• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Rebuild khabran.sikhnerd.com This was an old project where I attempted to have all relevant sikh news and blogs in one place for easy consumption.  I could resurrect this project as I think there is still room on the internet for something like this, though a simple RSS aggregator is likely too simple. Maybe you’d want to build more of a community-style site around the news articles being streamed in, or focus only on positive stories.  Should also add audio/video/etc as well. There are a lot of ways I could make this better and more useful. Sikh Resource Archive Idea of creating a pure and simple online archive of sikh resources. This would be focused on digital collection of everything sikhi-related, with a specific goal of things that are ‘useful’.  Timeline Another idea that I’ve been kicking around for a very long time is to make an awesome interactive timeline of Sikh History, across all sorts of dimensions. As specific as possible, with lot’s of different features and types of data you can access. To give a cool and easy-to-use view of sikh history and gurmat. Something like this or this. The main part of the project would be to consolidate the history into something that can be consumed by software, including lots of metadata, and making it free and open to all. This site is a great starting point and example to follow – it’s also very cool so check it out. Source - http://sikhnerd.com/
    • Well, let's not make too many "offensive" comments. I don't want him to run away...
    • Whelp... that's really..healthy looking... I'm so glad I've drank those. 
    • I watched both episodes and you are right, the drama is not even subtle in promoting the BBC's far left pro-Islam agenda. I have not read the book on which the drama is based so I am not sure how closely it follows the novel or whether the pro-Islam agenda is added by the BBC writers.  The drama subtly reverses the the historic roles that Muslims and Hindus have played. Some gems from the drama. On noting that the Temple is going to be next to the Mosque, a Muslim says with pained emotions..."Yes, but why built it next to the Mosque?" -well as least the Hindus are building it NEXT to and not on TOP of the Mosque as Muslims used to build their Mosque on destroyed Hindu temples.  He also states " Our mosques have been here for centuries" thereby giving the Muslims a historic legitimacy and negating the fact that Hindu temples have been around for thousands of years. The Muslim guy was presented as a naive guy whose family does not follow Islam but even the numbskull Muslim of that time would have known that he was trying to date a Hindu girl as she had a bindi and yet he chose not to reveal his religion to her. He seemed to think that it was of no consequence when the truth is that anyone from that time would have been very conscious of it. I think the BBC may have just revealed the modus operandi of a love jihadi without really meaning to. 
    • That sounds like just the kind of petty thing a Muslim would do. He really does seem like a sad little man.  

Important Information

Terms of Use