Class system in Desi people UK

Big_Tera

5 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

Excellent post.  Brilliantly put together!

My personal view based upon my own interactions with people who live up to these man made classes are as follows:

Upper Class - People born into a system that generally favours them in all walks of life.  They do appreciate people who work hard and generally enjoy breaking free once in while to let off some steam to escape the pressures which they have been groomed for.  Their worst traits are generally ingrained into them as they have very little interaction outside their own class.  Money isn’t really an issue and neither is the need to flash it with these people.

Middle Class - People trying so hard to please the upper class for acceptance.  These people mould into this class over time, generally as the wealth increases.  They distance themselves from their beginnings and start to sound very different.  They think very carefully before stringing a sentence together, just to insure it is made up of big words and more of them to explain what could be said in just a few.  Not much different from Politicians really.  Every purchase these people make is based upon what the Joneses are doing and for how they are perceived in society.  They are not generally rich but have disposable incomes which allows them to mimic the upper classes.  They are probably the most judgemental and possess the worst traits out of all the classes.

Working Class - People of the soil who are generally ‘what you see is what you get’.  Not much mystery with these people, blunt and completely in touch with the ground.  These people can also be the most charitable as well as they understand struggle.  They don’t sound very eloquent but that is not a measure of intelligence, so don’t be fooled by this.  

You mentioned all the classes. but missed out the most important class. What about the the lower class. people who are on the streets. yet you fist focused on the upper class and forgot entirely about the the lower class. Are they not worthy of a mention?

On 11/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, Big_Tera said:

I have always thought of myself as middle class. They way I talk is like a typical Oxford graduate or close to it. I also tend to spend more time with other so called 'middle class asians'

Do Asians fall into class categories and what class do you belong to?

The question I need you to answer is why would you need to open a thread based upon massaging your own ego regarding how far up the ladder you view yourself in the Class system.  The reason why I ask this is because surely know this is a Sikh Forum which promotes Sikh values, Panthic Ekta and hopefully brings people closer to Sikhi.  So why would you brag about your own social status in a Western system, that does the complete opposite by dividing people and makes them egotistical in the process?

Well, well,  well. What have we here?

Last time  I opened my beak to utter a few euphonious english sentences to a bunch of nice people gathered at some function,  a very tall, unusually good looking human being stood up and commented  I speak like the British Royalty.  I am not quite certain what this cute person meant!  Before I could say anything the person started kowtowing execessively in my direction as I walked past him, when I turned back to look again if I was still being kowtowed at,  I was quite impressed to observe that this person proceeded to lick the very ground I had just walked on, a few seconds earlier.  So, I am still wondering if anyone can throw some light on this situation and tell me which class I belong to.   I have two PhDs in "How to Deal with hoity-toity, la-di-da sounding fancypants of the world"  plus one MSc in "The Principles of dysfunctional kooky spooky pinheads" too  .  I also have few more (additional) educational qualifications but the forum is not capacious enough for them.

2 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Last time  I opened my beak to utter a few euphonious english (no capitalisation) sentences to a bunch of nice people gathered at some function,  a very tall, unusually good looking human being stood up and commented  I speak like the British Royalty (misuse of capitalisation).  I am not quite certain what this cute person meant!  Before I could say anything the person started kowtowing execessively (spelling mistake) in my direction as I walked past him, when I turned back to look again if I was still being kowtowed at,  I was quite impressed to observe that this person proceeded to lick the very ground I had just walked on, a few seconds earlier.  So, I am still wondering if anyone can throw some light on this situation and tell me which class I belong to.   I have two PhDs in "How to Deal with hoity-toity, la-di-da sounding fancypants of the world"  plus one MSc in "The Principles of dysfunctional kooky spooky pinheads" too  .  I also have few more (additional) educational qualifications but the forum is not capacious enough for them.

It's a shame you didn't learn how to write in English during your two Phds and your MSc.

Keep trying son. With kirpa you'll get there one day. 

Regarding the question of which class you belong to: In Panjabi I think it's called the 'fudhu bundha class'. I hope that's clarified for you now - and there's no need to thank me for it. It's my pleasure. 

16 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Last time  I opened my beak to utter a few euphonious english sentences to a bunch of nice people gathered at some function,  a very tall, unusually good looking human being stood up and commented  I speak like the British Royalty.  I am not quite certain what this cute person meant!  Before I could say anything the person started kowtowing execessively in my direction as I walked past him, when I turned back to look again if I was still being kowtowed at,  I was quite impressed to observe that this person proceeded to lick the very ground I had just walked on, a few seconds earlier.  So, I am still wondering if anyone can throw some light on this situation and tell me which class I belong to.   I have two PhDs in "How to Deal with hoity-toity, la-di-da sounding fancypants of the world"  plus one MSc in "The Principles of dysfunctional kooky spooky pinheads" too  .  I also have few more (additional) educational qualifications but the forum is not capacious enough for them.

What a screama! You lucky b*st***, good onya mate.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, Big_Tera said:

I have always thought of myself as middle class. They way I talk is like a typical Oxford graduate or close to it. I also tend to spend more time with other so called 'middle class asians'

21 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Last time  I opened my beak to utter a few euphonious english sentences to a bunch of nice people gathered at some function,  a very tall, unusually good looking human being stood up and commented  I speak like the British Royalty.