Women, strength, liberation

Guest Women

I was reading another thread about women and wanted to make a thread with women and men addressing issues of sexism in society. I believe this is still a Huge problem not only in minority cultural groups in the world, but also society as a whole. 

What are people’s views on issues and how can we tackle them?

One of my strong opinions is that sexism is still rampant with Punjabi’s, and I have myself fallen victim to it, leading me to having been beaten up by a close family member violently, 

Iv been beaten by my dad as a teenager   while my sister has never had a hand layed on her face.

Asian women complaining of sexism in the west is a joke.

There are more asian women at universities and professional careers than asian men, asian women are more sexually liberated now than ever before, and aranged marriages are fast disappearing.   What else do you want? 

Women complain just for the sake of complaing   its habit,   oh no I'm being sexist now! 

My moms gave me and my siblings a fair few lickings over the years (some deserved, some not), should I put this down to a rampant anti-male matriarchy at play?

Of all ethnic minorities in the west apneean seem to have the most freedom? I know this varies from family to family, but I'd meet plenty of 'liberated' apneean out and about, that's when I used to get out and about myself. They usually weren't behaving too well either. 

I don't know if it is because I'm older now and not out as much, but I don't see the mouthy, trashy types around as much as I used to (which was pretty frequently). Maybe people have learnt? Or maybe I just don't see it now?

That all being said: Females should be respected, and never abused. But we shouldn't ignore the way a helluva lot of apneean appear to find themselves embroiled in some really bad situations like getting groomed, or just being cheaply used and abused by blokes. 

2 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Well of course. It is a more moral and noble thing to respect someone just for existing than to demean them for existing. Which has been the attitude toward women in india for many centuries.

No.

Respect is earned, not distributed without merit like sweets. It is neither moral nor noble to do what you're suggesting. The opposite of not respecting somebody IS NOT demeaning them.

I view it as, "Wait and observe." Making the leap from not respecting somebody to the extreme of lambasting them or wrapping a cricket bat around their head, is what short-sighted, excitable third worlders do. The middle way of allowing them to display if they are in fact worth respecting is the only sensible route. Otherwise, just avoid and move on.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

No.

Respect is earned, not distributed without merit like sweets. It is neither moral nor noble to do what you're suggesting. The opposite of not respecting somebody IS NOT demeaning them.

I view it as, "Wait and observe." Making the leap from not respecting somebody to the extreme of lambasting them or wrapping a cricket bat around their head, is what short-sighted, excitable third worlders do. The middle way of allowing them to display if they are in fact worth respecting is the only sensible route. Otherwise, just avoid and move on.

Y'all must respec Whamen!