Women, strength, liberation

Guest Women

Guest Not2Cool
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

bro air india bomb was a RAW operation nothing to do with sikh struggle

besides one person's freedom fighter is the current regime's terrorist , it is as old as time.

I hear you. And I truly hope it was an indian govt operation and that is brought out into the open.

But until then, I think it is a sign of wisdom to acknowledge what was done in ones name. And stop denying things and always being on the defensive. Yes some sikhs may have done the air india bombing. They may have been bought by the Indian govt. Or just besmirched. However, we sikhs are willing to apologize for it. And will remember it and bring it up everytime. So no Sikh ever thinks it's ok to  do such a thing nor is it ok brush uncomfortable issues aside by blaming others. Let's take responsibility and not become like the muslims where we can say that was someone else. Let's grieve for it so it won't happen agajn 

7 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

And so?

This viewpoint is being spread by right wing. There was even an essay saying suffragettes were domestic terrorists.

Its laughable to point that out as a bad thing as a sikh. What with the sikhs' history with weapons, freedom fighters, revolutions. 

Even the west supported any and all freedom fighters until the guerilla fighters started targeting innocent civilians like the air india bombing and south american villages. 

I mean any injustice that has no legal or societal recourse should be fought with weapons and violence. 

There was a lot more going on. We are barely scratching the surface.

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I read in a psychology book, if we don't distinguish between physical and social violence, that middle school girls ate the most violent demographic in the US. 

mental torture is what really breaks domestic violence victims not so much the physical trauma . Yes little girls are vicious ...

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Every one of us...whether you are a man or a woman...started our life as a female in our mother's belly.  After a few weeks, the <banned word filter activated> ones, like myself, shed our female chromosomes and morphed into males and went on to ruin the earth and afflict perpetual violence and injustice. Being the male idiots that we are, we're also too blind to be able to see which of the sexes is actually the stronger and more moral one. The <banned word filter activated> wind blows strong on us males. Here's a poem I once wrote:

What other Sikh girls do.

Why should it bother you ? so much.

She is not your family. Not your daughter.

She's got her own mind to make her own decisions. Just as you have yours.

Do girls make notes on what you do. Keep tabs on you. Then talk about you. Write about you. Start threads about you. Post messages about you. And then base their opinion on an entire gender of an entire religion based entirely on what they might have heard YOU do ?

Yes. It's as silly and irrational as it sounds. And yet, on this forum, it still bothers you. What Sikh girls do.

Not just bothers you. But consumes you. Eats you and destroys you. Stops you thinking straight.

You tell others that Sikhism is fantastic because unlike others it values females.

But then you turn around and lecture and judge sikh females based on what they wear and what they choose to do.

You say the bad Muslims are the ones that are a 100% strict about following their religious rules.

But then you say the good Sikhs are the ones that are 100% strict about following their religion's rules.

You say the good Muslims are the ones that are not very strict about their religion and treat all faiths and people equally.

But then you say the bad Sikhs are the ones that are not very strict about their religion and treat all faiths and people equally.

You say the worst and most evil thing ever was the fact that the British Empire had colonial rule over India.

But then you say the best and most pious thing ever was the fact that the Sikh Empire had colonial rule over the non-punjab territories and nations.

They say the anglo language, culture and national traits were largely manifested and then shaped by Shakespeare.

They say the Punjab language, culture and national traits were largely manifested and then shaped by Waris Shah.

Waris Shah wrote a character called Chacha Quaido.

Uncle Quaido. Likes to look at what females from outside his family are getting up to. Likes to judge them. Likes to judge their moral character. Bases the moral order of the whole community solely on what other females do.

Uncle Quaido is not rational. You are uncle Quaido.

Because you let it bother you. so much.

What other Sikh girls do.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:26 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I'm not saying women don't get abused. Men do as well, and many women stay silent about it - like you are complaining that men do. Instead, when some weak-willed bloke is abused and demoralised to the extent of becoming a chooha, other women 'big up' the culprit as some sort of model 'strong women'. I've known plenty of jananis to frequently cheat on their blokes too. Abuse needs to end period, male towards female, female towards male, male on male, female on female (like many nau sus relationships). 

Yes, aspects of certain strains of Panjabi culture may well be a contributing factor. It's when we don't realise and act on the fact that Sikhi based culture is our best weapon against this, that such things are more likely to occur. And for the record, in my family, the women aren't like docile doormats, they give as good as they get (even better sometimes.....), so jumping onto the inherent victimhood narrative of white women culture doesn't cut it either. Address the issue for sure, but contextualise it properly, and don't use ill-fitting white models on the problem.

bitter pill to swallow. Why are some men on here getting defensive? Noone is accusing you, the accused are those who are abusing basic HUMAN RIGHTS of women. The Feminism JKV spoke about is FREEDOM OF WOMEN from the opression we  have blatantly faced for centuries. She spoke of EQUALITY, being treated like humans, not becoming superior to men so relax, noone is trying to dominate you. 

If someone was being abused, you would try and help, not debate over whether they deserve help or not. 

There are real women out there who need help. That's what this thread is about. What can we do to help and spread awareness. I have met so may women who have been sexually abused,tied to chairs and beaten, emotionally abused to the point where they have become insane. Four of my female cousins and some of my friends have been sexually abused by close family members in their youth for years. All of my close female family members have been physically abused and most of my other female family members and friends have been beaten by their husbands or boyfriends at least once. I myself was brutally beaten and abused.

How can we stop brushing this under the table and procrastinating from helping. It happens WAY more than we think. 

How do we help these women? I don't want a debate, just ways to Help. 

On 1/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, jkvlondon said:

interesting how all the thread has been filled by guys complaining about girls having the upper hand , you do realise that the western 'developed' ahem world is a small fraction of the total world population , that fifty percent of the majority of the planet is still being oppressed by becoming pawns in male empire building and revenge games . ugandan women being raped by government and guerilla troops , rohingya females being raped and murdered by Burmese, India Kashmiri muslim  girls being threatened by hinduvta forces , our own bibian by the same to teach us all a lesson , afghanis marrying off womenfolk to setlle personal debts or feuds, ISIS sex slaves, Arabians opppressing domestics , girls in Africa having to sell themselves to afford sanitary protection  , girls across the globe being penalised for needing tme outs to go to the loo during menses , dropping out of school because of periods , Nepali girls dying because they are forced live in huts during menses away from home and protection, the  lack of female doctors in the muslim world to help with obsterics and general female health   the list goes on ... in the USA talk of withdrawing rights of women , they want to go down the way of Bolivia that imprisoned a woman for murder of her stillborn child ....

It is disgusting and messy and as Khalsa we are supposed to change this negative ish  to allow women everywhere to live and bring their power and positivity to the table to fix this world . First I hop my brothers out there realise that true feminism is what Guru ji taught us , to let ALL live without fear and being self-sovreign under Akal Purakh not being penalise for what is ultimately a blessing of Paramatma.

Yes we should respect all as SABH GOBIND HAI , SABH GOBIND HAI , GOBIND BIN NAHIN KOE>  it is not easy , no one should it would be but we should try to lead by example and show the worst how to be better, the best

I was speaking about this post of JKVs in my last post. Its the Truth. 

society seems to take advantage of women in every civilisation and age.

In modern society, a woman can be taken as a casual partner without committing to a marriage or life commitment. Since the last century, society has moved to thinking it is normal to treat women this way, when it is such an inequal thing to do. All we needed to was follow grihast jeevan like Guru Nanak taught....

3 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

society seems to take advantage of women in every civilisation and age.

In modern society, a woman can be taken as a casual partner without committing to a marriage or life commitment. Since the last century, society has moved to thinking it is normal to treat women this way, when it is such an inequal thing to do. All we needed to was follow grihast jeevan like Guru Nanak taught....

Many women chose to be casual partners. You know women do sleep around out of their own choice and there is a thing called friends with benefits. 

Women use men for their pen!s as well. 

The current fad with women is them using the aubergine emoji on social media which basically represents a male private part

When I was mona I had female colleagues slapping my bum and grabbing my fronts for a laugh. 

Its  it like the old days anymore, women are more sexually open now than ever before. 

In fact from my experience women are more sexually open in conversations than men are, men tend to have sexual conversations amongst themselves, while from my experience a lot of women dont care whose around.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
9 minutes ago, puzzled said:

. You know women do sleep around out of their own choice and there is a thing called friends with benefits. 

Women use men for their pen!s as well. 

The current fad with women is them using the aubergine emoji on social media which basically represents a male private part

When I was mona I had female colleagues slapping my mum and grabbing my fronts for a laugh. 

Its  it like the old days anymore, women are more sexually open now than ever before. 

In fact from my experience women are more sexually open in conversations than men are, men tend to have sexual conversations amongst themselves, while from my experience a lot of women dont care whose around.

You've just described my ideal woman. :)

What's the problem and how is it ruining your life ? And if it is ruining your life, what is so wrong with your life that it can be so easily ruined by random women doing what they feel like doing ?