Jump to content

What happens to people of other faiths?


Guest aMAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, jkvlondon said:

jamdoots are the entity grabbing him by the neck crushing and ripping him up which he cannot see but feel . He also mentions that all are welcome to  heaven as long as they pray to Akal Purakh  and do not break seven laws of Noah . (which sikhs do not break through following gurmat)

yh i just watched parts of it again, he describes absolute darkness and being in a funnel with blades and then this thing starts torturing him and pulling at his soul. he describes it as the most painful and scariest place in the universe,  hes obviously describing narak and jamdoots.  its interesting how he describes it as 1000s of yrs of torture, in earth days its probably just a few days.    parts of it sound really humiliating   like how he was stark naked with millions of people looking at him and how every thought he ever had was revealed to everyone,    reminds me of how dasam bani says that indra was humiliated for his sexual sins in the nxt world.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, puzzled said:

yh i just watched parts of it again, he describes absolute darkness and being in a funnel with blades and then this thing starts torturing him and pulling at his soul. he describes it as the most painful and scariest place in the universe,  hes obviously describing narak and jamdoots.  its interesting how he describes it as 1000s of yrs of torture, in earth days its probably just a few days.    parts of it sound really humiliating   like how he was stark naked with millions of people looking at him and how every thought he ever had was revealed to everyone,    reminds me of how dasam bani says that indra was humiliated for his sexual sins in the nxt world.   

 

gurbani also indicates that naam and good karams give you robes for next lok else you will remain naked in front of dharam raj .

he also describes dark angels i.e. jamdoot and azrael -angel of death , bhai Sahib in his experience also describes jamdoot as kaley/dark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, BhForce said:

First I asked you "what is a religion" because you used the word "religion".

Then you come back with "there is no religion"?

So what did you mean when you said:  

Whatever you meant when you used that word, just say it and stop playing around.

Religion is supposed to be Truth and truthful living. But the meaning became twisted and turned into following rituals etc.

 

Language is limited and religion has taken on a whole different meaning to what was intended. 
 

The messages of messengers and truth practitioners over ages, for the most part, either got twisted and courrupted or the messengers themselves fell off the path. 
 

Nanak taught that these religions are false, that there’s indeed only one real religion  which is beyond all man made, twisted religions, which is simply the Truth. So there is no religion, only the Truth. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2020 at 2:50 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

What ?? ?  Why ?? 

In it's literal sense virtually spoon feeding someone is a lot easier than actually physically spoon feeding them but even in the sense of giving someone information on the internet (such as this discussion forum) surely the art of writing something, i.e giving information,  and then walking away is a lot easier than actually explaining something face to face in the real world where one will encounter the natural consequences of human interaction such as interruptions, distractions, questions and confused facial expressions. I have no idea or interest in what this thread is about but am just intrigued to know - what on earth do you mean when you say "spoon feeding is difficult to do virtually" ?  Do you mean relatively speaking, because I agree virtual spoon feeding is a lot more difficult than standing on one leg whilst juggling plates and balancing a Gujarati midget on your head.

I meant literally. It is hard to send a spoon thru the computer screen.

But figuratively, it also works. If that person had asked kindly for further explanation or the exact shabad. It would be easy to spoon feed that info as you mentioned. But they commanded that I stop quoting gurbani (unless done to their specific guidelines). So yeah difficult to spoon feed a stubborn person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2020 at 6:53 AM, Guest Sat said:

Religion is supposed to be Truth and truthful living. But the meaning became twisted and turned into following rituals etc.

 

Language is limited and religion has taken on a whole different meaning to what was intended. 
 

The messages of messengers and truth practitioners over ages, for the most part, either got twisted and courrupted or the messengers themselves fell off the path. 
 

Nanak taught that these religions are false, that there’s indeed only one real religion  which is beyond all man made, twisted religions, which is simply the Truth. So there is no religion, only the Truth. 
 

 

Forgive me, I dont mean to be offensive. But what is the Truth? It sounds so vague and hippyish. You can say anything.  It is simply the Truth....it is simply the Void....all.these religions are false, there is only the Way. 

Are you trying to say there is no afterlife, no philosophy, no teachings except of morality? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2020 at 6:53 AM, Guest Sat said:

Nanak taught that these religions are false,

For maybe the 4th time, bro, just tell me what you mean when you use the word "religion" in the sentence above!

I realize your point regarding the "True Religion".

I just want to know what your definition of "religion" is in the sentence above.

If the word doesn't have any meaning whatsoever, then why are you using it? You had some specific meaning in mind when using the word, so just tell us that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I meant literally. It is hard to send a spoon thru the computer screen.

But figuratively, it also works. If that person had asked kindly for further explanation or the exact shabad. It would be easy to spoon feed that info as you mentioned. But they commanded that I stop quoting gurbani (unless done to their specific guidelines). So yeah difficult to spoon feed a stubborn person.

On another topic you are telling Sikh women to work at places where they would be removing hair.  Where is rehat then?  I asked if you are amritdhari and you have been avoiding to answer me.  I know what the shabads are saying.  Just like you have misinterpreted shabad in other post.  I know you are doing it here.  So it was for your benefit to present the shabad and explain it.  In another topic you spoke of some fantasy world of universe truth.  Gurbani says otherwise as I presented.  Just within several weeks you have presented Gurbani in the wrong context and interpretation.  You have a set of preconceived ideas of what you want Gurbani to say.  It does not work this way.  Gurbani is not your's or your yoga teachers weapon to spread your manmat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Akalifauj said:

On another topic you are telling Sikh women to work at places where they would be removing hair.  Where is rehat then?  I asked if you are amritdhari and you have been avoiding to answer me.  I know what the shabads are saying.  Just like you have misinterpreted shabad in other post.  I know you are doing it here.  So it was for your benefit to present the shabad and explain it.  In another topic you spoke of some fantasy world of universe truth.  Gurbani says otherwise as I presented.  Just within several weeks you have presented Gurbani in the wrong context and interpretation.  You have a set of preconceived ideas of what you want Gurbani to say.  It does not work this way.  Gurbani is not your's or your yoga teachers weapon to spread your manmat.

Yes I am an amridhari. And am not a 3HO person although i believe in their right to practice as they choose. Freedom of religion is for sikhs and nonsikhs. As long as they dont disrespect. 

If sikh women are not amritdhari and remove their own hair, I dont see why they cant work as hairdressers/eyebrow threading places. 

Universal truth has to be reality. If there is One God, then the world exists as he commands. Which would be the reality that is same everywhere aka Sat. 

Also God created sikhi in 1469, so did no way to reach God exist before that? Did not God send the other prophets? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Yes I am an amridhari. And am not a 3HO person although i believe in their right to practice as they choose. Freedom of religion is for sikhs and nonsikhs. As long as they dont disrespect. 

If sikh women are not amritdhari and remove their own hair, I dont see why they cant work as hairdressers/eyebrow threading places. 

Universal truth has to be reality. If there is One God, then the world exists as he commands. Which would be the reality that is same everywhere aka Sat. 

Also God created sikhi in 1469, so did no way to reach God exist before that? Did not God send the other prophets? 

I kinda agree, but turning Dharam into a sex cult is a bit more like appropriation than appreciation. 

All about that Universal Truth through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Too add another piece of the puzzle of what apnay experienced during the colonial period (as requested in the OP).         It’s easy to be mistaken by this picture of a gentle, stooped, grandfatherly 95 year-old. He was in fact one of the most feared and dangerous men in British India. So feared was he by the British that, shackled in irons, he was held for 16 years in near solitary confinement 1000kms off the shore of India for fear of the revolution he tried to spark. This is Sohan Singh Bhakna, founder of the revolutionary Ghadr Party. When India joined WW1, every young Punjabi man was vigorously encouraged to join the Indian Army; British officials, Indian nobility, Indian district bureaucrats, even the Indian National Congress and Mahatma Gandhi joined forces to promote recruitment. Opposing that consensus was a vociferous, violent energetic group, operating from North America called the Ghadrs, or revolutionaries. Sohan Singh Bhakna became active in the early nationalist movement before he joined the small pioneering stream of men who moved out of Punjab to the Pacific Northwest in the early 1900s where he worked in lumber mills. America wasn’t colonising India but there was no lack of racism and discrimination toward the ‘Hindoo’ labourers and Bhakna rapidly joined the early Indian labour movement. He founded the Ghadr party with other North American Indians who agitated for the overthrow British colonial authority in India by means of an armed revolution. The Ghadrs viewed the Congress-led Independence movement as soft and unambitious so adopted a harder stance with their principal strategy to entice Indian soldiers into armed revolt against the British taking particular advantage of the vulnerability of the First World War. Their revolutionary plans included smuggling arms to the passengers of the Komagatu Maru on their return to India, making overtures to the German Embassy in the US, pumping out revolutionary messages to Indian soldiers via their prolific pamphleteering. Their most seditious and dangerous plot was to coordinate violent armed revolutionary activity with Indian soldiers in SE Asia. Alarmed, the British promptly arrested Sohan Singh as he tried to enter India in 1914 and tried for conspiracy. Found guilty, he was sentenced to death. A sentence later commuted to life imprisonment in The Andaman Islands, 1000kms off the shore of India. There Sohan Singh settled into a period of revolt and activism with repeated hunger strikes to improve the conditions for his fellow prisoners. Both in the Andamans and back in India where he was imprisoned until 1930 he carried out hunger strikes for Sikh prisoner’s religious rights, the rights of lower caste Indian prisoners and in support of Bhagat Singh. By the outbreak of the Second world war, Sohan Singh had been released 10 years and was an active and fearsome political voice for the Communist Party. War brought new rules, and the Indian Government arrested and interred the now 70-year-old Sohan Singh for 3 more years in an Indian jail lest he revive his violent tendencies during a time of wartime vulnerability. He lived another 20 years after Indian Independence and the Partition, a constant and prolific voice in early Indian politics. He died in 1968, ending a phenomenal life of 98 years, in his home district of Amritsar. -Amandeep Madra https://barusahib.org/general/sohan-singh-bhakna-the-man-who-shook-the-britishers-with-fear/
    • I've worked around a lot of them over the years. For all their faults, none of them (that I've met) seem remotely concerned with the colonial thing, they seem too shrewed and self-serving for that. It's some western raised apnay that do this.    
    • I agree that the situation is improving among western born Sikhs, but I don't think there has been any significant growing consciousness in that regard among Indian Sikhs.
    • You're right, but I don't see hordes of apnay queuing up to join in, like before. We do have a ground level movement that questions the past in the UK like never before. 'No more sepoys'. The whole colonial period is under scrutiny across the board these days.  Interestingly, this is part and parcel of a growing consciousness in broad areas amongst Sikhs. Of course we will have opportunists and the gullible who struggle to put the past in proper context, but then that just makes the job of de-brainwashing apnay all the more important. We might not be able to educate every last person, but we can make a big difference, enough to reign in the confused.  
    • This is no big mystical revelation imho.  European whites fighting amongst themselves has been on the cards for ages. It's the natural state of things if long term history is anything to go by.  The only good point right now is that we don't hordes of our own illiterate pendu peasants lined up to do goray's dirty work for peanut money that was stolen off them in the first place (like in the previous conflicts with krauts/nazis).  Shasters will be/are important, but anyone who doesn't recognise how important ashtars i.e. projectile weapons like guns, canons, missiles etc. are today is a bewakoof of major proportions. Those of us in the western diaspora: abled bodied young men and women, get ready to defend your own community in the potential face of a rise of racism. It's been done before. Plus the indigenous nazis in many western disaporas have now been reinforced by 'refugee' eastern european ones.  It doesn't take a genius (or a mahapurash sant) to figure out what we may have to face.  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use