Jump to content
Guest Thorspider

Staying at the Central Khalsa Orphange as a guest

Recommended Posts

Guest Thorspider

I am 14-years old and I have been corresponding with an inmate who lives at the Central Khalsa Orphanage in Amritsar by snail mail for the past year and he asked me if I could come as an exchange student to India and stay at the orphanage as a long-term guest for free. I am not sure if this is a good idea or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest Thorspider said:

I am 14-years old and I have been corresponding with an inmate who lives at the Central Khalsa Orphanage in Amritsar by snail mail for the past year and he asked me if I could come as an exchange student to India and stay at the orphanage as a long-term guest for free. I am not sure if this is a good idea or not.

I will be careful as per you age. If you have any relative then you can go with them. I highly recommend someone must accompany you. I have been to that place many times. Are you directly writing to the boarding student there or someone from the office? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got to be careful when you go back home from abroad because a lot of people automatically perceive you as some sort of isolated prey. 

Make sure you take appropriate measures to protect your personal security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest
22 hours ago, Guest Thorspider said:

I am 14-years old and I have been corresponding with an inmate who lives at the Central Khalsa Orphanage in Amritsar by snail mail for the past year and he asked me if I could come as an exchange student to India and stay at the orphanage as a long-term guest for free. I am not sure if this is a good idea or not.

not a good idea.  why would you even want to do that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Thorspider

The orphanage director said I can stay as a guest during my term as an exchange student but I would have to refrain cutting my hair even and wear dastar even though I am not a Sikh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sat

I hope this orphanage is being regularly audited and visited by undercover inspectors. A lot of <banned word filter activated> has happened in orphanages which should be monikered carefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is highly respected orphanage and has a great history behind it. Chief Khalsa Diwan society organization is the one who runs this center. 90%+ above boarding students are handicaps - Blind, deaf etc. Shaheed Udham Singh was once resident of this orphanage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sat
On 11/28/2019 at 4:57 AM, S1ngh said:

This is highly respected orphanage and has a great history behind it. Chief Khalsa Diwan society organization is the one who runs this center. 90%+ above boarding students are handicaps - Blind, deaf etc. Shaheed Udham Singh was once resident of this orphanage. 

Sounds excellent. They still need regular inspecting though, it only takes one bad egg to change something. Kids homes should be the most highly inspected premises on earth I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest
On 11/26/2019 at 6:49 AM, Guest Thorspider said:

The orphanage director said I can stay as a guest during my term as an exchange student but I would have to refrain cutting my hair even and wear dastar even though I am not a Sikh

theres no way i would send a 14 yr old alone to india.  

if you must go, take one of your parents with you and stay in a reputable hotel (book online before going).  don't stay in the school.  just visit for a week or something, and take your parent with you each time you visit.  thats enough.  

and don't be naive.  the place is full of conmen.  have a polite veneer but don't trust anyone.

i don't see what you will get by being an exchange student there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use