Women, strength, liberation

Guest Women

On 1/15/2020 at 9:20 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Well of course. It is a more moral and noble thing to respect someone just for existing than to demean them for existing. Which has been the attitude toward women in india for many centuries.

Thankyou 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:21 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Patriarchy in my opinion is when power and wealth is determined on a person being Male. For example inheritance laws that favor males only. Education available to males only. Divorces can only be finalized by males and offspring automatically belong to father. All income belongs to husband. Fate of women decided by father or husband. 

You know all the things suffragettes fought against. I know most of them could be beneficial like offspring belonging to father in a divorce so raising them is not a burden on women only. But they became oppressive laws. Inheritance to male is to offset dowry and property remaining in bloodlines etc 

Balance will be restored firstly because If women get a chance to be so high up that they became oppressive. That hopefully means feminism spread to every corner of  Earth. Even traditional countries like Africa, Saudi Arabia, villages in poorest india will get the message that women can be in power. Are not a burden and drain on resources only. Can have another purpose besides marriage and breeding. And maybe even clue onto the fact that in this day and age can be just as equal and worthy as sons. So basically the feminist agenda is not shut down before it has spread everywhere. Not just knowledge, but actual experience and shift in thinking. 

Secondly, once women become oppressive. They can stop using the victim card. All those theories about women being better Rulers, kinder, less prone to warfare can be debunked. And they can stop saying women suck because of patriarchy. And men who defend women because of previous injustices will realize they are human. For example Israel, even though they are committing atrocities, their previous victimhood is protecting them. And until they commit a crime that is so heinous or effects more than just the current despised ethnicity, the world isn't too bothered. Same with women. Let them win. Accomplish their feminist agenda. And let it fail. Sure ppl will suffer especially men. But karma. Also, only after failing will ppl realize how unrealistic feminism is. Like communism.

Although I believe communism and feminism will be possible in a far far future when technology is way more advanced. Human race just isn't ready for it yet. Like it took an  educated and affluential middle class to make democracy work. Although all of Europe was convinced democracy is mob rule and bound to fail after the French revolution. 

Are you joking. Some of the men on this thread are ridiculous. 

All women want is to be treated as equals. Is that such an awful thing to ask. 

Step into the middle east or india and see how women are treated. Put yourself in an oppressed woman's shoes and see how it would feel.

Women are not slaves, they are not lower. Nanak and the Gurus taught that women are Equal. 

How else did bhagats like Mai Bhago lead an army into battle, how else do women fight so hard at work to reach an equal status to men. Its about EQUALITY.

interesting how all the thread has been filled by guys complaining about girls having the upper hand , you do realise that the western 'developed' ahem world is a small fraction of the total world population , that fifty percent of the majority of the planet is still being oppressed by becoming pawns in male empire building and revenge games . ugandan women being raped by government and guerilla troops , rohingya females being raped and murdered by Burmese, India Kashmiri muslim  girls being threatened by hinduvta forces , our own bibian by the same to teach us all a lesson , afghanis marrying off womenfolk to setlle personal debts or feuds, ISIS sex slaves, Arabians opppressing domestics , girls in Africa having to sell themselves to afford sanitary protection  , girls across the globe being penalised for needing tme outs to go to the loo during menses , dropping out of school because of periods , Nepali girls dying because they are forced live in huts during menses away from home and protection, the  lack of female doctors in the muslim world to help with obsterics and general female health   the list goes on ... in the USA talk of withdrawing rights of women , they want to go down the way of Bolivia that imprisoned a woman for murder of her stillborn child ....

It is disgusting and messy and as Khalsa we are supposed to change this negative ish  to allow women everywhere to live and bring their power and positivity to the table to fix this world . First I hop my brothers out there realise that true feminism is what Guru ji taught us , to let ALL live without fear and being self-sovreign under Akal Purakh not being penalise for what is ultimately a blessing of Paramatma.

Yes we should respect all as SABH GOBIND HAI , SABH GOBIND HAI , GOBIND BIN NAHIN KOE>  it is not easy , no one should it would be but we should try to lead by example and show the worst how to be better, the best.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:23 PM, Guest Women said:

It's funny how many men on here like to downplay the abuse of women. I have been beaten half to death by a family member. Most punjabi women I know have been abused by men. 

It's a real issue which needs to be addressed. I only know of a few men who have been abused. What I know first hand is that alot of women have been abused, I'm not denying men have also been abused. I've just noticed it's a huge problem for females and that awareness should be spread to help prevent what happened to me from happening to another woman.

In my experience, punabi culture has had a HUGE role in the abuse of these women and myself and I have a right to address it. 

I'm not saying women don't get abused. Men do as well, and many women stay silent about it - like you are complaining that men do. Instead, when some weak-willed bloke is abused and demoralised to the extent of becoming a chooha, other women 'big up' the culprit as some sort of model 'strong women'. I've known plenty of jananis who frequently cheat on their blokes too. Abuse needs to end period, male towards female, female towards male, male on male, female on female (like many nau sus relationships). 

Yes, aspects of certain strains of Panjabi culture may well be a contributing factor. It's when we don't realise and act on the fact that Sikhi based culture is our best weapon against this, then such things are more likely to occur. And for the record, in my family, the women aren't like docile doormats, they give as good as they get (even better sometimes.....), so jumping onto the inherent victimhood narrative of white women culture doesn't cut it either. Address the issue for sure, but contextualise it properly, and don't use ill-fitting white models on the problem.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

First I hop my brothers out there realise that true feminism is what Guru ji taught us , to let ALL live without fear and being self-sovreign under Akal Purakh not being penalise for what is ultimately a blessing of Paramatma.

You want to start using a Sikhi based lexicon, when you thrown in the word 'feminism' it has all sorts of inherent agendas and implications today. Sure it might have started out for noble causes like gaining a vote and representation in government but how it's morphed into some excuse for promiscuity and how it is used as a tool to target and vilify nonwhite men shouldn't be lost on you. 

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

interesting how all the thread has been filled by guys complaining about girls having the upper hand , you do realise that the western 'developed' ahem world is a small fraction of the total world population , that fifty percent of the majority of the planet is still being oppressed by becoming pawns in male empire building and revenge games . ugandan women being raped by government and guerilla troops , rohingya females being raped and murdered by Burmese, India Kashmiri muslim  girls being threatened by hinduvta forces , our own bibian by the same to teach us all a lesson , afghanis marrying off womenfolk to setlle personal debts or feuds, ISIS sex slaves, Arabians opppressing domestics , girls in Africa having to sell themselves to afford sanitary protection  , girls across the globe being penalised for needing tme outs to go to the loo during menses , dropping out of school because of periods , Nepali girls dying because they are forced live in huts during menses away from home and protection, the  lack of female doctors in the muslim world to help with obsterics and general female health   the list goes on ... in the USA talk of withdrawing rights of women , they want to go down the way of Bolivia that imprisoned a woman for murder of her stillborn child ...

Yet, these women in these countries consider the Western path as something to aspire to; the light at the end of the tunnel, the solution to their problems, whereas those of us living in the West realise it may begin with noble intentions and a desire to right genuine wrongs, but it doesn't end with minimising inequality and arriving at the eventual parity of the sexes. The intelligentsia, in order to perpetuate and justify their existence, begin to manufacture solutions to non-existent problems such as sexist air-conditioning, shaming men for opening their legs on trains and buses, and other stupidity that are markers of a morally and psychologically moribund society ruled by cretins. For me, I'm forced to call into question the judgement and foresight of such women who keep tight-lipped over such incredibly damaging discourse, yet continue amplifying the voices of these same people.