Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
5AB84

Bana clothing

Recommended Posts

Hi, I was wondering if only women are suppose to wear pajami (leggings) with Bana(Chola) or if Singhs are also given the option of wearing leggings as well. Some people say men should only wear a kachera and not a pajama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5AB84 said:

Hi, I was wondering if only women are suppose to wear pajami (leggings) with Bana(Chola)

First of all, why do you want to wear a bana (chola)? Where is it written that you should wear a chola? The answer is that it isn't written anywhere in Gurbani.

It's oral tradition. If you accept it, fine. If not, that's fine, too.

But if you accept it, then yes, the very same tradition says that women need to wear pajami.

2 hours ago, 5AB84 said:

Some people say men should only wear a kachera and not a pajama

Correct. Singhs are just supposed to wear a kachhera. If it's cold, they can wear leg-warmers (not leggings that go over your kachhera).

If you don't want to wear a chola, then wear a normal kurta-pajama. This is acceptable for a Singh. 

But don't do a mish-mash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:
2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Correct. Singhs are just supposed to wear a kachhera.

Why can't males wear pajama on top of a kachhera. 

Read what I wrote. I said "If you don't want to wear a chola, then wear a normal kurta-pajama. This is acceptable for a Singh. "

 

I think you want to ask why Singhs are not to wear pajama with bana. Simple: That's the uniform. If you don't like it, don't wear it. Wear a kurta-pajama. Wear a t-shirt and jeans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:
15 hours ago, BhForce said:

That's the uniform

thats the question. why is it so . who made it . SGPC do wear white pajamis over their chola . 

Bro, it's simply from the time of the first Sikh warriors. Guru Gobind Singh ji references the neela bana in Uggradanti. It is also referenced in Bhai Gurdas ji the 2nd. The specifics of the bana are oral tradition. Ask any Nihung Singh. 

The SGPC don't wear pamamis over a chola, they wear it under it, obviously.

The do that because that's part of their conscious rejection of the Nihang maryada. That's why they make their employees tie a samosa turban instead of the dumalla. In fact Giani Ram Singh (of Sangravan Taksal) resigned than to be forced to wear samosa pagg.

You're in Mumbai, so visit Hazur Sahib and ask the Nihungs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BhForce said:

Bro, it's simply from the time of the first Sikh warriors. Guru Gobind Singh ji references the neela bana in Uggradanti. It is also referenced in Bhai Gurdas ji the 2nd. The specifics of the bana are oral tradition. Ask any Nihung Singh. 

The SGPC don't wear pamamis over a chola, they wear it under it, obviously.

The do that because that's part of their conscious rejection of the Nihang maryada. That's why they make their employees tie a samosa turban instead of the dumalla. In fact Giani Ram Singh (of Sangravan Taksal) resigned than to be forced to wear samosa pagg.

You're in Mumbai, so visit Hazur Sahib and ask the Nihungs.

So a Sikh male can't wear chola with pajama. 

But I heard in that case kachhera is very big like even reaching below knee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Singh

It’s personal preference. If a Singh wants to wear a pajama (loose-fitting) or pajaymi (tight fitting) trouser with chola it’s their choice. Sometimes Singhs might want that extra bit of modesty too by having their legs covered vs just kachera. 

Pajaymi does have some benefits actually. Types of seva where you want to keep high sucham like - sitting at maharajs tabiyaa. Whereas a pajama would have likely touched your shoes and floor by being ‘baggy’ a pajaymi probably wouldn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use