Horrifying "minor" differences in modern baani of Sukhmani and that in Maharani's pothi sahib

There is also another system called Pingal, only a few rare scholars know about it. Since Gurbani is poetry, it follows styles such as Chant, Solok, Dohira, etc. These systems have a sent count of Lagamatras (vovels) to be used in each stanza.

I so far have not been able to do much research into this as there is much if any information on this. I know it is used a lot in modern Punjabi music, but I do not know if the same Pingal system can be applied to Gurbani or if Guru Sahib has created his own.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

Doesn't matter if the birh is from Hazur Sahib or from some other historical location, the authenticity of the birh is determined by the accuracy of the Gurbani in the birh itself.

but how will you determine the authenticity of a bir if you don't even know which one is the most pristine of them 

Just now, AjeetSingh2019 said:

but how will you determine the authenticity of a bir if you don't even know which one is the most pristine of them 

This was already done, and the Birhs were stored in the Sikh Reference Library (which housed one of the most Shudh birhs) for vidhvaans to research. Sadly it was gone after 1984.

26 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

This was already done, and the Birhs were stored in the Sikh Reference Library (which housed one of the most Shudh birhs) for vidhvaans to research. Sadly it was gone after 1984.

big paap india earned. 

so can we do the shuddhi again ??

can u please tell where the major differences are in all of these birs ?

19 hours ago, FreshMind13 said:

There is no original saroop sadly.

This right here is a statement made without any evidence.   It's one person talking out of his you know what.  Credibility will only be assigned to such statements if they can provide evidence.  Has he examined all saroops or know where all saroops are?  No! Yet he makes a huge statement.   This is the ego of a man.  When you don't know,  you get scared and may look unintelligent if you make statements of saying, I dont know. The correct statement would be, I dont know if we have an original saroop written by Guru Sahib or by  a Gursikh scribe as Guru sahib says the Bani or a hand written saroop of the original saroop. But this much humanity and humility doesn't lie in these type of people.  They like making stupid comments because their ego cant fall. Hes trying to cover his tracks.  In doing so, he made a huge mistake.   

15 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

This right here is a statement made without any evidence.   It's one person talking out of his you know what.  Credibility will only be assigned to such statements if they can provide evidence.  Has he examined all saroops or know where all saroops are?  No! Yet he makes a huge statement.   This is the ego of a man.  When you don't know,  you get scared and may look unintelligent if you make statements of saying, I dont know. The correct statement would be, I dont know if we have an original saroop written by Guru Sahib or by  a Gursikh scribe as Guru sahib says the Bani or a hand written saroop of the original saroop. But this much humanity and humility doesn't lie in these type of people.  They like making stupid comments because their ego cant fall. Hes trying to cover his tracks.  In doing so, he made a huge mistake.   

If aap ji knows of such a saroop we can call original, I do ardaas to Guru Sahib to have Darshan of this saroop.

Otherwise, I will follow what Panthic scholars say on the matter.

7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Brother man...

One I think you mean pride, not ego. We're all sick with ego. 

Two I don't find the information he shared to be offensive,  but your demeanor friend...you're the type of dude you accuse him of being. Class it up brother. You struggling in life so hard you gotta come share your hatorade here all the time?

Sit down b, be humble.