Were Gurus above normal humans?

Big_Tera

19 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Were the Gurus above normal human beings? Ie if they were they would not succumb to illness like normal humans do. 

Their biggest miracle was not succumbing to lust, anger, attachment, etc. They called themselves the lowliest, which makes them the highest. 

Nanak neech kahai veechar.

4 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

In Sikhism, Guru means God on earth.

God gives all His powers to the Guru.

Guru can do anything and everything.

You got it wrong:

In 'Sikhism' (the thing that emerged during colonisation, the Gurus are mere bards or men. 

In Sikhi, they are walking divinity here to guide humanity.

Bhai Jagraj Singh talks about this:

Were the Gurus above normal human beings? Ie if they were they would not succumb to illness like normal humans do. 

It has been stated that certain Gurus performed miracles and cured diseases. 

But why could Guru Har Krishan not cure his own small pox from which passed away from? 

If Gurus could perform acts of miracles then why did they did not do this to themselves when they  were unwell. 

Read Bhai Sahib Dr Vir Singhs Sri Guru Nanak Chamatkar , translated into English by M L Mongia .( I think its on this forum) may help your understanding. My view is that the Gurus were here on earth due to atrocities from rulers crossed all limits. People were lost , to restore love , compassion back into society the first Guru, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj , preached this in such a way that all that met Guru nanak Dev Ji fell at his feet and changed for the better.( stores such as cattle grazing, cobra protecting Guru maharaj from the suns rays , seeing mecca all directions to explain that good is everywhere etc..) Bhai Sahib Dr Vir Singh writes, The Gurus love for the lord was much more than , one who loves their children, the husband loves the wife, greedy love money ...was way way much more that we cannot even contemplate it but they all lived under the almighties hukam. Their purpose was to wake up the sangat , distill back love, compassion, so all could live along together, change peoples mindset. The Gurus were 100% above normal human beings without a doubt.

They were above humans. 

Guru Har Krishan could have made the disease go away completely but that would be "The job is done." The Gurus performed duties, not jobs. 

It was Akaal Purakh's Hukam to have disease spread. Guru Har Krishan took that disease upon Themselves. This way the command of the disease is still there, only the direction has changed, instead of disease being eradicated completely and change Akaal Purakh's Hukam. Ability to change God's command is an infringement to Hukam. 

7 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

They were above humans. 

Guru Har Krishan could have made the disease go away completely but that would be "The job is done." The Gurus performed duties, not jobs. 

Now you are playing with words, "job" "duty".  There is no difference.  There is no job or duty to be completed or performed.  Vaheguru sets the stage and came down as Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.  Hukam is the force behind everything and the Gurus performed according to hukam.  So does everyone do according to hukam of Vaheguru. No one is above hukam or outside.  Vaheguru is the hukam so no, hukam is not greater than Vaheguru.   

It was Akaal Purakh's Hukam to have disease spread. Guru Har Krishan took that disease upon Themselves. This way the command of the disease is still there, only the direction has changed, instead of disease being eradicated completely and change Akaal Purakh's Hukam. Ability to change God's command is an infringement to Hukam.

Yes it was hukam for disease to spread. Guru Har krishan ji did not take the disease upon himself as a being in a human form, which is limited to this world and is subject to this world. The human body will perish at its end.  What he did was, as Vaheguru, his hukam was at play and the disease came upon himself.  I agree with you but am explaining it further.

Where I disagree with you is the comment about the direction of the disease changing.  This cannot be explained other than understanding what happened.  Akal Purakh himself left the form of Sri Guru Har Krishan ji as the body is in hukam and the disease took over the body.  The eternal Guru is not effected by disease, sorrow or happiness.   This world is not to be won like the Christian or muslims or any other people want to win.  The Guru doesnt need to win or pay back for taking disease away from others.  The Guru injected himself into his play (world) and became an actor without being attached to his play.  There are worlds upon worlds and many performances happening all at once.  The sakhi of Sri Guru Har krishan ji is to be understood so we better our lives by being compassionate to the level of if we lose our human life we don't  cry or curse Vaheguru or a very rare response be happy.   We accept it and keep remembering Vaheguru no matter what.  This type of compassion is easily spoken of but it is very hard to do.

@S1ngh @ADMIN @MOD

I honestly believe there needs to be a new rule around asking questions like @Big_Tera has on this topic.  Let's replace for a second that this person is a Sikh and say a Muslim asked this direct question where directly the person is saying Sri Guru Har krishan ji  has died because of his disease and then pose a question why couldn't Sri Guru Har krishan ji save himself?  The topic would be deleted and most likely the muslim poster would be banned.  So why is it acceptable for a Sikh to ask in a manner where he is already giving the answer to his question that says our Guru died? @Big_Tera presents no Gurbani to support his claims.  I believe when such questions are asked here, the poster must present Gurbani to support his claims and the full shabad must be presented.  If a random shabad is presented just to meet the minimum requirements then the post must be deleted.   I believe in discussion but this is a bait topic.  Also in another thread poster @Big_Tera said there is no benefit to doing paath.  This shows this guy does not even read Gurbani.  Also not to long ago this poster was on here asking how to be a bhangra singer.  I believe this post was created by @Big_Tera  to be malicious and cause hurt to Sikhs.  

8 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

@S1ngh @ADMIN @MOD

I honestly believe there needs to be a new rule around asking questions like @Big_Tera has on this topic. 

So why is it acceptable for a Sikh to ask in a manner where he is already giving the answer to his question that says our Guru died? 

I believe this post was created by @Big_Tera  to be malicious and cause hurt to Sikhs.  

I believe there doesn't need to be any such rule. The questions of the sort that @Big_Tera has asked (not all, but some) are not ones that he alone asks.

They are the sort that plenty of Sikhs ask.

It's good to have the questions here so that people can come and read the answers.

You might think that it's pointless because you already know all the answers, but the fact is, all of us can benefit from each other's perspectives on such tricky questions.

And then we are better prepared for when someone asks us such a question in real life (which happens often).

22 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

I only asked a question to have more knowledge on the Gurus. It is only to learn more. 

No offence was meant. I don't have any hidden motives or anything like this. 

Do not worry at all.

The only one hysterical above is creating one more of his countless scenes.

He keeps on continuously bullying, disrespectful and  insulting the rest of the members.... 

Why is this permitted?

He is harming this beautiful website with his toxic nonsense.

Shame on him, and shame on those who do nothing to stop him for once and ever, unless he learns to respect all the members.

Can't anbody see how he keeps on bullying here?

Just pathetic...