Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
singhbj singh

Young, Sikh And Proud

Recommended Posts

Journalist Sunny Hundal explores the legacy of his late brother Jagraj Singh, the most popular Sikh leader of modern Britain, who sparked an unprecedented revival of young people returning to the faith.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2020/04/young-sikh-and-proud?fbclid=IwAR18ZCUZ-iOhZxgizy10iNCqAEtQol3rXL5x-bEAH3BfqPnNq8bgx-5iMps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully he does his brother's efforts justice, and doesn't try to reshape and re-assess Bhai Jagraj Singh's beliefs and legacy to promote the Globalist neo-Communist doctrine of which he's a passionate adherent.

Hey, what am I saying, this is Sunny Hundal and the BBC, they can't not follow the narrative.

And I'm beginning to suspect Hundal has latched onto his brother's untimely passing as currency to advance his own career and ideals. If that's actually true, then he's a terrible human being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Hopefully he does his brother's efforts justice, and doesn't try to reshape and re-assess Bhai Jagraj Singh's beliefs and legacy to promote the Globalist neo-Communist doctrine of which he's a passionate adherent.

Hey, what am I saying, this is Sunny Hundal and the BBC, they can't not follow the narrative.

And I'm beginning to suspect Hundal has latched onto his brother's untimely passing as currency to advance his own career and ideals. If that's actually true, then he's a terrible human being.

BOs have said they had no input as an organisation to the documentary although individual's may have given interviews , this is purely Hundal /BBC venture and given that he has tried to frame amritdharis as taliban like /radicalised I would not be holding my breath for him changing tune . Self-confessed atheist , self-appointed arbiter of the content it will lay bare his true motives .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

yeah same, Maharaj Di Kirpa that I actually clicked on a video in the first place.

First video I saw of him was his debate with dawah man where the muslim bangs on about rhetorical device😄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Hopefully he does his brother's efforts justice, and doesn't try to reshape and re-assess Bhai Jagraj Singh's beliefs and legacy to promote the Globalist neo-Communist doctrine of which he's a passionate adherent.

Hey, what am I saying, this is Sunny Hundal and the BBC, they can't not follow the narrative.

And I'm beginning to suspect Hundal has latched onto his brother's untimely passing as currency to advance his own career and ideals. If that's actually true, then he's a terrible human being.

Sunny although the elder brother is quite envious of his younger brother and is desperate to get out of his shadow. 

Must be quite hard for him to accept that Jagraj was the alpha male who got all the girls in his pre-amritdhari days.

Jagraj was the charismatic one and Sunny was the creepy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Sunny although the elder brother is quite envious of his younger brother and is desperate to get out of his shadow. 

Must be quite hard for him to accept that Jagraj was the alpha male who got all the girls in his pre-amritdhari days.

Jagraj was the charismatic one and Sunny was the creepy one.

There's a Pirthiya (Guru Arjan Dev Ji's dodgy brother) in every family, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's a Pirthiya (Guru Arjan Dev Ji's dodgy brother) in every family, lol.

Sunny's feminism, environmentalism and socialist credentials in large part is not out of any particular political conviction,  it is partly related to him trying to look favourable to the opposite sex.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Sunny's feminism, environmentalism and socialist credentials in large part is not out of any particular political conviction,  it is partly related to him trying to look favourable to the opposite sex.

Ironically, most women can see through that brand of disingenuousness and are repelled by it, whether they consciously realise it or not is another subject.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

BOs have said they had no input as an organisation to the documentary although individual's may have given interviews , this is purely Hundal /BBC venture and given that he has tried to frame amritdharis as taliban like /radicalised I would not be holding my breath for him changing tune . Self-confessed atheist , self-appointed arbiter of the content it will lay bare his true motives .

I really hope not. But from reading his tweets, it's seems that he will indeed subtly paint that picture. He's not gonna talk about Sikh principles, etc. He calls his brother an "influential religious leader". And it does indeed seem like that he will use his brother death to progress his career and put his own views forward.

"Jagraj and I clashed strongly over inter-faith marriages being disrupted at Sikh Gurdwaras across Britain. We came to a resolution by the end, when he was really ill from cancer, but it damaged our relationship for several years. In YS&P, I explore why we clashed over it." "

"And then there was our clash, over interfaith marriages, that is also central to the story."

"charismatic figure who made a name for himself through the internet (a bit like his brother)" 

This dude is gonna subtly paint sikhi in a negative way. Maybe I am reading too into it. What you guys think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use