Guest Waheguruji604

Extreme Fear/Scared

Guest Waheguruji604

Hello, 

I am a 34 year old male from Canada. I was brought up in household were my parents believe in radhasoami path. I married my wife who's parents are amrit dhari. I by my own accord do not not believe in the radhasoami path. I have been going to the gurdwara on and off through out my life. I have been going quite often the last month or two. My situation is I am married with two beautiful daughters. I have extreme paranoia and fear of being hurt. I always see the same cars following me or sitting outside my house. In the mornings I feel sick to my stomach with the anxiety and fear of someone try to hurt me or my family. My wife is adamant that it's all in my mind. She dosent believe me and gets frustrated with me. I have been listening to path and trying to do the path I know in my head all day. She says guru ji is with you and everything is written, which you can't change. I have prayed and begged and pleaded for help with waheguru. There has not bee any change in my situation. I just want to know does waheguru have the power to save me and my family. Or do I have to take action myself? I have begged waheguru to show me a path I have cried, I have pleaded. I can't seem to shake the panic and fear of what is going to happen. It's effecting my marriage, my life and I don't know what to do anymore. The panic and fear of death everyday has broken me. No matter how hard I try to listen to path, recite path. It helps me only for a few minutes then the fear takes over. Please help with any in sight you can give me. 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest Singh

Read some kind of rakhiya de shabad or dasam bani like choupai sahib. Put 100% faith in gur-shabad. Guru is always there to protect you 

17 hours ago, Guest Waheguruji604 said:

Hello, 

I am a 34 year old male from Canada. I was brought up in household were my parents believe in radhasoami path. I married my wife who's parents are amrit dhari. I by my own accord do not not believe in the radhasoami path. I have been going to the gurdwara on and off through out my life. I have been going quite often the last month or two. My situation is I am married with two beautiful daughters. I have extreme paranoia and fear of being hurt. I always see the same cars following me or sitting outside my house. In the mornings I feel sick to my stomach with the anxiety and fear of someone try to hurt me or my family. My wife is adamant that it's all in my mind. She dosent believe me and gets frustrated with me. I have been listening to path and trying to do the path I know in my head all day. She says guru ji is with you and everything is written, which you can't change. I have prayed and begged and pleaded for help with waheguru. There has not bee any change in my situation. I just want to know does waheguru have the power to save me and my family. Or do I have to take action myself? I have begged waheguru to show me a path I have cried, I have pleaded. I can't seem to shake the panic and fear of what is going to happen. It's effecting my marriage, my life and I don't know what to do anymore. The panic and fear of death everyday has broken me. No matter how hard I try to listen to path, recite path. It helps me only for a few minutes then the fear takes over. Please help with any in sight you can give me. 

try doing a lot of Chaupai Sahib paats daily that will help with strength of mind and ease anxiety, sukhmani sahib will help change the atmosphere of your home for a peaceful and happy one as your current state of mind is creating anxiety in everyone else too. Personally the Chaupai Sahib helped when I was really being attacked to build my confidence . If you listen to kirtan of 'ja too mere val hai , taan kiya mushanda' also will lift you and also change others attitudes towards you to be more friendly . Keep up with your naam japna

On 10/16/2019 at 4:20 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Paranoia could be sign of mental illness so do see a therapist, doctor or counselor

Keep doing paath as well

Yes.. You need to seek professional help immediately. Don't wait for this to go away. Get help right away. The stuff you're talking about is common in the phycological world. Try different forms of mental health treatments until you find one that works (cognitive behaviour therapy, counselling etc) 

• Like 1

Guest Sat
On 10/16/2019 at 12:27 AM, Guest Waheguruji604 said:

Hello, 

I suffer from a fear of being slandered. Not the same thing but still a fear. And it can become self prophecising. 

You need to see a therapist. I used to have a fear of being mugged or killed or attacked aswell. Start trying to think more positively. Im starting to think more positively about myself and it helps sometimes. Same for your situtation. What will be will be, you need to accept that and stop being so Hyper Vigilant. 

See a therapist, my advice.

Guest Waheguruji604

I have booked a doctors appointment. Thanks for all the advice. 

Guest Singh

Are you on any medications. sometimes they can cause these types of side effects

Guest Singh

Did you start off having depression or anxiety and did it lead to this phobias?

Guest Waheguruji604
On 10/20/2019 at 10:35 PM, Guest Singh said:

Did you start off having depression or anxiety and did it lead to this phobias?

My issue has progressed over time I think I may have had some depression. Now it's become panic we're my heart races and every person is starting to look like they are a threat when I'm out in public. The doctor gave me some medcine to cope. I think it's environmental thing not in my mind. I didn't have the greatest life growing up and fell into the wrong crowd, but have been away from that for a long time. Sometimes your past does catch up with you, but living a life of panic and anxiety is worth the death itself. I just have to see what waheguru has written for me, or perhaps take some steps to change my environment. 

Guest Guest_Paapiman
On 10/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, Guest Waheguruji604 said:

My issue has progressed over time I think I may have had some depression. Now it's become panic we're my heart races and every person is starting to look like they are a threat when I'm out in public. The doctor gave me some medcine to cope. I think it's environmental thing not in my mind. I didn't have the greatest life growing up and fell into the wrong crowd, but have been away from that for a long time. Sometimes your past does catch up with you, but living a life of panic and anxiety is worth the death itself. I just have to see what waheguru has written for me, or perhaps take some steps to change my environment. 

In addition to the above tips, you can try the following

- You can try Hypnotherapy/Psychotherapy.

- Please make sure that you take your medications as prescribed by doctor(s).

- You can try music therapy to relax.

- Listen to Kirtan (alone and in sangat) as much as you can. 

- Always keep your mind busy with productive tasks.

- Keep listening to Paath as much as you can. Even when you sleep, keep playing Sri Sukhmani sahib jee da paath at a low volume.

- Read Sri Dasam Gurbani as much as you can. Try doing Jaap of Sri Braham Kavach Sahib (32 times or more on a daily basis).

- Try to do Jaap with your wife.

- Try to talk to a Gurmukh Mahapurakh and explain your situation to him.  

Bhul chuk maaf 

Guest Guest_Paapiman
On 10/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, Guest Waheguruji604 said:

Hello, 

Guest jee,

Where are you based in Canada? In GTA?

Thanks

Guest Sat

Guest Waheguru604... good for you. Glad you’re seeking medical help. 

Meditate, practice mindfulness, avoid the company of bad people as they can cause further psychological trauma. 

Try ray and see the good and positives in the world instead of looking for and noticing negative forms. See the negative forms as smoke, easily puffed away, not really there.