Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

Sri Asht Gur Chamatkar

Sri Asht Gur Chamatkar    anyone read this before?  its by Bhai Vir Singh     about guru Angad Dev ji      

anyone know any good books about Guru Angad Dev ji ? .....  

All books by Bhai Veer Singh are worthy of reading. I fact we are very fortunate that a lot of his books are now in audio book format so one can listen to his book while commuting. If you find the narration speed too slow you can always increase the playing speed as I do.

In this way I have listened to books of Bhai Veer Singh Ji and Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. I wish books by Satbir Singh ji would also go audio format since he has written excellent biographies of the Gurus.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Cycling is bad for the Economy Hilarious but true too 😄  Sanjay Thakrar, CEO at Euro Exim Bank Ltd.  got economists thinking when he said :   A cyclist is a disaster for the country's economy  - He does not buy the car & does not take car loan  - Does not buy car insurance  - Does not buy Fuel  - Does not send his car for servicing & repairs  - Does not use paid Parking  - Does not become Obese  - Yes,.....and well, damn it !!  Healthy people are not needed for economy. They do not buy drugs. They do not go to Hospitals & Doctors.  They add nothing to country's GDP.  On the contrary, every new McDonald outlet creates at least 30 jobs - 10 Cardiologists, 10 Dentists, 10 weight loss experts apart from people working in McDonald outlet.  Choose wisely: A Cyclist or a McDonald ?   Worth thinking. 🤔🤔😀😀 PS. walking is even worse. they do not even buy a bicycle.
    • ਰਤਨਾ ਰਤਨ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਬਹੁ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਭਰਿਆ ਰਾਮ ॥ ਜਵਾਹਿਰਾਤ ਉਤੇ ਜਵਾਹਿਰਾਤ ਦੀ ਦੌਲਤ ਨਾਲ ਵੱਡਾ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਪਰੀਪੂਰਨ ਹੈ। The great ocean is full of the treasures of jewels upon jewels.   ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਲਾਗੇ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਥਿ ਚੜਿਆ ਰਾਮ ॥ ਜੋ ਰੱਬੀ ਕਲਾਮ ਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ। Those who are committed to the Word of the Guru's Bani, see them come into their hands.   ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਲਾਗੇ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਥਿ ਚੜਿਆ ਨਿਰਮੋਲਕੁ ਰਤਨੁ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਅਮੋਲਕ ਤੇ ਲਾਸਾਨੀ ਜਵੇਹਰ (ਨਾਮ) ਨੂੰ ਪਾ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ। This priceless, incomparable jewel comes into the hands of those who are committed to the Word of the Guru's Bani.   ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਤੋਲਕੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇਰੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਭਰੇ ਭੰਡਾਰਾ ॥ ਜੋ, ਹੇ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਸੁਆਮੀ! ਤੇਰੇ ਅਮਾਪ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨੇ ਤੇਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੇਮਮਈ ਸੇਵਾ ਨਾਲ ਪਰੀਪੂਰਨ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ। They obtain the immeasurable Name of the Lord, Har, Har; their treasure is overflowing with devotional worship.   ਸਮੁੰਦੁ ਵਿਰੋਲਿ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਹਮ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਇਕ ਵਸਤੁ ਅਨੂਪ ਦਿਖਾਈ ॥ ਮੈਂ ਦੇਹਿ ਸਮੁਖ਼ੰਦਰ ਨੂੰ ਰਿੜਕਿਆ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਮੈਂ ਇੱਕ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਚੀਜ਼ ਨਜਰੀਂ ਪੈਂਦੀ ਤੱਕੀ ਹੈ। I have churned the ocean of the body, and I have seen the incomparable thing come into view.   ਗੁਰ ਗੋਵਿੰਦੁ ਗਦ਼ਵਿੰਦੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਭੇਦੁ ਨ ਭਾਈ ॥੪॥੧॥੮॥ ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ, ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਦੋਨਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੋਈ ਫਰਕ ਨਹੀਂ, ਮੇਰੇ ਵੀਰ। The Guru is God, and God is the Guru, O Nanak; there is no difference between the two, O Siblings of Destiny. ||4||1||8||
    • i liked the movie! it was beautifully made imo.   they covered Guru Nanak ji not wanting to where the bhaman thread and not worshiping at jagganath mandir because of the idol and the kazi accusing guru ji of being a kafir,  and guru ji being against caste with bhai lalo and malik bhago etc  theres only so little you can cover in a 2 hr movie.       in future if they make similar movies they should get singhs to play the sikh characters. 
    • watched this video and can see why Guru ji didn't want us to join in eating this way, it has somepoints worth considering but I wouldn't take it too far like current idiots in  India who want to ethnic cleanse.  
    • I watched ages back and left it feeling disappointed because it didn't cover major preaching points to HIndus and Muslims  and leave you feeling he was just some baba

Important Information

Terms of Use