Upanishads

puzzled

On 12/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I remember the lines guru sahib used for prophet while he narrated past men of religion. 

Someone who is reading your post who hasn't read Bachittar Natak would think that maybe Guru Sahib mentioned Mohammend in a nice way. He is mentioned as a failure.

But I am saying, guru sahib never disrespected quran itself.

I don't know what exactly you mean by "disrespect", but Guru ji clearly says that they don't follow anything from it. Do you do Chapaui? 

"Ram raheem puran quran, anek kahein mat ek na manyo."

"Ram, Raheem, the Purans, the Quran; they say alot, but I don't accept anything from them."

Infact in his baani, you find many islamic vocabulary words. 

So? Arabic and Persian existed before Islam. Guru Sahib is allowed to use any langauge they want. Muslims don't own these languages.

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਹਹੁ ਮਤ ਝੂਠੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥
Beḏ kaṯeb kahhu maṯ jẖūṯẖe jẖūṯẖā jo na bicẖārai.
Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

Did you also happen to read the lines where Gurbani refutes various aspects of the the Vedas and the Koran? To say that those books might have some true statements is different from saying that they are fully true and that we need to follow them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Someone who is reading your post who hasn't read Bachittar Natak would think that maybe Guru Sahib mentioned Mohammend in a nice way. He is mentioned as a failure.

Exactly, then this makes you wonder about Ajeet's reading comprehension skills.

Also, look at the opening vaars of Bhai Gurdas's work. 

17 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Definitely. Some of our brothers would probably say "Look, look, Bhai Gurdas ji mentioned the Vedas. Therefore, the Sikhs are supposed to accept the Vedas!"

Actually, Bhai Gurdas ji mentioned the six Hindu systems of philosophy to differentiate Gurmat from them. They are nuanced differences, to be sure, because Bhai Gurdas ji was a sophisticated thinker, but they are differences, nonetheless.

On 12/27/2019 at 5:48 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Exactly, then this makes you wonder about Ajeet's reading comprehension skills.

Before questioning my comprehending skills, why not first look at the tonic of islamophobia you grew up with , which villainizes all muslim with same color, and fraternalizes all of hindus as innocent co-sufferers under "evil muslims".

it's people like you conveniently remember aurangzeb , jahangir, massa rangad , zakaria khan , but conveniently forget gangu, chandu, suchanand, lakhpat rai and harbhagat niranjania from the same pieces of history.

its not surprising considering half of your families tend to be from the hindu side of branch. 

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Before questioning my comprehending skills, why not first look at the tonic of islamophobia you grew up with , which villainizes all muslim with same color, and fraternalizes all of hindus as innocent co-sufferers under "evil muslims".

it's people like you conveniently remember aurangzeb , jahangir, massa rangad , zakaria khan , but conveniently forget gangu, chandu, suchanand, lakhpat rai and harbhagat niranjania from the same pieces of history.

its not surprising considering half of your families tend to be from the hindu side of branch. 

Theres a lot more Islamophobia in India than there is in the UK    a lot of punjabis in the uk grew up with Muslim friends at school.  

As for the hadiths    muslims would get beheaded if they question the hadiths in some Islamic countries.   sahih hadiths are considered authentic by Sunnis muslims    in fact sahih means authentic     sahih bukhari and sahih muslim are authentic hadiths.   Other hadiths are considered debatable by muslims. 

A hadith narrates how a old man was married to a young woman. Because of his age he didnt get erections and couldn't satisfy her   so he narrated his problem to the prophet and other holy men  and they said that you can finger your wife  but can not stick any foreign objects into her  like dildos.   

The sahih hadiths also narrate how the prophet had sex with all 12 of his wives twice a day and he had the sexual strength of 30 men. 

There are rules involved in muslim sex and these rules are found in the hadiths where the prophet set the examples.

The quran says things while it's the hadiths that explain things.  Quran tells them to pray but it's the hadiths which tell them to pray 5 times a day.

Its blasphemy for a Muslim to question the sahih hadiths.

Shia muslims on the other hand dont believe in the sahih hadiths and follow their own. 

20 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Listen. I could pull posts you've made yourself in the recent past that are worse islamophobic than anything I've ever posted. My mother had sullian friends that would come around and cry about their state, and would be given work opportunities to uplift them. I grew up with more sullay than apnay, so I know the score. 

I recommend reading the Vedas, the Puranas, and the Upanishads, and any accompanying texts that explain them. I skimmed through them a few months ago, and surprisingly they clarified a few issues and questions I've been seeking answers for most of my life but wasn't getting anywhere regarding how certain things operate in Vedic or Dharmic spiritual matters of which Sikhi shares various principles. Either our gianis purposely withhold spiritual information from us to keep us ignorant and hooked on them spoon-feeding us guidance, or they don't see the value in nurturing a curious mind. ?

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I recommend reading the Vedas,

Rigveda, the oldest scripture of hinduism and its base was written by Aryans in Punjab. Yes , thats where they first settled. If you read its english translation, you would not find of much value in it, except offerings to gods and the infamous "soma" (sounds like some intoxicant to naive reading) and the fire, wind, this that. Despite the grandiose "VEDA" word, rigveda is mostly metaphorical poetry of forces of nature . Its understandable considering 4 thousand yrs ago, man was at mercy of nature.

the Puranas, and the Upanishads, and any accompanying texts that explain them.

I have a friend who is quite well read on rigveda and he ridicules modern day hinduism and puranas. See this is what happens. And we say differences in our community are that bad lol. Puranas are just story to convey a point . 

Upanishads is the conclusion of vedas and there are 108 of them. Coincidence that malas has 108 beads ? 

Why do none of us know vedic sanskrit, when our gurus were learnt in them , because baani has lot of sanskrit or sanskrit derived words.

I skimmed through them a few months ago, and surprisingly they clarified a few issues and questions I've been seeking answers for most of my life but wasn't getting anywhere regarding how certain things operate in Vedic or Dharmic spiritual matters of which Sikhi shares various principles.

Umm this is tricky. Are you suggesting you got your answers from those scriptures and didn't find them in SGGS , Sri dasam granth and bhai gurdas vaaran ? ?

Either our gianis purposely withhold spiritual information from us to keep us ignorant and hooked on them spoon-feeding us guidance, or they don't see the value in nurturing a curious mind. ?

You have to look at recent sikh history (last 100 yrs) . Sikhi was almost about to be usurped by (you know who) . To maintain its identity, the psyche has poured into english translations as well.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions however , incase anyone here can answer : 

1) Why do we not read smaller matras in baani . for eg :

ਸਿਮਰਉ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵਉ ॥
is read as "simrau simar simar sukh pavau" , why not as "simrau simari simari sukhu pavau"  

please don't tell me the aunkad means singular . doesn't make sense.

2) there are a lot of words in baani, whose descent from its original form of sanskrit , prakrit, faarsi, we don't know of .

For instance "aarja" in japji sahib is translated as "lifespan" , but we don't know whch language is this .

if you extrapolate the fact that 'y' tends to become 'j' in gurbani language (karya: kaaraj) , just as 'ksh' becomes 'kh' or 'chh' (nakshatra : nakhatar/nachhatar) 

if you deduce 'aarja' same way  , you get 'aarya' (now this is a sanskrit word for 'respect' , but doesn't make sense in this context) 

33 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Umm this is tricky. Are you suggesting you got your answers from those scriptures and didn't find them in SGGS , Sri dasam granth and bhai gurdas vaaran ? ?

Not in a way that was understood by my limited intellect. I need things spelled out in a way I understand. If that means consulting a book written in the 19th century by a white man who spent a some years in an ashram learning Vedic philosophy from a rishi, then so be it. ?