Academic culture in Punjab

Guest Guest Singh

Guest chess_champ
57 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You should have a little walk around brick lane..........

brick Lane? Never heard of it? It would be nice if you can tell me how to get there bro.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:59 PM, Guest juggi said:

Once  I witnessed a gentleman in the middle of a corrupt transaction with someone I knew.  I came and told my dad and he told me not to tell anyone else. It happened on my way to school and suddenly I stopped to speak to the this person but he just kept ignoring me as I was waiting for him to finish dealing with this other guy i more or less heard and understood everything they were on about. I couldn't wait to go home that day so I could tell my pappa  ji everything. Did your mama wear dark glasses and short trousers by any chance? I am just trying to find out if it is the same man I saw when I was on  my way to school that day.  My school was roughly 3 miles away from our home, my pappa ji had bought me a young donkey so I could travel to school everyday. The kids in our village made a laughing stock of my means of transport, this made me feel very sorry for the donkey. One day I decided to walk along with the donkey instead of riding on his back.  It was not very uncommon to see young boys wearing very short shorts with no sandals or shoes in my village. You could say that it was considered very trendy to be dressed like that in fact,  dishevelled look was the 'in' thing in those days.  Everyone tried to look as dishevelled as possible so that no one will pick on them or bullied.  Once I saw a woman in her forties bribing a man with some cash. As I was a typical nosy parker in those days, I pretended not to be looking in her direction or listening to what she was saying to this other guy, when I was evesdropping like no one's ever done it before. I heard every single word she said.  Apparently she was caught having fun with three very dashing toy boys one evening by this man and he was demanding money to keep his mouth shut. She was literally begging him not to go and tell her othe half.  She even promised to cook currhie choll with pakoras to appease this filthy man, but he will not have any of it.  He just wanted her money and the poor woman was crying like hell, but he won't listen.  So, in the end, she just took some money out of her diamond studded bra and gave it to him. So shocking to see all this.

You should consider a career in comedy. 

Guest Guest Singh
On 12/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, Guest chess_champ said:

If you think you can compete with Bengalis, you are joking bro!

It is not about competition, it's about improving Punjab. Punjab is better than others in some aspects too. What do you think makes Bengalis the most "innovative" people in India and "visionaries", and how can  Punjabis learn from them?

On 12/22/2019 at 6:18 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Most ppl get an education in panjab then apply elsewhere.

That's a very big part of the problem. Why does Punjab not have such institutions which can compete with the best?

On 12/22/2019 at 6:18 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Also panjab has default jobs so ppl don't really look for or invent new ones. Like farming, joining a religious institution (becoming a baba), singing, truck driving or running for politics (sirpanch to CM), leaving to another country.

Isn't it bad? If what you're saying is true, Punjab is not generating new jobs, which is what compels most Punjabis to emigrate. Had there been more opportunities, Sikhs' majority in their homeland population would not be threatened today. There need to be more jobs in Punjab, which of course can only happen with a pro-Punjab government.