Sign in to follow this  
s50

Amrit Sanchar & Kirtan Smagam

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

so when the amrit sanchaar or khaday dee pahul ceremony needs to have a jathebandi stamp, then what does this mean?

It means there are different rehat maryade. It’s ones own choice to choose where to take amrit according to ones own beliefs. 
Many believe it’s ok to eat meat so they choose panj which allow eating of meat etc

i think the question was a little bit silly, maybe made to provoke argument. 

im not saying any particular rehat maryada is right or wrong, just that it’s ones own choice to decide where to take it as long as the jathabande is part of the panth and hasn’t been excommunicated by akal takt.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, IshR said:

i think the question was a little bit silly, maybe made to provoke argument. 

yes, but as sangat we must question why we put jathebandi stamps on khanday dee pahul, why do we put emphasis on believing in jathebandis and their practises such as giving naam dhrir, over Guru sahib and gurmat.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:19 PM, ipledgeblue said:

so when the amrit sanchaar or khanday dee pahul ceremony needs to have a jathebandi stamp, then what does this mean?

The stamp is so the abhiyaalki knows which rehat is going to be given, because whatever rehat is given you have to follow it with satbachan. 

imagine you believe firmly believe kes to be a kakkar and then the Panj say the 1st kakkar is keski not kes. Or if you believe raag mala isn’t bani and then you’re told to believe it. If you’ve already made your mind up for which rehat you want to follow, then when you go to get Amrit and they tell you something else, the person won’t follow it wholeheartedly. Simple. 

the “Stamp” has nothing to do with Amrit because everyone drinks the same Amrit. With sarbloh batta, Panj baniya etc. It’s the rehat that’s given after (which is equally important) why the stamp is there. 

some people believe mool Mantar to be up to Nanak hosi bhi sach, Others believe firmly in 2 hours simran amritvela, the stamp is actually quite important for rehat come to think about it.  

I didn’t even used to believe in naam dirr and think all the stuff people tell me that happens is just made up or exaggerated. Until I went to get it 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

The stamp is so the abhiyaalki knows which rehat is going to be given, because whatever rehat is given you have to follow it with satbachan. 

imagine you believe firmly believe kes to be a kakkar and then the Panj say the 1st kakkar is keski not kes. Or if you believe raag mala isn’t bani and then you’re told to believe it. If you’ve already made your mind up for which rehat you want to follow, then when you go to get Amrit and they tell you something else, the person won’t follow it wholeheartedly. Simple. 

the “Stamp” has nothing to do with Amrit because everyone drinks the same Amrit. With sarbloh batta, Panj baniya etc. It’s the rehat that’s given after (which is equally important) why the stamp is there. 

some people believe mool Mantar to be up to Nanak hosi bhi sach, Others believe firmly in 2 hours simran amritvela, the stamp is actually quite important for rehat come to think about it.  

I didn’t even used to believe in naam dirr and think all the stuff people tell me that happens is just made up or exaggerated. Until I went to get it 😁

... or also a rehit where shastar is either very important to practise or shastar abiyaas is just an afterthought!!!

Also, whether you need to read all the pauris in Benti Chaupai or you can skip the last 2 or 3 because it doesn't fit in with some propaganda of SGPC and certain jathebandis etc!

I wonder what Singhs like Nawab Kapur Singh and Akali Phoola Singh would have thought about these stamps and rehits when they were serving as leaders of the dals....

🙄

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 11:26 AM, IshR said:

think the question was a little bit silly, maybe made to provoke argument.

I totally agree with above quote.

There is nothing wrong with the program listed. It is normal to see Amrit sanchar programs in various jathabandis. Using same argument method, tomorrow Someone will be saying.. it is not ok for taksal jathabandi to stamp on santhiyaa programs. 

Rather than finding mistakes in any jathbandees, we need to work together for panth’s benefits despite of having few differences. 

On 1/18/2020 at 1:29 PM, ipledgeblue said:

yes, but as sangat we must question why we put jathebandi stamps on khanday dee pahul, why do we put emphasis on believing in jathebandis and their practises such as giving naam dhrir, over Guru sahib and gurmat.

I fail to understand the problem, bro. Let's say that you believe in wearing Nihang bana, doing 5 banis, full Chapai Sahib, long Reharas, etc.

Then you walk into an Amrit Sanchar and they tell you the exact opposite of that because you didn't know it was being done by the SGPC. Because @ipledgeblue banned putting jathebandi names on Amrit Sanchar posters.

Now do you get it?

18 hours ago, BhForce said:

Now do you get it?

yo I . know, but I still like to question people.

It kind of opens up why we ended up with the jathebandis in the 1st place...

I am only questioning the sangat, not the Guru about this...

2 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

yo I . know, but I still like to question people.

It kind of opens up why we ended up with the jathebandis in the 1st place...

I am only questioning the sangat, not the Guru about this...

Got it.

Of course, I agree that we should not have different types of amrit sanchars.

When Guru Gobind Singh ji first reveal the khanda-bata amrit, there was only one rehit.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:36 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

I had heard you could take amrit one place and follow rehit of another? 

is this true?

Can I take Pahul from SGPC but then follow rehit of Dal panth?

9 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

is this true?

Can I take Pahul from SGPC but then follow rehit of Dal panth?

That's what I heard. As long as you know what rehit you're starting. 

I don't think that there is any restriction of such kind that you took Amrit from place and you cannot do sangat of other jathabandi/group etc.

Personally i do not believe in such things and that is too restrictive and will cause hinderance in aligning ourself spiritually with waheguru jee.

I do strongly believe that there should be no group/jatha but it is our human nature to do such things in societal form.