Punjabi

Dsinghd

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

Some old people can be really snappy and rude, like some of the old people at my gurdwara. The old ladies in the langar kitchen are the worst. when you walk into the langar hall kitchen they stare at you as if you just crossed a marked/sprayed territory that you shouldn't have crossed. 

I understand that their own houses have probably been taken over by their daughter in laws and that they dont have the mukhtiaree that they once probably had but that dont mean they behave as if they own the langar hall. 

Some of these little old ladies are spiteful and vicious 

That is actually quite true. These women live off hate. It's like some kind of energy for them.

Why behave like this in a Gurdwara of all places. Where respect and love should be given. 

It's not only the old women folk though. I've seen some old men act like that to. These people should not be allowed in the Gurdwara if they are going to behave so hostile and rudely. It can actually put off the youngsters from going if they comes across such miserable and rude people. 

7 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

That is actually quite true. These women live off hate. It's like some kind of energy for them.

Why behave like this in a Gurdwara of all places. Where respect and love should be given. 

It's not only the old women folk though. I've seen some old men act like that to. These people should not be allowed in the Gurdwara if they are going to behave so hostile and rudely. It can actually put off the youngsters from going if they comes across such miserable and rude people. 

That is old age for you. They are just grumpy. 

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

I once asked for chaa and the old lady slammed the cup on the table  it even spilt out   that's was her sewa    never asked for anything again!  

Her husband is a pervert and just comes to look at the ladies    hes well known for just staring at the ladies. 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I once asked for chaa and the old lady slammed the cup on the table  it even spilt out   that's was her sewa    never asked for anything again!  

Her husband is a pervert and just comes to look at the ladies    hes well known for just staring at the ladies. 

Sikh Punjabi version of Last of the Summer Wine.

We have a khalsa primary school just down the road from the gurdwara and lot of the mums after school take their kids to the gurdwara  have langar etc  but the old ladies in the kitchen get really annoyed when the kids mums go into the kitchen to do sewa. 

How do expect young people and families to come and take part at the gurdwara when these old ladies behave like animals defending their territories. 

I know a lot of them are dumped there by their kids before they go to work and then they collect them again when they finish work. 

34 minutes ago, puzzled said:

We have a khalsa primary school just down the road from the gurdwara and lot of the mums after school take their kids to the gurdwara  have langar etc  but the old ladies in the kitchen get really annoyed when the kids mums go into the kitchen to do sewa. 

How do expect young people and families to come and take part at the gurdwara when these old ladies behave like animals defending their territories. 

I know a lot of them are dumped there by their kids before they go to work and then they collect them again when they finish work. 

I guess it is because they need to feel useful 

Their fear is that the young mum's may usurp them in the langar hall and they will have no use anywhere. 

Some of the "progressive " older generation will have other interests and hobbies so they would be less territorial in the gurdwara. 

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Their fear is that the young mum's may usurp them in the langar hall and they will have no use anywhere. 

So it is territorial,

Yh theres a lot of old punjabis doing all sorts of stuff    some of the men go back to india when they retire and they pay "maids" to "work" for them and make food.       

24 minutes ago, puzzled said:

So it is territorial,

Yh theres a lot of old punjabis doing all sorts of stuff    some of the men go back to india when they retire and they pay "maids" to "work" for them and make food.       

The Punjabi men go back for about six months and then come back to UK for six months.

That way they miss out on a lot of the nagging. 

That is why i think this topic regarding getting older Punjabi people to talk to younger Punjabis is futile. 

They already have their own families and their social networks. 

We are beginning to think like goreh as the goreh buddeh are really lonely and would welcome company from younger people.