Kurds abandoned after fighting ISIS

dallysingh101

Now getting back to the topic.

The Kurds are in 4 countries: Syria, Turkey,  Iran and Iraq and have substantial populations in those countries.

Turkey has s very large Kurdish population and they are the majority in SE Turkey.

Erdogan feels threatened because this restive part of Turkey can break away to form their own nation.

The fact that having a semi-independent Kurdish country in Iraq and Syria threatens Erdogan because they will galvanise and support Kurds in Turkey.

He is doing what he thinks can do to keep his country and power together. 

11 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The Juts are in many different professions today both blue collar and white collar.

The Juts in the UK came before the Kenyans and were doing a lot of hard physical work.

You obviously don't know much about the other diasporas. In the US, Canada the Sikhs are involved in trucking and farming and gas stationing. It might not be white collar work but it can be quite lucrative, not my cup of tea but fair play to them.

Sikh of Jat background have been in these places for over 100 years. They are landowners and quite successful.

I got a relative in Australia who went from Punjab and started a trucking business. He's on good money, got several trucks and has a nice property portfolio. 

There is a Sikh community in Australia that has been around for over 100 years and they are predominantly Jats. 

Shame your adversary Jagsaw isn't around. 

The Juts in the UK came before the Kenyans - course they did, but they need an African sikh from Dar es salaam (Giani Amolak singh) to help them get the havelock road gurudwara

hard physical work - cleaning and working in a rubber factory and foundries - yes real hard work, so hard it was an excuse to go patit, then blame the indian govt when it suits them

There is a Sikh community in Australia that has been around for over 100 years - maybe they could establish Khalistan or jattistan over there

On 10/10/2019 at 10:49 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

There is a Sikh community in Australia that has been around for over 100 years and they are predominantly Jats. 

My great grandfather and great great grandfather from my mothers side (nanis father and grandfather) were in australia back in the 1920s possibly ever earlier.  I used to think it was Austria but my mum told me its was Australia lol.  They owned a farm there. But my great grandfather had a car accident and died some point in the 1930/40s. They even owned a car all the way back then. I dont even think it was common for your average white folks to own a car back in those days let alone a brown guy in a white country.  My great grandmother (his wife) received a letter saying he died in a car accident and that they found his body and crashed car on the road side   and that they did his funeral. He was in the army but dont know much about it, he was born in India and taken to Australia as a baby by his father( my great great grandfather)   other than that we dont know much about him, he only visited india once to get married and then went back. My nani (his daughter) was born after and never met him.  As for my great great grandfather  we dont know anything about him or when he died. 

I recently found a photo of him on a Facebook page about indian history in Australia!  Hes 6 yrs old and standing next to his father   we got the same copy of the photo at home.    I'm guessing the photo is from the early 1920s as he is 6 yrs old and my nani was born in the 1930s ... 

This is them    they look dapper in their suits and paghs lol 

https://m.facebook.com/australianindianhistory/photos/a.1592779084138355/1974532965962963/?type=3&source=54&ref=page_internal

9 hours ago, puzzled said:

My great grandfather and great great grandfather from my mothers side (nanis father and grandfather) were in australia back in the 1920s possibly ever earlier.  I used to think it was Austria but my mum told me its was Australia lol.  They owned a farm there. But my great grandfather had a car accident and died some point in the 1930/40s. They even owned a car all the way back then. I dont even think it was common for your average white folks to own a car back in those days let alone a brown guy in a white country.  My great grandmother (his wife) received a letter saying he died in a car accident and that they found his body and crashed car on the road side   and that they did his funeral. He was in the army but dont know much about it, he was born in India and taken to Australia as a baby by his father( my great great grandfather)   other than that we dont know much about him, he only visited india once to get married and then went back. My nani (his daughter) was born after and never met him.  As for my great great grandfather  we dont know anything about him or when he died. 

I recently found a photo of him on a Facebook page about indian history in Australia!  Hes 6 yrs old and standing next to his father   we got the same copy of the photo at home.    I'm guessing the photo is from the early 1920s as he is 6 yrs old and my nani was born in the 1930s ... 

This is them    they look dapper in their suits and paghs lol 

https://m.facebook.com/australianindianhistory/photos/a.1592779084138355/1974532965962963/?type=3&source=54&ref=page_internal

Great photo.

Our people always had a great sense of adventure, always pioneered. 

That is what Sikhs of non-Jat background find hard to grasp about Sikhs from a Jat background.

We all take different things out of Sikhi. Sikhi teaches to us to be in chardikala, to go with boldness and if there is anything that Jats have taken from Sikhi it is definitely that aspect. 

For all our uncouth, rustic ways, we tend not to overthink and just go out and do.

As the goreh say ,"Nothing ventured nothing gained" or "who dares wins" or "Enter the action with boldness"

12 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Great photo.

Our people always had a great sense of adventure, always pioneered. 

That is what Sikhs of non-Jat background find hard to grasp about Sikhs from a Jat background.

We all take different things out of Sikhi. Sikhi teaches to us to be in chardikala, to go with boldness and if there is anything that Jats have taken from Sikhi it is definitely that aspect. 

For all our uncouth, rustic ways, we tend not to overthink and just go out and do.

As the goreh say ,"Nothing ventured nothing gained" or "who dares wins" or "Enter the action with boldness"

I think you've got a typical tendency to gloss over everything in some simple minded fashion.

The community being able to protect itself, and make shrewd decisions in this department isn't a small topic. That is inbuilt into Sikhi too. This isn't only some economic opportunity for farmers. 

Plenty of other communities have gone out and started communities abroad too like the Chinese, even Bengalis and Somalis. And certain Sikh subsections not subjugating themselves to firenghees in foreign wars of the past en masse is as much about their own ability to have a sustained income through skills (that they spread to juts in the UK as well remember), as well as their social and political intelligence (which goray clearly feared and still fear  (we have it on record that goray considered juts to be docile and slow- and I'm not saying this to insult, just to give you the facts). Many Sikhs (of all backgrounds) might have been more inclined to have aligned themselves to the ideas of say Bhai Maharaj Singh, than some brit recruitment officer. We know press ganging occurred in Panjab. We know lambardaars etc. were seriously pressured into finding recruits for goray (with the threat of loss of position and income if they failed). So stop romanticising the past.  We got used, and just because Sikhs in general (and not just peasant ones) can usually land on their feet after tumult, doesn't mean that we should ignore who and what has put us into a mess in the first place. It's like Bhai Gurdas ji said (to paraphrase):

Just because we've somehow managed to fall out of a tree without being hurt, doesn't mean that we should start jumping out of them. 

We've had a good few times when our quom been caught out badly. Partition being the worst (which was even more of a gallughara than the wuddha gallughara). 84 in delhi.

You (all of the panth) NEED to start thinking a bit more. 

That's pendu stupidity, to enter another quoms wars in foreign land like mungos, and then completely miss the ball in your own backyard. If you can't keep your own community secure and feel doing other quom's dirty work for them is a better idea - even to the cost of Sikh life, stop making out like you're some sort of leaders. Some of the reasons many of your forefathers were patronised by goray in the past were because they were considered easy to control and considered less intelligent than others - and desperate too, we all know farming can be precarious business for natural reasons. Those sepoy wages were small. That's reality.

And don't even try to make out like you even have a remote chance of seeing things with any clarity, let alone impartiality, given your family is very likely to have been on the receiving end of hardcore propaganda for centuries now (and I'm not blaming you for this). So I'm not surprised that you talk in your master's voice. 

Like I said, these are strong words - but really important right now - for our whole community. We don't know where all the political buckwaas of today is heading. If people are going to prance about in other people's affairs/wars - don't affiliate it to Sikhi - and don't let the goray with their hands on your leash do it either. If goray are going to try and mass-manipulate us politically again in future - and the past is anything to go by - it will be via juts. 

In our recent past there has been a strain of political/military naivety from within that has seriously been detrimental to us as a community.  I posted this thread about Kurds to remind us about that. Let's be realistic. This Kurd example illustrates just how easily so called 'alliances' can break up when it suits the more powerful and/or devious elements within these so called 'alliances'. That's such an important point for the panth in relation to its recent past and 'allies', as well as what might happen in future. 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think you've got a typical tendency to gloss over everything in some simple minded fashion.

The community being able to protect itself, and make shrewd decisions in this department isn't a small topic. That is inbuilt into Sikhi too. This isn't only some economic opportunity for farmers. 

Plenty of other communities have gone out and started communities abroad too like the Chinese, even Bengalis and Somalis. And certain Sikh subsections not subjugating themselves to firenghees in foreign wars of the past en masse is as much about their own ability to have a sustained income through skills (that they spread to juts in the UK as well remember), as well as their social and political intelligence (which goray clearly feared and still fear  (we have it on record that goray considered juts to be docile and slow- and I'm not saying this to insult, just to give you the facts). Many Sikhs (of all backgrounds) might have been more inclined to have aligned themselves to the ideas of say Bhai Maharaj Singh, than some brit recruitment officer. We know press ganging occurred in Panjab. We know lambardaars etc. were seriously pressured into finding recruits for goray (with the threat of loss of position and income if they failed). So stop romanticising the past.  We got used, and just because Sikhs in general (and not just peasant ones) can usually land on their feet after tumult, doesn't mean that we should ignore who and what has put us into a mess in the first place. It's like Bhai Gurdas ji said (to paraphrase):

Just because we've somehow managed to fall out of a tree without being hurt, doesn't mean that we should start jumping out of them. 

We've had a good few times when our quom been caught out badly. Partition being the worst (which was even more of a gallughara than the wuddha gallughara). 84 in delhi.

You (all of the panth) NEED to start thinking a bit more. 

That's pendu stupidity, to enter another quoms wars in foreign land like mungos, and then completely miss the ball in your own backyard. If you can't keep your own community secure and feel doing other quom's dirty work for them is a better idea - even to the cost of Sikh life, stop making out like you're some sort of leaders. Some of the reasons many of your forefathers were patronised by goray in the past were because they were considered easy to control and considered less intelligent than others - and desperate too, we all know farming can be precarious business for natural reasons. Those sepoy wages were small. That's reality.

And don't even try to make out like you even have a remote chance of seeing things with any clarity, let alone impartiality, given your family is very likely to have been on the receiving end of hardcore propaganda for centuries now (and I'm not blaming you for this). So I'm not surprised that you talk in your master's voice. 

Like I said, these are strong words - but really important right now - for our whole community. We don't know where all the political buckwaas of today is heading. If people are going to prance about in other people's affairs/wars - don't affiliate it to Sikhi - and don't let the goray with their hands on your leash do it either. If goray are going to try and mass-manipulate us politically again in future - and the past is anything to go by - it will be via juts. 

In our recent past there has been a strain of political/military naivety from within that has seriously been detrimental to us as a community.  I posted this thread about Kurds to remind us about that. Let's be realistic. This Kurd example illustrates just how easily so called 'alliances' can break up when it suits the more powerful and/or devious elements within these so called 'alliances'. That's such an important point for the panth in relation to its recent past and 'allies', as well as what might happen in future. 

No one is glossing over anything. There is a lot of shades of grey, good and bad.

The Kurds thought it was in their interests to ally because they did not want ISIS around in their own back yard. It made sense for them so it is not the same scenario as the Sikhs.

The fact that Syria borders Turkey is going to make it problematic for the Erdogan as it will encourage the Kurds in Turkey.

I think that in long term the Turks are ******. The way Erdogan is going about it, it's only a matter of time before that country is broken up.

Your problem Dally is that you think that anyone who disagrees with you is naive or not clued up. You are quite the pessimist.  You think that everyone is wrong and you are the only one is right.

You have one point of view in your head , you do some research and then try to fit that research into your world view.

You sound a lot like those Extinction Rebellion types.

It's all very well telling everyone to do something but the problem is not ignorance, it's apathy. 

Those "pendus" that you talk about at least try to do stuff.

The difference you and those "pendus" is they take action and they get results.

That is why they get some success and it grates on you.

If you feel so aggrieved when are you going to stick your neck out and take action. Become a counsellor, an MP or community leader. Why don't you do what those "pendu Juts" are doing and represent the Sikhs and guide them on the right path?

3 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Interesting to see how this three turned into another caste based match. Let’s stay focus on Kurds who got abandoned and getting massacred by Turks. Maybe an example for Sikhs as well.

As per usual it is Dally that shifts it to caste in the first place.

He does this with most threads and he is allowed to get away with this by the moderators.

If the moderators pulled their finger out you wouldn't see this happening.

If Sikhs of non Jat background think that Sikhs of Jat background will not respond back with being called "pendu" or "backward" or whatever name calling convention that is created then we will object.

Just because Jats are the majority of the panth does not mean that it is acceptable for the constant ridicule. 

So moderators everytime Dally does shift this discussion to his Jut bashing tirade, I will send you moderators a post and point it out.

If you do not do anything about it then it means you are encouraging this.

7 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Interesting to see how this three turned into another caste based match. Let’s stay focus on Kurds who got abandoned and getting massacred by Turks. Maybe an example for Sikhs as well.

Maybe! Maybe!

We've been through similar Singh. It's about time we faced this truth, instead of still lapping up colonialist propaganda like docile dimwits, decades after the event. That certain members of our community still struggle to grasp this says a lot (and what it says isn't too flattering in terms of intelligence). 

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

As per usual it is Dally that shifts it to caste in the first place.

He does this with most threads and he is allowed to get away with this by the moderators.

If the moderators pulled their finger out you wouldn't see this happening.

If Sikhs of non Jat background think that Sikhs of Jat background will not respond back with being called "pendu" or "backward" or whatever name calling convention that is created then we will object.

Just because Jats are the majority of the panth does not mean that it is acceptable for the constant ridicule. 

So moderators everytime Dally does shift this discussion to his Jut bashing tirade, I will send you moderators a post and point it out.

If you do not do anything about it then it means you are encouraging this.

That's all you have left in the face of serious, relevant points regarding our history and future - crying about your caste.  Like juts haven't been known to try and constantly take the p1ss out of other jaats anyway. Stop being so sensitive. Brush that off your shoulder peasant and focus on the more important stuff for Gawd's sake!

A lot of you people really need this dragging into unpleasant realities because we should all know our lot have a ostrich mentality towards problems, even when they become massive elephants blatantly standing in the corner of the room (like grooming for example). We've had monumental blunders amongst our leadership in our recent past that led to a lot of loss (in terms life, land and material heritage).  People like Ranjeet show me that certain people haven't learnt a thing and would rather hide behind some outdated, brit manufactured caste identity (like a dimwitted 'half devil-half child' of Kipling's imagination) than help the panth bravely face the world for the 21st century, as an independent-minded, self respecting, self reliant community - he seems like he can't think outside of the framework tossed upon the community during our century long period of ghulamy under goray, the impact of which still affects us to today in multiple ways.

And moderators: We've already had stifled debate for a long time in our community. If the forum isn't here for people to discuss relevant, critical issues within the panth, what's the point? The whole nature of such debate is that it will naturally put people's noses out of joint - but that is better than apnay swanning around in dangerous delusions. And from my experience, that's like the only way to get certain people to start thinking a bit. If we just become a forum where people are placidly patting each other on the backs and not facing/exploring critical issues, that'd almost guarantee irrelevance too.  

Going back to the Kurd situation:

What it looks like to me is that Trump is dealing with situation purely as a ruthless businessman and populist politician. He wants to withdraw US troops from a  number of locations,  and if we look at a lot of his foreign policies they seem aimed at minimising any costs to the US and creating disadvantage to potential competition. That's why he doesn't care about the re-emergence of ISIS - he looks like he sees it as advantageous if he can keep them out of the states, and have them causing havoc in Europe (who he sees as competition to the US).

Plus we can't ignore the fact that he may well be compromised (blackmailed) by Russians.   

Goray (and all conscious Sikhs should know this one) seem to (yet again!) think they can switch Islamist fundamentalism on and off like they have a switch. But evidence clearly points at this being a fallacy on their part. They've always managed to create a worse monster to contend with when they do this (like in Afghanistan). 

I think there may well be powerful elements within western governments that want a continuation of the ISIS type havoc in that region. This could be for  a multitude of reasons, like using it to keep their own population in fear and have their minds occupied so that the governments can deflect from their own dirt. so they also benefit from a small number of attacks here (in the UK), because it distracts from them and (they think) temporarily unites the gora populace here. 

I think Turkey has actually been an ally to ISIS. I know they benefited considerably from the oil ISIS was bootlegging when the caliphate was around and probably in a bunch of other ways too.

It's good for Sikhs to have some grasp of what is going on here outside of mainstream narratives because I think lack of education and simple mindedness in the past  led to unlettered apnay jumping into conflicts that did not benefit the community. 

Don't for one minute think that all of these greedy people at play in the global conflicts of the world today (which are really sullay and goray) aren't capable of rapidly creating a WW3 scenario between them. If this happens, we don't want to lose any Sikh life unnecessarily, or aid those who'd stab us in the back the moment they felt it was safe to do so. Time to organise and strengthen ourselves - not others. 

39 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Maybe! Maybe!

We've been through similar Singh. It's about time we faced this truth, instead of still lapping up colonialist propaganda like docile dimwits, decades after the event. That certain members of our community still struggle to grasp this says a lot (and what it says isn't too flattering in terms of intelligence). 

That's all you have left in the face of serious, relevant points regarding our history and future - crying about your caste.  Like juts haven't been known to try and constantly take the p1ss out of other jaats anyway. Stop being so sensitive. Brush that off your shoulder peasant and focus on the more important stuff for Gawd's sake!

A lot of you people really need this dragging into unpleasant realities because we should all know our lot have a ostrich mentality towards problems, even when they become massive elephants blatantly standing in the corner of the room (like grooming for example). We've had monumental blunders amongst our leadership in our recent past that led to a lot of loss (in terms life, land and material heritage).  People like Ranjeet show me that certain people haven't learnt a thing and would rather hide behind some outdated, brit manufactured caste identity (like a dimwitted 'half devil-half child' of Kipling's imagination) than help the panth bravely face the world for the 21st century, as an independent-minded, self respecting, self reliant community - he seems like he can't think outside of the framework tossed upon the community during our century long period of ghulamy under goray, the impact of which still affects us to today in multiple ways.

And moderators: We've already had stifled debate for a long time in our community. If the forum isn't here for people to discuss relevant, critical issues within the panth, what's the point? The whole nature of such debate is that it will naturally put people's noses out of joint - but that is better than apnay swanning around in dangerous delusions. And from my experience, that's like the only way to get certain people to start thinking a bit. If we just become a forum where people are placidly patting each other on the backs and not facing/exploring critical issues, that'd almost guarantee irrelevance too.  

Going back to the Kurd situation:

What it looks like to me is that Trump is dealing with situation purely as a ruthless businessman and populist politician. He wants to withdraw US troops from a  number of locations,  and if we look at a lot of his foreign policies they seem aimed at minimising any costs to the US and creating disadvantage to potential competition. That's why he doesn't care about the re-emergence of ISIS - he looks like he sees it as advantageous if he can keep them out of the states, and have them causing havoc in Europe (who he sees as competition to the US).

Plus we can't ignore the fact that he may well be compromised (blackmailed) by Russians.   

Goray (and all conscious Sikhs should know this one) seem to (yet again!) think they can switch Islamist fundamentalism on and off like they have a switch. But evidence clearly points at this being a fallacy on their part. They've always managed to create a worse monster to contend with when they do this (like in Afghanistan). 

I think there may well be powerful elements within western governments that want a continuation of the ISIS type havoc in that region. This could be for  a multitude of reasons, like using it to keep their own population in fear and have their minds occupied so that the governments can deflect from their own dirt. so they also benefit from a small number of attacks here (in the UK), because it distracts from them and (they think) temporarily unites the gora populace here. 

I think Turkey has actually been an ally to ISIS. I know they benefited considerably from the oil ISIS was bootlegging when the caliphate was around and probably in a bunch of other ways too.

It's good for Sikhs to have some grasp of what is going on here outside of mainstream narratives because I think lack of education and simple mindedness in the past  led to unlettered apnay jumping into conflicts that did not benefit the community. 

Don't for one minute think that all of these greedy people at play in the global conflicts of the world today (which are really sullay and goray) aren't capable of rapidly creating a WW3 scenario between them. If this happens, we don't want to lose any Sikh life unnecessarily, or aid those who'd stab us in the back the moment they felt it was safe to do so. Time to organise and strengthen ourselves - not others. 

You are the one that brings up caste all the time.

I am just responding to what you try to bring up all the time.

After all your bluster here for all these years.

Be the bigger man here, put your money where your mouth is and show some leadership, show us how it's done.

But we know you won't, you are all mouth and no action!