Why were there 10 Gurus in 'human' form?

Premi5

On 11/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, Premi5 said:

Why is the comparison wrong? 

I am not asking this question as atheist, I am just wondering if there was any reason we had so many Gurus?

Because they were changing more than one aspect of humanity. They did things beyond spirituality. Like built cities, invented musical instruments, started revolutions, turned a conquered ppl into rulers, United many different types of ppl, and traveled many many countries and distances. Like Guru Tegh Bahadur focused on east India. From Nepal to UP (patna). Guru Gobind Singh the mountains area of anandpur and then Hazoor sahib. Guru ramdaas the Amritsar area. 

Did u know each Guru built a city?

Kartarpur, khadoor, Goindwaal, Amritsar etc. They built water sources like wells and baolis, invited skilled workers called kalikaars to adorn and merchants to set up shop. 

Taught sikhs kirtan, weaponry and warfare, how to read and write (invented an alphabet), changed culture( no sati, no evil, widows can remarry) created sikh rituals, wrote Gurbani, fought wars, traveled, taught sikhs the arts and  literature (via calligraphy and dasam granth which has many translation of famous poems and stories of the time), etc

The Gurus did not just want to spread the message but actually wanted to implement it.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, Premi5 said:

Why is the comparison wrong? 

I am not asking this question as atheist, I am just wondering if there was any reason we had so many Gurus?

Read the post above why your comparison was wrong.  Others have spoke to it.

Why are you assuming there are so many?  There wasn't too many and there wasn't too less.  God on the human for ten times as the Guru.  Do you question why Mohammed your prophet had to speak with an angel before becoming "enlightened" Why couldn't he speak directly to God?  I already explained there is one Guru, who took 10 human forms and is currently Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. 

Your question is an atheist view point because it's no different than asking why only one God, why not more?  Why not any? There is no absolute answer to this question because this is what God has ordained and it's either you accept it or follow the false Guru prophet Mohammed and continue to argue over questions that are fruitless.   Which you muslims are notoriously known for.

If you have concrete evidence to say there should have been less or more.  We can continue, otherwise I am not going to waste my time on explaining something that doesn't need to be explained. 

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Because they were changing more than one aspect of humanity. They did things beyond spirituality. Like built cities, invented musical instruments, started revolutions, turned a conquered ppl into rulers, United many different types of ppl, and traveled many many countries and distances. Like Guru Tegh Bahadur focused on east India. From Nepal to UP (patna). Guru Gobind Singh the mountains area of anandpur and then Hazoor sahib. Guru ramdaas the Amritsar area. 

Did u know each Guru built a city?

Kartarpur, khadoor, Goindwaal, Amritsar etc. They built water sources like wells and baolis, invited skilled workers called kalikaars to adorn and merchants to set up shop. 

Taught sikhs kirtan, weaponry and warfare, how to read and write (invented an alphabet), changed culture( no sati, no evil, widows can remarry) created sikh rituals, wrote Gurbani, fought wars, traveled, taught sikhs the arts and  literature (via calligraphy and dasam granth which has many translation of famous poems and stories of the time), etc

The Gurus did not just want to spread the message but actually wanted to implement it.

This is not an answer.  The atheist could just ask.  God is great, so why couldn't he do it in one form or take no form and do it.  When you write answers like these they only show how you have not understood the question.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:35 AM, Akalifauj said:

The comparison is wrong as others have said.  Also Gurbani says there is only one Guru who is Akal Purakh himself.  Maybe read Gurbani and your mind will not travel into atheist thinking.  

not his fault fully , the abrahamic influence on translations and commentaries  is widespread , creating a lens which distorts the purity of sikhi and diminishes the bismaad and bharosa . A perfect omnipresent, omniscient , Akal Purakh is too big for their philiosophy so they have to equate it to  their Flawed view of GOD

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

not his fault fully , the abrahamic influence on translations and commentaries  is widespread , creating a lens which distorts the purity of sikhi and diminishes the bismaad and bharosa . A perfect omnipresent, omniscient , Akal Purakh is too big for their philiosophy so they have to equate it to  their Flawed view of GOD

The Abrahamic viewpoint is very limited. They have a hard time understanding nuances and complexities. 

Not that I'm comparing but it's the same in all the other religions too.  The avatars of vishnu are spread through many incarnations and yugs. Ramayan came a whole yug before the mahabharat came. 

Judaism or the torah was revealed through many prophets and generations. Adam, Noah, abraham, moses,  Joseph then the biblical kings  etc are spread through many generations, all these people spread through many centuries.  Christianity with jesus are a continuation of these prophets, the Quran and islam are continuation of the prophets and jesus. 

All these religions took much longer than sikhi did. 

I don't understand how Islam flows from the previous faiths. Jesus abolished punishments like stoning to death, animal sacrifice, circumcision etc  then islam came and incorporated all these things back again and went back to square one. 

Imo  real christianity is the mystical gnostic teachings which the early church fathers got rid off because they didnt give them any power or give the church any power. 

Same with islam  sufism is pure form of islam   not this radical bs that you see these days.  

Aurangzeb executed many sufis. 

42 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I don't understand how Islam flows from the previous faiths. Jesus abolished punishments like stoning to death, animal sacrifice, circumcision etc  then islam came and incorporated all these things back again and went back to square one. 

Imo  real christianity is the mystical gnostic teachings which the early church fathers got rid off because they didnt give them any power or give the church any power. 

Same with islam  sufism is pure form of islam   not this radical bs that you see these days.  

Aurangzeb executed many sufis. 

Do you think also that all the negative things we hear about the Prophet in Islam are maybe untrue?

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Do you think also that all the negative things we hear about the Prophet in Islam are maybe untrue?

Most of these stories come from the hadiths which were written over a 100 yrs after he died. Muslims see hadiths as 2nd most important scriptures, so if we go by the hadiths then yh most the stories are true!    Like there is one hadith where the prophet pokes the eyes out of a murderer with his thumbs! He then orders his hands and feet to be cut off and leaves him to die in the desert!  Guru nanak dev ji on the other hand made murderers into good humans and sikhs  like kauda. 

The prophet also married his adopted sons wife because he found her attractive. He also had an egyption christian slave girl called Mary who he had a physical relationship with.  In the quran these women are referred to as "what your right hand possesses"  

But Shias and some sufis actually reject the hadiths. 

But then again islam is not the prophet,  its gods revelation to create a relationship with him. 

Gurbani tells us that none of these people were perfect anyway.  Bhrama wrote the veds and did a lot of meditation yet he slept with his own daughter and was very kaami. Theres even a story of how he grew another head so he could look at women from all directions. Bhrama conducted shivas wedding and ejaculated when he saw parvatis feet. 

3 hours ago, Premi5 said:

given that mahapurakhs have seen Mohammed ad Aisha and Guru Gobind Singh ji's verdict on him as failing only because he didn't give naam to the faithful with strength/urgency  it seems that perhaps , the quresh put words into his mouth , I mean they tried to kill his family members who had to flee to India to survive, removed first hand sources, ascribed many saying to him  which allowed them to resume the bloodshed amongst their kin and build empires . Guru ji also said that the faith had become the faith of shaitan .