Young, Sikh And Proud

singhbj singh

23 hours ago, puzzled said:

dont know much about him but i know he was against singhs banning interfaith anand karaj, remember watching a video of him and some sikh women talking against the ban on interfaith anand karaj

it rubbed him up the wrong no end,

1. because he wants to change sikhi into a neoliberal kowtowing entity which does not stand by its principles and tenents but allows abominations such as 'rainbow' services and special treatment of alphabetties

2. he had a personal axe to grind in that he was prevented from having his own interfaith anand karaj  but he did have a catholic service because of the recent dispensation granted for interfaith marriages provided they promise to bring up the kids in catholicism , That of course he claimed not the reason when he was having a go at sikhs when the interfaith protest happened in the midlands , I told him to let sikhs deal with their faith since he claimed he had no sikh sentiments . Instant block. No loss really this was before Jagraj's passing

3. I did notice that it irked him so much that praise was heaped on his brother from all quarters and yes he still cannot get out from under his brother's shadow after death  with people still wanting to hug him because they want to be close to Jagraj (silly people just do nam jap it will be a better closeness)

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

it rubbed him up the wrong no end,

1. because he wants to change sikhi into a neoliberal kowtowing entity which does not stand by its principles and tenents but allows abominations such as 'rainbow' services and special treatment of alphabetties

2. he had a personal axe to grind in that he was prevented from having his own interfaith anand karaj  but he did have a catholic service because of the recent dispensation granted for interfaith marriages provided they promise to bring up the kids in catholicism , That of course he claimed not the reason when he was having a go at sikhs when the interfaith protest happened in the midlands , I told him to let sikhs deal with their faith since he claimed he had no sikh sentiments . Instant block. No loss really this was before Jagraj's passing

3. I did notice that it irked him so much that praise was heaped on his brother from all quarters and yes he still cannot get out from under his brother's shadow after death  with people still wanting to hug him because they want to be close to Jagraj (silly people just do nam jap it will be a better closeness)

I understand that he got married in California to some latina girl.

This is what I don't understand about these types.

He claims to be an atheist and feels brave when going against the community he came from, yet completely capitulated when getting married himself. 

The reason he feels brave about going against the quam is because we are the most tolerant easy going people and are seen as a soft touch.

He would not dare do this to the Abrahamics. 

18 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The reason he feels brave about going against the quam is because we are the most tolerant easy going people and are seen as a soft touch.

He would not dare do this to the Abrahamics. 

Totally, bro! That's exactly it. All these ex-Muslims (like Sara Haidar and Ayan Hirsi Ali) have to walk around with huge security arrangements.

Meanwhile, this joker is free to walk in and around Gurdwaras and Sikh community.

That in itself tells you all you need to know. 

Not that I'm saying Sikhs should kill him. Just saying that Sikhs should realize he's a fool.

18 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I understand that he got married in California to some latina girl.

What's weird is that he's made it clear he doesn't want to be a Sikh (calls himself an atheist and married a non-Sikh). But he still wants to tell Sikhs what to do. 

He desperately doesn't want young Sikhs to be Sikhs. Because that invalidates his choices.

And he also wants to suck up to the atheist white liberal establishment.

44 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Totally, bro! That's exactly it. All these ex-Muslims (like Sara Haidar and Ayan Hirsi Ali) have to walk around with huge security arrangements.

Meanwhile, this joker is free to walk in and around Gurdwaras and Sikh community.

That in itself tells you all you need to know. 

Not that I'm saying Sikhs should kill him. Just saying that Sikhs should realize he's a fool.

What's weird is that he's made it clear he doesn't want to be a Sikh (calls himself an atheist and married a non-Sikh). But he still wants to tell Sikhs what to do. 

He desperately doesn't want young Sikhs to be Sikhs. Because that invalidates his choices.

And he also wants to suck up to the atheist white liberal establishment.

He is quite passive aggressive and is quite authoritarian.

Like a lot of  Sikh "atheists", his framework is Sikhi but without the Waheguru. The components of Sikhi are there, but he has a lot of things missing.

He is a follower not a leader like his brother.

The white liberal establishment is anything but liberal. 

in the old days sikhs used to be very harsh towards ex sikhs, the christian convert sadhu sundar singh used to have sikhs throwing stones at his houses,  not saying that we should do that    but our attitudes have changed a lot, changed so much that sikhs have become way too tolerant. i dont know how long this change towards liberalism is gnna continue   but it needs to stop 

in the old days when the british used to convert sikhs to Christianity in punjab, sikh preachers used to go out there and convert the same amount of christians to sikhi! iv read about it     this happened a lot in the late 19th century and early 20th century.  there was a case where sikh parcharks converted a lot of christians from haryana to sikhi in response to the british converting poor sikhs to Christianity in amritsar. 

now sikhs have become to flipsy floppsy  

On 1/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, jkvlondon said:

That must drive him crazy mad with jealousy.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, jkvlondon said:

2. he had a personal axe to grind in that he was prevented from having his own interfaith anand karaj  but he did have a catholic service because of the recent dispensation granted for interfaith marriages provided they promise to bring up the kids in catholicism ,

First of all, if he's an atheist, why does he want to have a faith ceremony, whether it's interfaith or same-faith? Stick to your beliefs and just go to the registrar of marriages.

Secondly, "provided they promise to bring up the kids in catholicism"? So where did his integrity go? He's an atheist who can't bear to bring his kids up in Sikhism, but he'll happily bring them up in Catholicism?

He couldn't find a Sikh woman in all of the UK to his liking? Not even a non-Sikh woman? He had to go as far away as California to find someone worthy of him?

Who says there are no Sikh girls as pretty as Latinas? Or educated?

What a fool.

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

there was a case where sikh parcharks converted a lot of christians from haryana to sikhi in response to the british converting poor sikhs to Christianity in amritsar. 

Do you have any references for that?

As far as Sunny is concerned, if he doesn't want to be a Sikh, he's free to go his own way. 

But he doesn't. Just be done with us, already, man!

No, he wants to cling on and be the "interpreter of Sikhism" for his white liberal Brit friends.