How long has the word hindustan been in use?

that word was created by the foreign muslim invaders. The mughals definitely used it but im not sure if the delhi sultanates used. 

I think the word Hindu as in the religion came from the word hindustan. at one point hindu was used for all indians regardless of religion but later it was used for non muslim indians, then when the british came it was used for tor the practitioners of the "hindu" faith as we know it today.  During the time of the mughals i dont think Hindus considered dalits or lower castes as hindus, Among hindus only the higher castes were hindus and the rest were dalits  but for the mughals all kafirs were hindus lol  

its the flexibility of the word "hindu" that hindus take advantage of and include sikhs when it suits them     

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

that word was created by the foreign muslim invaders. The mughals definitely used it but im not sure if the delhi sultanates used. 

I think the word Hindu as in the religion came from the word hindustan. at one point hindu was used for all indians regardless of religion but later it was used for non muslim indians, then when the british came it was used for tor the practitioners of the "hindu" faith as we know it today.  During the time of the mughals i dont think Hindus considered dalits or lower castes as hindus, Among hindus only the higher castes were hindus and the rest were dalits  but for the mughals all kafirs were hindus lol  

its the flexibility of the word "hindu" that hindus take advantage of and include sikhs when it suits them     

Shukria Veer Ji for the answer. I came across it in Bani and was confused because I thought it was a product of partition. 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:35 PM, puzzled said:

The word Hindustan has been an issue since 1947. By the way, the word Hindustan does come up in Gurbani