What to say on your deathbed?

puzzled

What should a Sikh say on his deathbed?   i was watching this thing on tv about King Henry 8ths wife and before she got executed she asked Jesus to forgive her sins and to accept her soul. Got me thinking what should a Sikh say on his deathbed?    we often don't think about this stuff 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

What should a Sikh say on his deathbed?   i was watching this thing on tv about King Henry 8ths wife and before she got executed she asked Jesus to forgive her sins and to accept her soul. Got me thinking what should a Sikh say on his deathbed?    we often don't think about this stuff 

hopefully we've been training our surat to do naam  jap so automatically Waheguru would be there in our minds ...

My mum works in the hospital and she said when Punjabis are on their deathbed and dying in pain their relatives put a radio on the side and put on Waheguru simran. Sometimes these people take a couple of days or even a week to die! they wail and cry in pain tossing and turning  asking Waheguru to end their  misery but nothing happens!  Sometimes their basically dead but their breath or maybe their soul doesnt leave their body and they are in absolute pain. 

I heard a sakhi about how Baba Bhuda ji prepared to leave the world. He got permission from Guru ji first. Then he asked Guru ji to give him blessings so that he may never be parted from the true Guru. He then went and lay down and passed away. This however is how a great Gursikh... the one who has actually anointed 5 of the guru jis.. would pass away. He had a lot of nimarta and being chosen to actually put the tilak on the Gurus did not affect his mind. He still was in total submission to Guru ji. 

There was once that Guru Har Gobind ji carried the palki which Baba Budha ji was being transported in. Baba Budha ji realised instantly that Guru ji was carrying the palki and he protested. 

After Baba Budha ji left his earthly body Guru Har Gobind ji offered to carry the arthi on which his body was transported.