Punjabi Film Industry/ Bollywood

Big_Tera

Is the Punjabi Film industry good and better then bollywood.  There are good elements of the Punjabi films.  it encourages people to learn and understand punjabi language rather then hindi in bollywood. Also there are no khans and ali's who dominate the the industry that are in the bollywood films.

I have recently watched some punjabi films and they are actually not that bad. They have improved alot since the begining. When punjabi films were low budget and porrly made. But now they have improved alot.

When is the last time you saw a sabat soorat singh as the main character in a Punjabi film?

And I'm not talking about people portraying a religious/dharmic/panthic figure. I'm talking about everyday protagonists.

The fact is, people want to complain a lot of about Bollywood's portrayal of Sikhs, but the Punjabi film industry is just as bad if not worse. All you see is monay and stupid trimmed "Singhs" with barely any facial hair.

People are turning off Bollywood in droves and Punjabi cinema seems to be booming.

What you are seeing is the burgeoning of regional cinema, localism seems to be the priority over the centralised Hindu speaking media.

So much that the Hindi speaking Mumbai Punjabis in the Bollywood film industry have suddenly discovered their Punjabi roots. 

Punjabi movie industry is gd. Many Punjabi movies are really gd. Most Punjabis i know now only watch Punjabi movies and not Hindi movies, even pakistanis watch Punjabi movies. Punjabi movies are cultured and many have a Sikh theme, hindi movies on the other hand is just full of kanjars and kanjris stripping on screen and doing dirty scenes  you can't actually sit with family and watch hindi movies.

Last few yrs there have been many Sikh themed punjabi movies and movies focusing on issues in the punjabi community. The movie Ardas is really gd and is about faith in waheguru and other issues in the punjabi community. Movies like rab da radio, daana pani are really good and about families and breakups.

Some Punjabi film makers are also making art house movies   like anhay gore da daan  which is about poverty in the dalit community and chauti koot about a family caught up between the karkhu singhs and army.    

Punjab 1984 was good really gd for the 1st half but the 2nd half was not that gd!     Shareek was gd too 

5 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

People are turning off Bollywood in droves and Punjabi cinema seems to be booming.

What you are seeing is the burgeoning of regional cinema, localism seems to be the priority over the centralised Hindu speaking media.

So much that the Hindi speaking Mumbai Punjabis in the Bollywood film industry have suddenly discovered their Punjabi roots. 

I think this is due to the big improvement of regional cinema industries. I remember watching punjabi movies 10-15 years ago. They were very inferior to bollywood movies. In terms of story lines, special affects and general quality of production. This was understandable though as Punjabi cinema was just starting to come good and was not well fincanced .Many of the early punjabi films were just about some macho punjabi guy acting like a gangster with big mucha lol. I think those days are gone we are now seeing some good story lines and productions instead of those stereo typical films that were made in the 80's and 90's.

Poeple can relate more to their own cultual language films more then the hindi type nonsence films. That glorify khans and muslims.Punjabi films can promote Sikhism and Punjabi language and do much good for punjab and punjabis by making good moral films to adsress alcohol and other issues affecting us. What we need is better actors, directors and producers to steer punjabi cinema to a bright future.

Maybe it can become a global force? Tamil film industry is huge and they do good at promoting their language, culture and faith.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, Big_Tera said:

I think this is due to the big improvement of regional cinema industries. I remember watching punjabi movies 10-15 years ago. They were very inferior to bollywood movies. In terms of story lines, special affects and general quality of production.

I think this is due to film equipment being available for much cheaper these days.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, Big_Tera said:

it encourages people to learn and understand punjabi language rather then hindi in bollywood.

You're right. To say that they are not all religious movies is besides the point.

The point is people are listening to Punjabi instead of Hindi, etc.

Later on, they can get religious, but they have to know the language first.

9 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I never watch neither punjabi nor hindi movies. I never did even i lived some part of my life in punjab. Huge turn off for me. None of my family members ever liked hindi/punjabi media. They makes no sense. 

Do you watch English movies?

Do you listen to English songs?

Do you watch English TV programmes?

Do they make sense to you?

14 hours ago, BhForce said:

I think this is due to film equipment being available for much cheaper these days.

You're right. To say that they are not all religious movies is besides the point.

The point is people are listening to Punjabi instead of Hindi, etc.

Later on, they can get religious, but they have to know the language first.

Yep I'm not one for the whole movie thing and don't watch slot of them. But if your going to watch a movie once in a while for recreation time. It should be a Punjabi movie. Not Hindi.