Women, strength, liberation

Guest Women

Just now, Ranjeet01 said:

A lot of suffragettes were upper class women and were pis*** when men from the lower classes got to vote. 

Not surprising, that whole attitude cuts across all groups with privilege and power. Look at how many of our lot react so angrily at attempts to level the playing field for so called 'low castes' in Panjab. 

2 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

A lot of suffragettes were upper class women and were pis*** when men from the lower classes got to vote. 

the main swathe of sufferjettes were working class women and middle classes not the upper ones  , because they were suffering more in a daily way than others . Yes there were a handful of privileged ladies who used their position to fund the struggle  but the ones lining police cells were not.

28 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

That might be the case now, but read up about the suffragettes - Anita Anand's book on Princess Sophia is a good introduction because you get a bit of Sikh historical knowledge as well.  Them lot weren't messing about, and most of the white male society of the time was against them. They did prison time for their cause, got force fed,  they were properly active unlike most men today who are too timid to be. 

Yet, they despised the working class women of the country, or at least viewed them with an icy indifference, arguably the one group who most needed uplifting and support. That mentality has echoed, to a certain degree, up to this day. A bunch of well-to-do middle class women of leisure poncing around trying to kill time.

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Yet, they despised the working class women of the country, or at least viewed them with an icy indifference, arguably the one group who most needed uplifting and support. That mentality has echoed, to a certain degree, up to this day. A bunch of well-to-do middle class women of leisure poncing around trying to kill time.

I think that is a valid criticism. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

There were suffragists and there were suffragettes. 

Suffragettes were quite violent,  they were involved in bombings.

And so?

This viewpoint is being spread by right wing. There was even an essay saying suffragettes were domestic terrorists.

Its laughable to point that out as a bad thing as a sikh. What with the sikhs' history with weapons, freedom fighters, revolutions. 

Even the west supported any and all freedom fighters until the guerilla fighters started targeting innocent civilians like the air india bombing and south american villages. 

I mean any injustice that has no legal or societal recourse should be fought with weapons and violence. 

One of my cousins whose now sadly dead, his wife had 5 abortions and after each abortion she used to gloat about it and tell him.   She never used to tell him that shes pregnant, it's only after the abortion she used to tell him.   She felt powerful when she did that.    It made him so depressed and sad.        Women may not physically abuse but they definitely mentally torture and play games       iv seen it a lot in my family.   

Carrying a child makes a lot of women feel like they now have the power, it's a strong position for them to be in    and many use that to their advantage. 

2 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

And so?

This viewpoint is being spread by right wing. There was even an essay saying suffragettes were domestic terrorists.

Its laughable to point that out as a bad thing as a sikh. What with the sikhs' history with weapons, freedom fighters, revolutions. 

Even the west supported any and all freedom fighters until the guerilla fighters started targeting innocent civilians like the air india bombing and south american villages. 

I mean any injustice that has no legal or societal recourse should be fought with weapons and violence. 

bro air india bomb was a RAW operation nothing to do with sikh struggle

besides one person's freedom fighter is the current regime's terrorist , it is as old as time.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

One of my cousins whose now sadly dead, his wife had 5 abortions and after each abortion she used to gloat about it and tell him.   She never used to tell him that shes pregnant, it's only after the abortion she used to tell him.   She felt powerful when she did that.    It made him so depressed and sad.        Women may not physically abuse but they definitely mentally torture and play games       iv seen it a lot in my family.   

Carrying a child makes a lot of women feel like they now have the power, it's a strong position for them to be in    and many use that to their advantage. 

it made me feel vulnerable to the vagaries of the male ego , plenty of women been abandoned or dumped because it is not the guy's 'choice' to have kids ... sorry if you play games expect to be caught out eventually...

I hear you about some women twisting the knife  , I guess they know they cannot beat down physically on their guy so they go for mental attacks  I find it despicable .

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

it made me feel vulnerable to the vagaries of the male ego , plenty of women been abandoned or dumped because it is not the guy's 'choice' to have kids ... sorry if you play games expect to be caught out eventually...

I hear you about some women twisting the knife  , I guess they know they cannot beat down physically on their guy so they go for mental attacks  I find it despicable .

I read in a psychology book, if we don't distinguish between physical and social violence, that middle school girls ate the most violent demographic in the US.