value

Guest jot_singh96.000

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I know this is common thinking but from what I've seen it isn't as cut and dry as that. Some of the people I've met from really conservative, pillar of the community families who've made serious attempts to educate their kids about Sikhi, have turned out with really spoiled, indifferent worldly children who've lived scandalous secret lives behind their families backs. 

If you suffocate your kids and not let them go out then they become bored and turn rebellious.  

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:Some of the people I've met from really conservative, pillar of the community families who've made serious attempts to educate their kids about Sikhi, have turned out with really spoiled, indifferent worldly children who've lived scandalous secret lives behind their families backs. 

I think this comes down to kusangat or bad sangat. Spend enough time in bad company and even a good person can become bad. Add into the mix what hollywood and bollywood portray, what’s in social media etc - they all promote the wrong stuff. Kids will then want to be “normal”, cut their kes, do drugs, get drunk,  have lots of sex etc. They want to live the western lifestyle. 

i would hope that through paath and simran, kids will become toughened against this kusangat. Otherwise how else will kids become Sikhs of the Guru? Sikhi will die out if there no one to keep it going. 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

If you suffocate your kids and not let them go out then they become bored and turn rebellious.  

1 hour ago, Wicked Warrior said:

I think this comes down to kusangat or bad sangat. Spend enough time in bad company and even a good person can become bad. Add into the mix what hollywood and bollywood portray, what’s in social media etc - they all promote the wrong stuff. Kids will then want to be “normal”, cut their kes, do drugs, get drunk,  have lots of sex etc. They want to live the western lifestyle. 

i would hope that through paath and simran, kids will become toughened against this kusangat. Otherwise how else will kids become Sikhs of the Guru? Sikhi will die out if there no one to keep it going. 

I hear you, but I got to say, sometimes it looks like something that is innate in some people. Some of the spoilt 'misbehaviour' can be seen when very young, it just gets worse when older.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, MrDoaba said:

The mother, forgive me for saying, looked typically like a baandri.

that's really mean and unnecessary.  your own drishti is bad in this instance.

On 10/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, Guest jot_singh96.000 said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

ive got a question why dont people value sikhi look at our rich history

am i the only one who finds all these 'historical' animations produced recently offensive?

seriously?  people need a animated or fictional dramatisation to appreciate history?  

that's not history, that's entertainment.

the problem is that people do not care about truth.  

Guest truthurts

theres lots of reasons.

life is too comfortable/easy for some of us. especially in the greedy west.

maya is also far more stronger n powerful than its ever been. livin in the information age means were never content with wat we have. its one of strongest forces stoppin us from realisin this.

more ppl in guru jis times wudve valued sikhi more cuz life was tougher back then. greater widespread poverty, constant foreign invasions, preparation for battles/war, little law n order so more murder/torture/rape unpunished etc. imagine livin in that pain/stress/worry everyday. u wudnt forget the creator. ud be thankful to jus be alive?

wen u live a simple life u make the most of wat u have i.e. value it.

today we have too many gurdware n too many saroop of guru ji n guru granth  inc. online/mobile apps. so were gna take this convenience for granted.

n imo lots of ppl wanna live in duality n conflate western lifestyles wiv eastern culture/traditions which only causes confusion n eventual indifference to wats really important.

On 10/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, Guest jot_singh96.000 said:

Good topic. Then asnwer in short is.

Boredom.

Most individuals between the ages of 8 to 24 find religion boring. Think about it anyone in these age groups. What would they rather do. go to the Gurdwara or go to nandos or some restaurant place with their with their friends? They want to do exciting and fun things. not sit in a gurdwara. Many also cannot appreciate history untill they get older ie in their 30's by the time theyve missed alot. 

Many also dont have faith to begin with so they wont be interested in Sikhism. Its down to people like jagraj singh who could inspire the youngsters with and get them interested in Sikhism.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, Guest jot_singh96.000 said:

Sikhis the path of Truth. Its a way of living, a psychology, to live free of the Bulls*t of maya. 

Maya is ridden with insecurities, jealousy and envy, anger, attachment etc. These things are illusory. Religion is illusory, theres only Truth. 

Sikhi isnt a religion, its just the Truth.. No Hindu and No Muslim, only One, was Nanaks teaching...i.e and hence, no religion. 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:39 PM, Guest guest said:

that's really mean and unnecessary.  your own drishti is bad in this instance.

Well, excuse me for not being 108 Sant Baba Mahapurkh Singh Ji Maharaj Mahapurkhan Wale.

Apni drishti sambaal.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:36 PM, puzzled said:

as shocking as it will sound but  few weeks back i was at the gurdwara reading the hukhamnama and i saw a granny walking past with her grandson who looked around 6 yrs old and as they walked past i heard the boy say "where are my fcking shoes"    i swear down! i was shocked and actually turned around while i was reading the hukhamnama to see who said it. his granny got really embarrassed and saw me looking and kept on saying shhhh to him and he repeated it again a few times.    horrifying!  

all the granny said was shhh     if that was me my mum would have given me the hardest slap in front of everyone 

i actually really appreciate all the slaps i got from my mum as a kid    i really do 

Hitting kids can cause psychological issues in the child. There are other ways of discipline, don’t be so backwards,