Punjabi

Dsinghd

Excellent Job Dsingh. However, try to speak punjabi with your brothers and sisters as well regardless of how hard it is. The reason is because you will get married in future (if not yet) and you will speak in english with your partner and punjabi will take the 2nd step and soon it will be gone in your upcoming generation unless lot of speaking practice. I have seen the trend where parents speak punjabi to their kids and kid's reply is always in english.

I try to keep my home 100% punjabi speaking. Respect all language but punjabi is dharamic language ! 

3 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Only my dad can speak broken English. 

Thanks.

In my experience if your parents are from Punjab and their English is not that good, there is going to be a better chance that you will speak Punjabi.

The other scenario is learning Punjabi from grand parents. 

It is going to be increasingly problematic because the baby boomer generation Punjabis that grew up in the UK in the 60's speak English with their kids. These kids now have their own kids and they all speak English.

Every generation that comes after the next is going to be more English.

I speak Punjabi at home as well   with my parents, but with my sister i speak english.  My Punjabi is proper rustic Punjabi lol   Iv been asked a few times if i grew up in Punjab because of my punjabi lol    but people in general tell me my Punjabi is really gd for someone born and raised abroad. All my cousins can speak Punjabi but with a few minor wrong pronunciations here and there    but my Punjabi is on point.   I can read it as well now.