Sikh cults?

Guest puzzle555

Guest puzzle555

I've recently come across these "ravidas and nanaksari' people and am a little confused about what religion they are. So I googled some of their places of worship and saw pictures of Sikh Gurus in their hall and some have a Nishan Sahib and some even use the word Gudwara outside the building. 

My suspicions were raised when I watched a video on youtube about them and they don't say Satnaam Waheguru like us they say something else > https://youtu.be/Oihq5qObDtc?t=387 in this video you can also hear their own version Bole Sole Ne Haal. 

I also found a link to this as well where it looks like some real Sikhs took care of business https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_temple_attack

On this Sikh website I use often I found bhagat ravidas ji in the Sikh holy book  https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bhagat_Ravidas 

Im 90% sure nanaksari people are not Sikhs but I am a bit lost with the ravidas lot so can anyone clarify both to me and I'm not too sure about this but if they are not Sikhs can they really use Sikh Guru pictures, Nishaan Sahib flags etc? 

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
25 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Brother, Nirankari not Nanaksar. Also, lets please give respect to Bhagat Ravidas jees name. 

Brother, you need some serious schooling S1ngh. tut tut.  The Nanaksar satsang sabha is a very serious cult. Both the Nanaksar Gurdwara in Richmond, BC and Edmonton, Alberta have a special room with a statue / photo of some bloke that is revered by them and the congregation are supposed to offer money and receive blessings from him. Also, they don't have Nishan sahib in their gurdwara. We once attended a function at the Richmond one and my little one came running to me saying the sevadars were trying to get him and his little cousins to go in a special room with a big photo of a weird looking geezer. And no....it wasn't Big Tera.

On the plus side though....their gurdwara, especially the ones in Canada, do tend to have very well manicured lawns and gardens. Not sure who that special bloke is but I have a feeling he may have been a big horticulturalist. And no.....it isn't Alan Titchmarsh.

Nanaksar Edmonton

image.jpeg.7a4193acf118b9bb30505aa7f9b4b638.jpeg

Nanaksar, Richmond

Image result for nanaksar surrey

image.jpeg.32b4e008e91d717d62c50a3c1812063a.jpeg

Ravidassia are chamars   which is a caste so there are some ravidassias that are Hindus some sikhs and some are ravidassias    ravidassias basically live abroad   they took out bhagat ravidas jis bani from guru granth sahib made it into "amrit bani"   chamars in india are mainly either sikh or hindu    in Punjab they are sikhs while out of Punjab they are hindus.

My nanke pind is a chamar pind and they have a ravidas gurdwara and have guru granth sahib kept inside. In amrit Vela the granthi reads japji sahib out through the speakers   they have nagar kirtans as well.   They have anand karaj and all the other sikh ceremonies. Same with my dads pind but their population is small in my dads pind. In my nanke pind whenever my nanke used to have some event at home around 70% of the guests were ravidassias.

Outside of Punjab they have ravidas mandirs and not gurdware. 

The ones abroad though have separated themselves from sikhs and hindus and created the "ravidassia religion" 

A bit like khatris  somewhere hindus some are sikhs while some are in the middle 

Nanaksar is not a cult, it is a legitimate samparda. However there are many offshoots which use the Nanaksar name and are indeed cultish. Many great Mahapurkhs and Brahmgyanis were from Nanaksar Samparda, truly Gyaan and Sharda da bhandaar. It's a shame people are abusing the name.

Also it's worth noting many Nanaksar "Gurdwaras" are in fact, not Gurdwaras; they are called Thath - ਠਾਠ. These are more akin to ashrams and do not generally operate like regular Gurdwaras and therefore do not have a Nishan Sahib.

Another one to add to the list of Canadian Nanaksar offshoots is Darbar Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in Calagry - I think this is the Bulandpuri one. I believe this is the same group whos main Dera in Punjab currently has the tallest Nishan Sahib. Pretty cultish from what hear.

Ravidassi Gurdwaras are just regular Gurdwaras which are run by the chamaar caste as Puzzled has said. They've in some way made Bhagat Ravidass Ji their patron saint given he was from the caste. Nothing wrong with it imo.

The Jaikaara the OP refers to is: Bole So Nirbhey Sri Guru Ravidass Maharaaj Ki Jai. Most do the normal one too.

But there's also the breakaway Ravidassis who made their own religion. They have shunned Sikhi. I don't know how many of these are in the west tbh.

I was saddened on my last trip to India...was just checking out local pinds and in one of them, I decided to pop into the Ravidassi Gurdwara - there was nothing there, just a picture of Bhagat Ji. I asked an old bibi there what the deal was and she said we don't have Maharaaj Saroop, no Granthi, no nothing. This caste divide has lead to people making their own places of worship on principle but some of them are empty and these people are spiritually deprived....they honestly seemed helpless. I mean even one Sikh could at least just go and do Nitnem with them. Hopefully I'll be able to return there.

Aaanyway, I think OP might actually be a troll....I mean he called Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj "Sikh Holy Book".

And also welcome back Jagsaw Singh.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

???

is Alan Titchmarsh also a devotee?

^ That, my friend, was a reference to this: 

On the plus side though....their gurdwara, especially the ones in Canada, do tend to have very well manicured lawns and gardens. Not sure who that special bloke is but I have a feeling he may have been a big horticulturalist. And no.....it isn't Alan Titchmarsh.

A distinct feature of their Gurdware, especially the ones in Canada, is that they've always got lots of sevadars pottering about in their lovely gardens at the front of the  Gurdwara, trimming the rose bushes, mowing the lawns etc. Horticulture seems to be a big thing for them. And no....Alan Titchmarsh is not a devotee. He's just a <banned word filter activated>.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, MrDoaba said:

I was saddened on my last trip to India...was just checking out local pinds and in one of them, I decided to pop into the Ravidassi Gurdwara - there was nothing there, just a picture of Bhagat Ji. I asked an old bibi there what the deal was and she said we don't have Maharaaj Saroop, no Granthi, no nothing. This caste divide has lead to people making their own places of worship on principle but some of them are empty and these people are spiritually deprived....they honestly seemed helpless. I mean even one Sikh could at least just go and do Nitnem with them. Hopefully I'll be able to return there.

Come on, these guys were driven away by obnoxious, pendu rural caste behaviour. It's such a shame, and then the same group who have driven them out cries about declining demographics in Panjab. That level of stupidity really is remarkable.....  

Aaanyway, I think OP might actually be a troll....I mean he called Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj "Sikh Holy Book". 

I agree. Even the most fudhu of Sikhs I know, knows better than this.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, MrDoaba said:

have you heard about Guru granth sahib jis being removed from a lot of gurdware in the last few yrs, my family are from doaba too. apparently singhs come from amritsar and remove guru granth sahib jis from gurdware that dont follow maryada. My dads pind is on the main road that runs through nawanshahr and on that main road is a gurdwara/jagga  its a jagga but they places guru granth sahib ji there but some singhs came from amritsar on a motorbike and removed guru ji and drove off. They said they taking guru ji because its a jagga not gurdwara,  we have around 5 gurdware in the pind and they didnt take anything from those gurdware.  Theyve done this to a lot of places that dont follow proper maryada.    not that im saying the ravidas gurdwara your talking about has the same case  but it just reminded me 

ravidassias also dont like it when we say bhagat ravidas   they want us to call bhagat ravidas   with guru ravidas    every sikh video you go on about bhagat ravidas the ravidassias get mad in the comments because we dont say guru     its another reason why they split up from sikhs   bhagat ravidas is their guru and above our gurus for them