Need help with translation

nav88

35 minutes ago, nav88 said:

Hi I am looking for help with translation for the following text from Mukat Marg Granth.

Could someone help please.

image.png.16085da8f4a9e0aa413c1511591e7de3.png

It says the third method or solution for "giras rog - ਗਿਰਸ ਰੋਗ" is to do a Sampat Paath of the shabad given. I have no idea what type of illness this is or what the following lines after the shabad are saying exactly. @dallysingh101 can probably help you. Anyway this is the shabad:

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Soraṯẖ mėhlā 5.
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਦੂਖ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ਸੂਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਧਾਰੈ ॥
Janam janam ke ḏūkẖ nivārai sūkā man saḏẖārai.
He dispels the pains of countless incarnations, and lends support to the dry and shriveled mind.

ਦਰਸਨੁ ਭੇਟਤ ਹੋਤ ਨਿਹਾਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥੧॥
Ḏarsan bẖetaṯ hoṯ nihālā har kā nām bīcẖārai. ||1||
Beholding the Blessed Vision of His Darshan, one is enraptured, contemplating the Name of the Lord. ||1||

ਮੇਰਾ ਬੈਦੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਵਿੰਦਾ ॥
Merā baiḏ gurū govinḏā.
My physician is the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਦੇਵੈ ਕਾਟੈ ਜਮ ਕੀ ਫੰਧਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Har har nām a▫ukẖaḏẖ mukẖ ḏevai kātai jam kī fanḏẖā. ||1|| rahā▫o.
He places the medicine of the Naam into my mouth, and cuts away the noose of Death. ||1||Pause||

ਸਮਰਥ ਪੁਰਖ ਪੂਰਨ ਬਿਧਾਤੇ ਆਪੇ ਕਰਣੈਹਾਰਾ ॥
Samrath purakẖ pūran biḏẖāṯe āpe karnaihārā.
He is the all-powerful, Perfect Lord, the Architect of Destiny; He Himself is the Doer of deeds.

ਅਪੁਨਾ ਦਾਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਉਬਾਰਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮ ਅਧਾਰਾ ॥੨॥੬॥੩੪॥
Apunā ḏās har āp ubāri▫ā Nānak nām aḏẖārā. ||2||6||34||
The Lord Himself saves His slave; Nanak takes the Support of the Naam. ||2||6||34||

• 1 month later...
Guest Arvinder

Giras-rog is not a particular type of rog, instead the bidhi says about rog-grast, which means if someone is sick or unwell in general. This third bidhi of sampat paath is very powerful tool for healing the disease, but unfortunately, the published book has misleading bidhi and also missing its sampat shabad. I always refer back to the original-artifact while I read the published copy. Thankfully, the scanned image of the original granth is available in the Panjab Digital Library (http://panjabdigilib.org) website. In search-bar look for the word "mukat". The first result is Mukat Marag Granth and this bidhi is on the 13th page. There can be a little issue reading this granth because it is in ladivar/continuous gurmukhi, but still it is not that hard to understand.

The bidhi says:
Triti bidh| Je RogGrasat Hoi To Etta Sampat Kar Path Kare "Dukh Rog Binse Bhai Bharma, Sadh Naam Nirmal Take Karma" (This is the second last Tuk in Sri Sukhmani Sahib). Etta Shabad Shabad Per Sampat Deve| Punah Bhog Ante "Sorath Mahla 5 Janam Janam K Dukh Nivare" Kusa(Type of grass) Ki Murat Guru Ki Banave| Eh Mantra Padke Us Murat Ko Sinche // 108 Praat(Ladies use prat to dough atta) mai Bitha Kar ke Ve Jal Shrir Pe Sinche| Rogi Ko Arogta Hoi| Purbokat Kare Ante.

Sounds like: First of all, complete Sri Akhand Paath sahib with sampat of "Dukh Rog Binse Bhai Bharma, Sadh Naam Nirmal Take Karma" on every shabad. After completion, make Guru ji's murat of Kusha grass, place HIM in a praat and pour water on HIM 108 times while repeating the Sorath Mahla 5 shabad "Janam Janam K dukh Nivare" (whole shabad mentioned by @MrDoaba). Then pour the water (collected in praat) on the body of the sick person. Consulting the bidhi with a knowledgeable gurmukh is always good.

For the sampat Akhand paaths, the best way I think is to have it done in Nanaksar gurudwara/ or at home by Nanaksar-paathis and tell them what shabad you want to use for sampat. Nanaksar has the ritual of the sampat paths, so, they know the complete Maryada. The rest of the process with the Guru Murat made of Kusha grass (or tasks specific to a particular sampat path) can be completed with the consultation of pathis by showing them the original bidhi.

In general, if we do not get any outside help for using the bidhis, or if people laugh at it, we should not afraid of using this treasure ourself and keep in mind that Guru ji made it for us only. Rather then doing nothing, it is always better to try, learn from mistakes and progress and clean the way for others who follow so they can benefit from Gurbani. Guru ji is allknowing, always forgiving and always shows us the right way so we do not need to hesitate from using these bidhis. We should proceed with full confidence on our Guru who is God himself. Many times I have heard people saying we do so many paths, donations, etc and our problems are still standing. Maybe we do not know the right way to fix the problems. This granth has countless solutions to all the problems and much more in Guru Ji's own words. We really need to dig in this direction with full faith.

Bhul chuk lai mafi

Bidh3.jpg

Bidh3 marked.jpg

Guest Arvinder

For some reason a word was replaced by double slash(some javascript issue), I corrected it below.

Eh Mantra Padke Us Murat Ko Sinche // 108 Praat(Ladies use prat to dough atta) mai Bitha Kar ke

Eh Mantra Padke Us Murat Ko Sinche vaar 108 Praat(Ladies use prat to dough atta) mai Bitha Kar ke