Millions of men sterilized in India in the 70s

puzzled

She was a disgusting woman corrupt beyond limits   one episode from her reign that is often forgotten is her and her sons sterilization program  where millions of young Indian men were forcefully picked from the streets and sterilized back in the 70s   It was her attempt to control the countries growing population.  why this disgusting woman is celebrated in that country is beyond my understanding!   She committed so many crimes against humanity    she left people with no dignity     the government really have brushed this episode under the carpet     these crimes against humanity should not be forgotten 

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/in-1976-more-than-6-million-men-in-india-were-coerced-into-sterilization

https://qz.com/india/1414774/the-legacy-of-indias-quest-to-sterilise-millions-of-men/

I think we need get past this trope in being in a man's world living in a patriarchy. 

She was power hungry end of.

Women should be judged on their own merits and their own conduct of behaviour and chatacter as individuals .

If I recall her younger son Sanjay Gandhi played a big part in that.

Rumours also suggest that she had her own son killed off as well.

10 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think we need get past this trope in being in a man's world living in a patriarchy. 

Women should be judged on their own merits and their own conduct of behaviour and chatacter as individuals .

i agree women should be judged for their actions alone and nothing else should be taken into account     that is the fair thing to do. 

but   i do think her insecurity of being a woman made her a tyrant   a lot of women like her end up becoming man haters   this sterilization program was a direct attack on men.   her husband sounds like door mat   i think she wore the trousers and man parts in the relationship. 

Yh i heard she got her son killed, i think she disowned sanjay gandhi and didnt like him    apparently the whole plane crash was set up 

sanjay gandhis wife was actually from a sikh family 

Indira was a s1ut   she slept with her fathers male secretary who later told everything to the media   he told the media how indira enjoyed sleeping with him and how she told him she had no idea what real s3x was like until she met him!  no lie!   he even wrote a book about his s3x life with indira     he dumped her after 10 years after he found her in bed with some yoga baba     she did all this while she was married to feroz        

23 hours ago, puzzled said:

I think her insecurity of being a woman in a mans world ruling over a patriarchal society made her do some of these barbaric things  sali chudail.   

she also sterilsed unmarried poor women too , she was just vile all round , even she got Bollywood to sponsor the message and even I remember a couple of films suggesting to get rid of arguments the young step mum would 'sacrifice' her fertility by getting operated on to prove she would treat her stepkids as her own ... sick .'hum do hamare do' was the slogan of these camps

12 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

she was groomed by Nehru to takeover, and similarly she trained up Sanjay who was worse than her thankfully Waheguru removed him from the picture then Rajiv was brought back reluctantly from his playboy life to toe the political path. But his saka Mama Amitabh and Mommy dearest got him there quick enough.

Tagore hated her with a vengence because her badchalan came to the fore when she was kicked out of college for sleeping with her German professor .