Sign in to follow this  
ipledgeblue

Why are very unclothed girls running university sikh societies?

this 2020 lockdown stuff has delayed the uni sikh societies.

However, the societies should be starting up again after September 2020.

Why don't organisations like BOSS and Nishaan vet the people representing sikh socieites?

Even employers these days will go through social media accounts checking prospective employees.

Perhaps the same now needs to be done by some sikh organisations, otherwise this is going to continue to have really bad consequences for sikhs attending unis if the sikh societies are run by people such as these!

I remember when sikh channel was new, and they put on a news presenter dressed showing off shoulder areas. There was a big scandal about that, and the channel seemed to have learnt a little bit about respect at that time lol! I just don't understand why this sikh girl decided to go on a sikh channel dressed that way?

• Downvote 1

Anyone can call themselves a 'Sikh' .....you can smoke, drink, sheesha, and everything else under the sun and call yourself a 'Sikh'...

1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

Even employers these days will go through social media accounts checking prospective employees.

Very true

In my previous job I was in-charge of recruiting a few roles. The first thing I did with any application was look them up on FB, IG and Twitter

One scroll through someone's profile is enough to decide if you want them working for you. After that you read the application.

That's how recruitment works now!

they dont represent sikhs at all they just represent gorafied punjabans same ones that prolly go crazy for BLM even though blacks r attacking our old babey in toronto. I dont respect this women at all i mean these are the same ones who on snapchat will be showing bottles of wine , drinknig with there moms etc.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:26 AM, ipledgeblue said:

In this is for the past few years now, not just now.....

On social media for the past few years or so I am seeing girls showing off most of their latta (legs) and shatti (chest) areas in their photos, on places such as Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp cover photos etc. These girls seem to be also controlling social media groups for university sikh societies, quite big societies as well, not going to name any unis.

But serious, this is quite shocking. I don't even think that some of these societies have simran or paat or discussion sessions, just activities to go out (such as paintballing which seems to be popular every year) and call down speakers from BoS to do talks now and then etc. I remember a decade ago some sikh societies were improving with discussions etc.

So what is going on? Would never have nangi jai girls managing the sikh socities in the past, are we going downhill that much???? You see the Singhs in these societies and they have respectful pics wearing paghs, and these days many are wearing dumalla, and dressed like a decent person. Seems to be some inequality when sikh society management has girls still stuck in such slave mentality when it comes to dressing, or lack of???

where is the sharam, what kind of example does this give to other sikh students? are the modern sikh youngster Singhs afraid of the women? seriously what is this..... ???

Sharam is something that we've lost

If anyone tries to say something to these girls they'll start attacking you and saying My body My rules

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Parenting gone typically wrong. I wonder what kinds of parents these girls have.

I was at a technology meetup yesterday and a random stranger sikh girl had come there too. I knew she was "sikh"  because I heard the receptionist call out "kaur" at her last name.

What was shocking was she was typical of the short-framed punjabi girls we see nowadays , and she ignored me till the last. I had thought she would call me out considering I was the only turbaned guy in the event and we would have some random conversation in punjabi , but she kept biting her lips like a slag, accompanied  with a monah, probably non-sikh guy who looked like a bihari TBH . 

Sikhs failed to become good parents I tell u ! 

Lucky thing she didn’t talk to you, a guy who calls a woman a slag just because she didn’t speak to you. What a ridiculous post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

On 9/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, kcmidlands said:

What he said, people need to focus on their own journey instead of trying to fault others, if they want to dress like that then that's up to them, if your offended, don't look, you can make all the assumptions you want but you don't know them or who they are, also, take a look at Indian history and what women (and men) used to wear throughout the ages.

A good and sensible post. 

This thread reminds me of the Muslim rule for women to cover up because they assume that men can not control themselves. 

What’s it to anyone else what anyone wears. You can have an amritshak woman who is fully covered who’s actions are demonic, and a woman who dresses how you perceive to be inappropriately but who’s actions are angelic. Judge yourself and work on yourself before judging others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

11 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

If anyone tries to say something to these girls they'll start attacking you and saying My body My rules

Plenty of Sikh guys who wear tight tops and shorts. And no one calls them slags. There is No Difference. Humans are Free to do and wear what they want. 

The external doesn’t determine the internal state. Who are you to judge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Sat1 said:

Lucky thing she didn’t talk to you, a guy who calls a woman a slag just because she didn’t speak to you. What a ridiculous post

Why the downvotes? It’s true. 

Personally if I was at work, I wouldn’t run over to every sikh man I see and start talking in punjabi either? I’m a married woman and would never want it to be taken the wrong way. If I walked in and he was the nearest to me and it was a natural setting then yes (but it doesn’t sound like this was!)

Its like if I was standing outside my child’s school, I wouldn’t run over to a sikh male parent, that would just be so inappropriate. If there is a sikh grandparent I always smile or say hi, but that’s because they are a lot older- not a man in the same age bracket! I just make polite conversation with whoever is standing nearest to me regardless of ethnicity... or someone I already know!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Anyone can call themselves a 'Sikh' .....you can smoke, drink, sheesha, and everything else under the sun and call yourself a 'Sikh'...

really ? smoking and doing drugs in bujjar kurehit, removing kesh is bujjar kurehit  last time I checked that makes you a non-sikh , maybe time to tell them to P off and drop the name  unless they actually follow the Guru's Mat

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, kcmidlands said:

What he said, people need to focus on their own journey instead of trying to fault others, if they want to dress like that then that's up to them, if your offended, don't look, you can make all the assumptions you want but you don't know them or who they are, also, take a look at Indian history and what women (and men) used to wear throughout the ages.

Yes people need to focus on themselves.   However these girls are representing Sikh societies in university.   They need to act and dress in a way that does not show bad behavior.   Dressing to highlight and reveal legs and chest is not respectful in Sikhi.  Wearing tight clothes to show case the body is not acceptable in Sikhi.  There is no ifs here.  Its hard to be a Sikh and being a Sikh carries a lot of weight.  So does being a surgeon, but you wouldn't want a unhygienic and 25% pass surgeon operating on you.  So why is it acceptable for women that don't respect the way Sikhs are to dress leading Sikh university society's?  A body death at the hands of a surgeon is a temporary removal from this world.  However death of the soul at the hands of these women is an absolute death.  

On 8/14/2020 at 12:38 AM, Kaurr said:

Few months ago, there was video of bibya, yes bibya drinking taking shots, like 40,50,60s...and it triggered alot of kuriye. One Singh goes this will be the reality soon bibya drinking glassy, and the kuriye go defense saying its' SeXiSm to CaLl of GiRls and Not MeN'...really hit the nerve for those who drink..