Premi5

Why were there 10 Gurus in 'human' form?

A simple question but say compared to other religions where there is just one main 'prophet'

Why so many? 

This makes Sikhi very powerful.

Other religions couldn’t make it this far.

Prophet Muhammad had 4 successors (Caliphs).

Jesus had 13 main followers.

Hindus have the Trimurti.

All the Gurus had the Jot of Guru Nanak Dev Jee.

Edited by Dsinghdp

But look at all that beautiful history that took place under the span of the 10 gurus. Its a blessing. Look at the seva that Guru Amar Das ji did for Guru Angad Dev ji  at the age of 70 walking backwards from kadoor sahib to his native village so that he didnt turn his back to the direction Guru Angad Dev ji was sitting. How would we have all this beautiful history if we only had 1 guru

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Premi5 said:

A simple question but say compared to other religions where there is just one main 'prophet'

Why so many? 

because to reveal and nuture the truth in the age of kalyug it needed hammering home -this is a spiritual revolution not just a social and political one , to change the world's future you have to build a solid foundation. There were not so many , there was only ONE ever

23 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Why so many? 

which religions have just one prophet?

Jews have many prophets, which are also shared by Christians and Muslims!

Actually 1 in 12, but hey what do i know.

For people who are confused,  its our 10 Gurus, plus Guru Granth Shahib Ji,  and Dasam Granth ji

Edited by Redoptics

4 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Actually 1 in 12, but hey what do i know.

For people who are confused,  its our 10 Gurus, plus Guru Granth Shahib Ji,  and Dasam Granth ji

You should be teaching semantics at a uni. 😁

On 11/16/2019 at 10:36 AM, Premi5 said:

Why so many? 

The comparison is wrong as others have said.  Also Gurbani says there is only one Guru who is Akal Purakh himself.  Maybe read Gurbani and your mind will not travel into atheist thinking.  

On 11/18/2019 at 2:35 AM, Akalifauj said:

The comparison is wrong as others have said.  Also Gurbani says there is only one Guru who is Akal Purakh himself.  Maybe read Gurbani and your mind will not travel into atheist thinking.  

Why is the comparison wrong? 

I am not asking this question as atheist, I am just wondering if there was any reason we had so many Gurus?

On 11/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, Premi5 said:

I am not asking this question as atheist, I am just wondering if there was any reason we had so many Gurus?

Because they were changing more than one aspect of humanity. They did things beyond spirituality. Like built cities, invented musical instruments, started revolutions, turned a conquered ppl into rulers, United many different types of ppl, and traveled many many countries and distances. Like Guru Tegh Bahadur focused on east India. From Nepal to UP (patna). Guru Gobind Singh the mountains area of anandpur and then Hazoor sahib. Guru ramdaas the Amritsar area. 

Did u know each Guru built a city?

Kartarpur, khadoor, Goindwaal, Amritsar etc. They built water sources like wells and baolis, invited skilled workers called kalikaars to adorn and merchants to set up shop. 

Taught sikhs kirtan, weaponry and warfare, how to read and write (invented an alphabet), changed culture( no sati, no evil, widows can remarry) created sikh rituals, wrote Gurbani, fought wars, traveled, taught sikhs the arts and  literature (via calligraphy and dasam granth which has many translation of famous poems and stories of the time), etc

The Gurus did not just want to spread the message but actually wanted to implement it.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, Premi5 said:

Read the post above why your comparison was wrong.  Others have spoke to it.

Why are you assuming there are so many?  There wasn't too many and there wasn't too less.  God on the human for ten times as the Guru.  Do you question why Mohammed your prophet had to speak with an angel before becoming "enlightened" Why couldn't he speak directly to God?  I already explained there is one Guru, who took 10 human forms and is currently Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. 

Your question is an atheist view point because it's no different than asking why only one God, why not more?  Why not any? There is no absolute answer to this question because this is what God has ordained and it's either you accept it or follow the false Guru prophet Mohammed and continue to argue over questions that are fruitless.   Which you muslims are notoriously known for.

If you have concrete evidence to say there should have been less or more.  We can continue, otherwise I am not going to waste my time on explaining something that doesn't need to be explained. 

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Because they were changing more than one aspect of humanity. They did things beyond spirituality. Like built cities, invented musical instruments, started revolutions, turned a conquered ppl into rulers, United many different types of ppl, and traveled many many countries and distances. Like Guru Tegh Bahadur focused on east India. From Nepal to UP (patna). Guru Gobind Singh the mountains area of anandpur and then Hazoor sahib. Guru ramdaas the Amritsar area. 

Did u know each Guru built a city?

Kartarpur, khadoor, Goindwaal, Amritsar etc. They built water sources like wells and baolis, invited skilled workers called kalikaars to adorn and merchants to set up shop. 

Taught sikhs kirtan, weaponry and warfare, how to read and write (invented an alphabet), changed culture( no sati, no evil, widows can remarry) created sikh rituals, wrote Gurbani, fought wars, traveled, taught sikhs the arts and  literature (via calligraphy and dasam granth which has many translation of famous poems and stories of the time), etc

The Gurus did not just want to spread the message but actually wanted to implement it.

This is not an answer.  The atheist could just ask.  God is great, so why couldn't he do it in one form or take no form and do it.  When you write answers like these they only show how you have not understood the question.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:35 AM, Akalifauj said:

not his fault fully , the abrahamic influence on translations and commentaries  is widespread , creating a lens which distorts the purity of sikhi and diminishes the bismaad and bharosa . A perfect omnipresent, omniscient , Akal Purakh is too big for their philiosophy so they have to equate it to  their Flawed view of GOD

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

not his fault fully , the abrahamic influence on translations and commentaries  is widespread , creating a lens which distorts the purity of sikhi and diminishes the bismaad and bharosa . A perfect omnipresent, omniscient , Akal Purakh is too big for their philiosophy so they have to equate it to  their Flawed view of GOD

The Abrahamic viewpoint is very limited. They have a hard time understanding nuances and complexities.