Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest harleen

How do I confess such personal and taboo subjects to the panj piyare for my peshi?

Recommended Posts

Guest harleen

the first time I took Amrit, I was 5 years old. After plenty of mistakes and growing I had taken it again at the age of 12 from pressure (not all of it was bad but some auntiyan were really urging me to just do it even though my family was warning me of all my responsibilities) and just pure desire to want it. It was at a camp and they really motivate you well. I kept it up for a while and ended up doing many wrongful things afterwards. I’ve plucked my eyebrows because I started getting insecure and ashamed, and just some of my facial hair in general after I got judgemental comments even from my own mother who is Amritdhari, I’ve removed a small amount from legs a couple times where my leg was exposed, once even because I childishly wanted to see what a razor feels like (not sure if this was before or after I took it again). But I’ve had my fair share of mess ups. I kissed a boy and once he took Amrit we never did again and are on a better path now where we don’t even see each other in real life. I feel like I have to confess to that and I’m not sure how. The worst one for me is confession removing pubic hair a few times for comfort purposes especially during period a few times. I just can’t find any way to do that so simply. I know I have to confess everything I can remember because if I don’t then I will be punished after I leave this world so I might as confess now and take the tankha especially because I do very much feel guilty for it all. I don’t know what I was thinking. But I’m terrified of how to say all this. Like wording-wise and just bringing it up in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest truth

ull still be punished for ur bad deeds

admittin everythin to manmukhs in the hope of savin urself n havin a more merciful punishment aint gna happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapiman
12 hours ago, Guest harleen said:

the first time I took Amrit, I was 5 years old. After plenty of mistakes and growing I had taken it again at the age of 12 from pressure (not all of it was bad but some auntiyan were really urging me to just do it even though my family was warning me of all my responsibilities) and just pure desire to want it. It was at a camp and they really motivate you well. I kept it up for a while and ended up doing many wrongful things afterwards. I’ve plucked my eyebrows because I started getting insecure and ashamed, and just some of my facial hair in general after I got judgemental comments even from my own mother who is Amritdhari, I’ve removed a small amount from legs a couple times where my leg was exposed, once even because I childishly wanted to see what a razor feels like (not sure if this was before or after I took it again). But I’ve had my fair share of mess ups. I kissed a boy and once he took Amrit we never did again and are on a better path now where we don’t even see each other in real life. I feel like I have to confess to that and I’m not sure how. The worst one for me is confession removing pubic hair a few times for comfort purposes especially during period a few times. I just can’t find any way to do that so simply. I know I have to confess everything I can remember because if I don’t then I will be punished after I leave this world so I might as confess now and take the tankha especially because I do very much feel guilty for it all. I don’t know what I was thinking. But I’m terrified of how to say all this. Like wording-wise and just bringing it up in general. 

wjkk wjkf

Sister, you can just tell Panj Pyare that you did "Kesh Katal" from different parts of the body. IMHO, they should not ask you about the details. It's similar to someone confessing that he or she ate Halal meat. Does it matter which meat (chicken, goat, sheep, etc) was it? 

Kissing a boy is not a cardinal sin, but you should probably confess to that. Just say that you kissed a male. That should be simple.

More importantly, if you feel that you are not completely ready to get Baptized, then you should go talk to a Gurmukh Mahapurakh about your situation. Keep working on your spiritual progress in the meantime. 

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest
On 11/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, Guest guest truth said:

ull still be punished for ur bad deeds

admittin everythin to manmukhs in the hope of savin urself n havin a more merciful punishment aint gna happen

what a horrible and cruel comment.  

and what makes you so sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

hi harleen

how old are you? i think you should have an older female accompany you.  can you confess to female panj only?  it would be easier.

im not amritdhari im not sure how it works.  do you have to confess all your sins?  if so, theres a way of phrasing stuff, so you can make the idea clear without going into actual details.

but don't worry so much.  its nice you have a conscience but the point is not to pyschologically suffer, the point is to feel a little sharam (modesty) and so improve.  don't you read nitnem?  God saves people from their sins/mistakes.  don't worry.  study Gurbani and have faith (confidence) in it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

how old are you? i think you should have an older female accompany you.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Just take your mother.

Or another female from the sangat.

In any case, you just say you cut some hair. It doesn't matter what part of the body because in terms of rehit, it's all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use