Punjabi Film Industry/ Bollywood

Big_Tera

21 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think most of Stephen King's books have been turned into movies. 

I wonder if there is any Punjabi literature can be turned into movies. 

I haven't read any but apparently Punjabi literature from the 50s 60s, 70s etc is really good    the genre for most is realism   books like chita lahu,  mari da diva, kothe kharak singh etc   mari da diva was made into a movie  iv seen it  it stars raj babbar  was a gd movie 

amrita pritams pinjar was made into a hindi movie   was a gd movie!   

anhe ghore da dhaan was based on a novel of the same name.   very unusual movie and very realistic   its about the depressing state of people in punjab  especially the mazbhis   

3 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Not really westernized and very much in touch with original punjabi and sikh culture. We have strict punjabi speaking only rule in my house & six year old can write punjabi well. Anyway, you are making an navie assumptions that a person who does not like punjabi movies/songs are too much westernized or feel inferior than white. People watch movies/tv based on the type of art they like or how their social culture/lifestyle looks like. I don't like hilly billy type of fake movies based on nothing. At same time i don't like ghetto type fast and furious or cheesy movies like la la land etc etc..

Jaswinder bhalla and other old real actor folks are bygone age and they are mostly in movies as grade B/C type supporting actors ? Punjabi movies are made to please the punjabi majority and they are into - cars, materialistic world of show off, go abroad, get kuri, fake ego of culture etc etc. 

Btw, i find harry potter type movies -- okayish but not my style. 

You sound like the kind of guy with his head firmly screwed on. You also dont like Punjabi movies but like English ones. 

Thats why from now on im going to call you Harry Putar.

As you would make a good Punjabi version of Harry Potter. 

Im not saying Punjabi movie industry is perfect. Its far from it. But lets face it our lot a big time movie watchers so might aswell watch punjabi instead of hindi. 

37 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

You sound like the kind of guy with his head firmly screwed on. You also dont like Punjabi movies but like English ones. 

Thats why from now on im going to call you Harry Putar.

As you would make a good Punjabi version of Harry Potter. 

Im not saying Punjabi movie industry is perfect. Its far from it. But lets face it our lot a big time movie watchers so might aswell watch punjabi instead of hindi. 

I think you are taking it in a wrong way and taking it personal for some reason. I am not saying that you are stupid or anything if you are watching punjabi or indian movie. Just saying that everyone has different taste based on their own reasoning. Lets stay civil when interacting with anyone here my brother/sister. ?

2 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I think you are taking it in a wrong way and taking it personal for some reason. I am not saying that you are stupid or anything if you are watching punjabi or indian movie. Just saying that everyone has different taste based on their own reasoning. Lets stay civil when interacting with anyone here my brother/sister. ?

Not all Punjabi movies are as you described. There are some good ones with meaningful plots and storylines. But if you don't like watching Punjabi movies then that is your choice. Continue to watch your English movies such as Hari putar or potter as he is known in the west. 

On 11/23/2019 at 1:03 AM, startingsikh said:

Hindi movies r so repetitive nd filthy.

i pray punjabi entertainment retains its dignity in the coming years.

sache paatsha sare good insaan nu mer karo

Bollywood is all about promoting hindi do language and religion. 

So many of fillable Sikhs watch these movies and get negatively influenced. 

Hindu actress are a discrace. Marrying khan's and converting. 

22 hours ago, puzzled said:

I haven't read any but apparently Punjabi literature from the 50s 60s, 70s etc is really good    the genre for most is realism   books like chita lahu,  mari da diva, kothe kharak singh etc   mari da diva was made into a movie  iv seen it  it stars raj babbar  was a gd movie 

amrita pritams pinjar was made into a hindi movie   was a gd movie!   

anhe ghore da dhaan was based on a novel of the same name.   very unusual movie and very realistic   its about the depressing state of people in punjab  especially the mazbhis   

That was cool man!

I've never seen a Panjabi film like that. I liked the atmospheric filmography. 

I got to say, I found parts hard to understand because of the thick accents. One thing I've realised is that the Panjabi I heard growing up was much more enunciated than this. 

I could get into this type of stuff.

I've got to add: a lot of the brickwork I see in from back is absolutely appalling (to put it mildly), which is surprising because I've seen loads of badass apnay brickies over here?!!??!

On 11/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, dallysingh101 said:

That was cool man!

I've never seen a Panjabi film like that. I liked the atmospheric filmography. 

I got to say, I found parts hard to understand because of the thick accents. One thing I've realised is that the Panjabi I heard growing up was much more enunciated than this. 

I could get into this type of stuff.

I've got to add: a lot of the brickwork I see in from back is absolutely appalling (to put it mildly), which is surprising because I've seen loads of badass apnay brickies over here?!!??!

Chauti koot is by the same director 

I understood most of it apart from a few words. The movie is set in batinda so the dialect is malwai punjabi   

Lol a lot of the old areas in the pinds and cities have walls looking like that. The older they get the more they start leaning sideways lol    we have one outside my nanke house and it's so old and wonky and leaning side ways now lol.  A lot of the old abandoned houses look like that.

We never find out where the girl was going at night   I reckon she was gnna commit suicide. In fact we never know what the characters are doing.

Iv walked around in the pind at  night (not a good idea) and it looks just like that! It can be scary!  Really dark, misty, dogs howling, owls hooting. Especially in winter. 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, Big_Tera said:

Maybe because you have become so westernised. That Punjabi language films don't interest you? Its easy to lose touch with your own culture while growing up in western countries. 

That's not necessarily the case. If you have a strong Punjabi base, you read Punjabi literature in addition to Gurbani, you read Punjabi non-fiction like books and newspapers, watch Punjabi-language news and you listen to katha, I don't think you need to watch Punjabi movies.

However, if you do none of those things, then Punjabi movies are a good starting-off point.