/wind, what a proud fool they are!

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਚਲਨੀ ਜਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਹੋਏ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੨॥
ਪਰ ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! (ਮਰਨ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਕੱਪੜੇ ਜੀਵ ਦੇ) ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂਦੇ, (ਏਥੇ ਹੀ) ਸੜ ਕੇ ਸੁਆਹ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।੨।
O Nanak, they will not go with him in the end; they shall be burnt to ashes. ||2||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 318 
RAAG GAUREE GURU ARJAN DEV JI

Thanks to poster @puzzled  for presenting this shabad that wearing of revealing clothing is wrong by Gurbani standards. 

I hope after this shabad, you @Sat1 are content with Gurbani.