Christian Missionary Friend converting

Guest Sat_Kaur

Guest Sat_Kaur

WGK-WGF

I work in retail management for the last couple of years, and from the first day, my supervisor who happened to be a Christian Missionary, been harassing me to go to church services. Even telling me how, some Sikhi people are attending their masses and Bible Study circles. She even went to India with her missionary family, who are originally from Texas to spread their religion. But now, she's reading the kuran, stopped going to church and even talking to me about islamic stuff. She knows I am a Sikh but how do I politely tell her to go away! She kept asking me how our Guru's be God, because apparently there is a video on YouTube, by Basics of Sikhi where Bhai Jugraj says Sikhs should worship the Gurus because they are God's. I just ignore her, but I never knew this is part of Sikhi? Is it true?

May be someone could give me some advice about how to talk to such people.

Guru Nanak Dev ji was Akal Purkh on earth.   just how they christians believe jesus was god on earth.    Thats why we dont believe our gurus are "dead"   they are still with us because God does not die   thats why we ask our gurus     

You supervisor seems a bit thick and confused 

At work we have a similar paki man who bangs on about islam all the time and he started questioning a christian girl about jesus and how they believe he is a prophet and not god, she didnt wanna answer and politely said no comment, he asked her a few more questions and she simply said no comment.  he then shut up     you can say the same  

If she dont listen just tell her to p1ss off and do one  

Guest GuestSingh
On 10/2/2019 at 7:18 PM, puzzled said:

Guru Nanak Dev ji was Akal Purkh on earth.   just how they christians believe jesus was god on earth.    Thats why we dont believe our gurus are "dead"   they are still with us because God does not die   thats why we ask our gurus     

At work we have a similar paki man who bangs on about islam all the time and he started questioning a christian girl about jesus and how they believe he is a prophet and not god, she didnt wanna answer and politely said no comment, he asked her a few more questions and she simply said no comment.  he then shut up     you can say the same  

same.

n if nots that then its how great pakistan/imran khan/isi etc or the constant injustice against muslims in j&k etc. instead of ignorin him or gettin annoyed, my preference is to immediately start talkin abt sikhi/political issues in panjab. he seems to get bored easily with small conversation n dnt like talkin too much myself but he only tends to listen wiv interest if u keep talkin for the same length of time he does.

hes not completely bad but from the first day it felt like he was tryin to convert. however from the first conversation my approach hasnt really changed. think he gets it now but that doesnt mean he aint gna change his ways.

maybe the op can try somethin like this too. or jus completely ignore her n switch off weneva she brings it up/starts talkin abt it.

Guest Sat_Kaur
On 10/2/2019 at 7:18 PM, puzzled said:

I am confused. If Guru's were God, than the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji too is God? I am sorry, but how can the writtings of islamic people, like Bhagath Kabeer and Farid be God? Didn't Guru Gobind Sikgh Ji say ""Those who call me God, will fall into the deep pit of hell"?

8 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

same.

n if nots that then its how great pakistan/imran khan/isi etc or the constant injustice against muslims in j&k etc. instead of ignorin him or gettin annoyed, my preference is to immediately start talkin abt sikhi/political issues in panjab. he seems to get bored easily with small conversation n dnt like talkin too much myself but he only tends to listen wiv interest if u keep talkin for the same length of time he does.

hes not completely bad but from the first day it felt like he was tryin to convert. however from the first conversation my approach hasnt really changed. think he gets it now but that doesnt mean he aint gna change his ways.

maybe the op can try somethin like this too. or jus completely ignore her n switch off weneva she brings it up/starts talkin abt it.

Yh  muslims aren't interested in hearing about political issues in other communities    they only love banging on about their own problems   in their eyes injustice against a Muslim is a lot greater than injustice against a non muslim, Muslim problems are more important than non muslim problems and that's how they expect everyone else to see it. In their eyes a muslims suffering is greater than a non muslims suffering.  That's why they are ignorant to the political problems that other communities face       they have this self importance

On 10/1/2019 at 2:18 PM, Guest Sat_Kaur said:

WGK-WGF

I work in retail management for the last couple of years, and from the first day, my supervisor who happened to be a Christian Missionary, been harassing me to go to church services. Even telling me how, some Sikhi people are attending their masses and Bible Study circles. She even went to India with her missionary family, who are originally from Texas to spread their religion. But now, she's reading the kuran, stopped going to church and even talking to me about islamic stuff. She knows I am a Sikh but how do I politely tell her to go away! She kept asking me how our Guru's be God, because apparently there is a video on YouTube, by Basics of Sikhi where Bhai Jugraj says Sikhs should worship the Gurus because they are God's. I just ignore her, but I never knew this is part of Sikhi? Is it true?

May be someone could give me some advice about how to talk to such people.

Tell her that we are All God..the Ocean is in the drop and the drop is in the Ocean. 

All is Truth. Read Gurbani and undertsand it, ask God for guidance. 

First we need to discover who we Truly are and detach. And when you have, teaching others out of Maya will be easy. 

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yh  muslims aren't interested in hearing about political issues in other communities    they only love banging on about their own problems   in their eyes injustice against a Muslim is a lot greater than injustice against a non muslim, Muslim problems are more important than non muslim problems and that's how they expect everyone else to see it. In their eyes a muslims suffering is greater than a non muslims suffering.  That's why they are ignorant to the political problems that other communities face       they have this self importance

Would you view Sikh suffering greater then Muslim suffering? 

When you donate to charity would you donate to Sikh or Muslim Charity. 

The fact is everyone is biased for their own faith. 

Hindus care and Hindus

Christians care about Christians

Why should Muslims not care about their own people more? Is not human nature.

Guest Empathy
11 hours ago, puzzled said:

Thanks Puzzled for informing me that I am not interested in hearing about political issues in other communities. Would I be entertaining your ill-informed views if that were the case?

Neither I, nor my friends, nor my family EVER 'bang on' about our own problems. We realise how tremendously blessed we are not to be living in any Muslim or non-Muslim part of the world where food and shelter are not taken for granted, and we would never insult the integrity of people who go without to call our minor distractions 'problems'.

If you had ever seen true suffering, you would know that its effects scream out to anybody with ears – that includes us, Muslims. I couldn't ignore a person suffering any more than you could. I hope in my heart that you do far more than I can to alleviate other people's suffering because that would at the very least assure me that you never walk past a person who stretches their hand out to you.

The self-importance that Muslims have is no more an issue of self esteem that people, Sikhs included (if this forum is to be believed), claim for themselves (rightfully, or wrongfully) when they are confident of the path they have chosen. That's actually a woeful interpretation of God's blessing to us. It's His religion that is great, not we the people who follow.

To bring some balance to your views on Muslims; I don't doubt that the Muslims you know, or 'debate' with are lacking in humility. I suggest that it's the nature of your encounters with them that prompts their expressions of self-importance. Good on you if you retain some decorum about your own beliefs when challenged by them. 

The Qur'an tells us that justice is above one's kin. Therefore, in the pursuit of justice, in the struggle to combat injustice, nobody's pain and suffering can be overlooked.

52 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Would you view Sikh suffering greater then Muslim suffering? 

When you donate to charity would you donate to Sikh or Muslim Charity. 

The fact is everyone is biased for their own faith. 

Hindus care and Hindus

Christians care about Christians

Why should Muslims not care about their own people more? Is not human nature.

according to sharia law non muslims should pay tax for living in a muslim country  jizya       sikhs and hindus had to pay tax to the mughal darbar     when you start seeing other communities so differently that they have to pay tax for being non muslims then that is barbaric.

thats how skewed the muslim vision is      then people wonder why muslims treat non muslims the way they do    their own islamic laws tell them that there is a difference.