Academic culture in Punjab

Guest Guest Singh

Guest Guest Singh

Wjkk wkfj!

Sangat ji I have been getting thoughts of late regarding the academic culture in Punjab. There does not seem to be a thriving one currently. I might not have good knowledge in depth regarding the same, and do correct me if I'm wrong which I hope I am, but isn't it so much rare these days to come across a Punjabi scientist who is the best in his field? Or maybe an economist? A researcher of some kind who has contributed to his field of work. Why don't we see enough people at top management positions in the corporate world who have acquired their degrees in Punjab?

This is another isse, we don't really have many quality education institutions or central government companies that are headquartered in Punjab. I read somewhere that there used to be many bungay in Amritsar that were centres for learning in a specific subject each. Why have we been unable to cultivate a learning culture within our native land? Why do we have to go out of Punjab, to other states or even abroad, if we need to gain quality higher education in a subject? I feel like it's high time we start focussing some energy on improving Punjab's academic climate.

What do you think about these issues? Please let us all know.

Wjkk Wjkf!

2 hours ago, Guest Guest Singh said:

Wjkk wkfj!

Sangat ji I have been getting thoughts of late regarding the academic culture in Punjab. There does not seem to be a thriving one currently. I might not have good knowledge in depth regarding the same, and do correct me if I'm wrong which I hope I am, but isn't it so much rare these days to come across a Punjabi scientist who is the best in his field? Or maybe an economist? A researcher of some kind who has contributed to his field of work. Why don't we see enough people at top management positions in the corporate world who have acquired their degrees in Punjab?

This is another isse, we don't really have many quality education institutions or central government companies that are headquartered in Punjab. I read somewhere that there used to be many bungay in Amritsar that were centres for learning in a specific subject each. Why have we been unable to cultivate a learning culture within our native land? Why do we have to go out of Punjab, to other states or even abroad, if we need to gain quality higher education in a subject? I feel like it's high time we start focussing some energy on improving Punjab's academic climate.

Wjkk Wjkf!

Be mindful of quality educational institutions because it would encourage further exodus out of Punjab.

It also depends on where you think educational institutions come from, what I mean by this whether it is public (government funded) or privately funded.

There are plenty of privately funded colleges and universities. For example, there is Lovely University. This is privately funded. They have a huge campus built not far from Jalandhar. 

You cannot have these educatonal facilities without having the jobs to go with it.

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
3 hours ago, Guest Guest Singh said:

Wjkk wkfj!

Wjkk Wjkf!

? Love the way our 'guest guest' friend here sees a thread of mine about the decline of intellectual academia among Punjabis and, instead of posting on it, decides to start a brand new one in which he says "he's been thinking recently about academic culture". Well played brother. Well played.

Guest kulwant O
On 12/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, Guest Guest Singh said:

Wjkk wkfj!

Wjkk Wjkf!

There has never been any academic culture in Punjab ever because sikhs do not have the pre-requisite for it. The mainstream culture of Punjab is all about drinking alcohol, home brew, and taking drugs. Life for average Punjabe person becomes more bearable  that way. Your average Punjabe is not literate in basic arithmetic or punjabey language, they rather learn the language of their colonial masters even if they make a right mess of it when it comes to application.  let's face it, Punjabeys are still trapped in dogmas that belong to a different century altogether, it will take four or five centuries more to snatch them out of these dogmas with no reasoning or imagination. Your average Punjabey female is rotten to her core, has no manners, gossips and back stabs, fantasizes about becoming a bollywood heroine for some Romeo lurking around in the streets of Punjabe, doesn't want to educate herself about personal hygiene, doesn't have great intellect, is rude and the list is never ending.  She is the paradigm of ugliness or 'UGLIMESS' if you like.

The Punjabe men are 1000 per cent worse than the  Punjabe women. They are rough and rowdy and like to drink and fight. They are not all that bothered about getting academic or anything that has to do with it.  They are lazy and not bothered to learn anything that will edify their tiny little brains which god very mercifully and kindly gave them.  They are just waste of space and time, always ready to leave Punjabe to enter foreign countries illegally, even if it costs them their faith.

Dream on my friend.

Guest kulwant O
On 12/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

Be mindful of quality educational institutions because it would encourage further exodus out of Punjab.

It also depends on where you think educational institutions come from, what I mean by this whether it is public (government funded) or privately funded.

There are plenty of privately funded colleges and universities. For example, there is Lovely University. This is privately funded. They have a huge campus built not far from Jalandhar. 

You cannot have these educatonal facilities without having the jobs to go with it.

You need jobs to raise funding. Punjabeys are not talented people when it comes to learning academic subjects. They are good at learning by rote memorization. They have little or no understanding of what they are learning. I have heard of Lovely Uni too but huge campuses donot produce Einsteins, Edward Wittens, Francis Fukuyamas, Ban Gu or Ban zhaos or Nico Muhly(s) of the future.  Without brains and disciplined lifestyle there is  no chance of achieving any success in academia.  Discipline, discipline and more discipline in life is needed for developing Punjabe's brains, if there are any.

My cousin in india always skipped school and failed his exams so his dad  my mama basically used  to pay the teachers to pass his exams and enter him into the next yr  lol   my mama is has a lot of connections in the local area and got away with it lol   

It's really bad isn't it

Honestly I think that's how a lot of people in india make it to the top    not just Punjab but all over the country 

My mama even used to get his sons out of jail  because he knew the police officers. 

Corruption is the fast path  in that country.   

The whole country is a mess   absolute mess   

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's the problem. A mentality that expects everything laid out for you. Like being innovative or enterprising is some totally alien concept to apnay. 

Punjabis does not lack the ability to be enterprising or innovative. 

They become very enterprising the moment they land on western shores. I am astounded where this ambition appears all of sudden.

The environment in Punjab is not conducive to innovation.

Everytime there is a new business set up and it become successful, Badal and Co gobble it up.

People don't bother after that. 

8 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Punjabis does not lack the ability to be enterprising or innovative. 

They become very enterprising the moment they land on western shores. I am astounded where this ambition appears all of sudden.

The environment in Punjab is not conducive to innovation.

Everytime there is a new business set up and it become successful, Badal and Co gobble it up.

People don't bother after that. 

So the 'kingpins' that Juts repeatedly vote in in Panjab are responsible for its appalling state in terms of economic progress.  That's a self-inflicted problem. 

And it doesn't do much to counter the impression that that section of the community are backwards either.