Triple stabbing in East London

MrDoaba

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/national/18172255.two-men-arrested-three-dead-clash-sikh-groups/

Two men have been arrested after three men were stabbed to death in a clash police believe was between groups of Sikh men.

Police responded to reports of a disturbance in Elmstead Road, Seven Kings, in Ilford, east London, on Sunday at 7.38pm.

All three men were pronounced dead at the scene and the Metropolitan Police said the victims are believed to be aged in their 20s or 30s.

The two men, aged 29 and 39, have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Speaking at the scene on Monday, Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman said the suspects and the victims were all known to each other.

“We believe the groups involved are members of the Sikh community,” he said.

He added in a later statement: “A fight has taken place which has escalated, resulting in three people being fatally attacked.”

Officers are still contacting members of the deceased men’s families, he said.

“It was a horrific scene for anyone to come across and my heart goes out to the families and those affected by it because it is unprecedented to have something like this,” he said.

While they are still investigating a motive, police have ruled out terrorism, he said.

A police cordon was in place outside Seven Kings railway station on Monday morning.

The owner of Seven Kings Cars opposite the station said a man with blood on his hands had approached him on Sunday evening asking for help after three people had been badly injured.

Nadeem Rana told the PA news agency: “I was shocked. He had blood on his hands and he said there were people in very poor condition.”

The man and a passenger who had been waiting for a taxi made off towards the scene to help, Mr Rana said.

He said he was shocked to hear the men had died.

“It’s shocking, a feeling of insecurity to be honest,” he said.

Local resident Lauren Marshall said she and other neighbours had gone out into Elmstead Road when they saw flashing police lights on Sunday night.

“By the time I came out, the road was blocked and there were police everywhere. It was manic. Everyone was coming out of their houses,” the 26-year-old paralegal told PA.

“I’ve lived here my whole life and nothing like this has ever happened. It was a shock.”

A police forensics tent was visible in Salisbury Road near what Ms Marshall said was the stairway to the railway station

Formal identification of the victims has yet to take place, and post-mortem examinations have also yet to be arranged.

So far in 2020 there have been six homicides in the capital. Last year there were 149, a rise from 133 in 2018, despite a drop nationally.

8 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

the notable thing is they tried to make out it was  a sikh thing , then a gang thing between sikhs, then mentioned it has been ruled out as terrorism ... noticing the brushstrokes they are trying hard to paint on us ? These were three lads who are yet to be identified and  were killed by someone either drugged up/drunk or doing drug trade , as the eyewitnesses only mentioned one guy who seemed drunk.  Personally I reckon it is paki drug pedallers in the neighbourhood , only a few minutes away from my door . Last year that hindu pregnant bibi that was killed by her exe with a crossbow happened a short walk away , this violence is following similar trends  to other places where a certain demographic move in .

What has our panth come to the youth are lost and we’re fighting one another. We need a revolution in our panth not just in the uk but worldwide. We need to improve the gurdwaras so they’re more accessible and engaging for the youth and do a lot more parchaar to get everyone back into sikhi to make the panth chardikala

54 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Why is it that when Muslims do something bad, they're called "Asians". When Sikhs do so, they're called Sikhs?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7905539/amp/Bloodbath-horror-two-men-stabbed-left-dead-London-street.html?__twitter_impression=true

One of them was Hindu.

It was a fight between builders who were not paid.

The BBC is pro-muslim.

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

the notable thing is they tried to make out it was  a sikh thing , then a gang thing between sikhs

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Why is it that when Muslims do something bad, they're called "Asians". When Sikhs do so, they're called Sikhs?

Precisely my thoughts. Utter bullsh!t. Very out of the ordinary to mention that they were Sikh. Or well, perhaps not.

4 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Precisely my thoughts. Utter bullsh!t. Very out of the ordinary to mention that they were Sikh. Or well, perhaps not.

ok since morning we heard they was sikhs before the police had even id'd the victims , looking at their faces could you tell they were sikh because I and my family couldn't . and no it was not a mass brawl just watch sikh channel interview of locals on the street it happened

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/seven-kings-stabbing-victims-police-a4339406.html?fbclid=IwAR2p-dUZYu2Opw5i2ArdB3Ehvsg3nNPOk8YHWgrwTSoaJSL4mOClhdumqFg

police-line-crime-reporting

Seven Kings “Sikh” murders: Reaction

/in News /

British media coverage of an incident in East London (UK) in which three Sikh men were fatally stabbed has been roundly condemned by members of the Sikh community.

The incident took place on Sunday 19 January in Seven Kings, East London. Two men, aged 29 and 39, have been arrested on suspicion of the murders according to the Metropolitan Police. The victims have been named as Narinder ‘Nik’ Singh, Harinder Kumar (both in their 20s) and Baljit Singh (34).

Detective Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman said of the case, “We believe the parties involved were from the Sikh community and known to each other. A fight has taken place which has escalated, resulting in three people being fatally attacked.”

Firstly horrific videos being shared of the Seven Kings fatal stabbing victims bodies and now a sinister media effort to portray a "Sikh Gang Bloodbath". Faith/Religion has never been used before to describe the hundreds of knife crime victims in London. Why now??

View image on Twitter

However, UK news outlets were sensational in their coverage, with some referring to “Sikh gangs”, implicating the entire Sikh community in issues around gang violence, rather than acknowledging this tragedy as an isolated incident.

Interesting to hear news bulletins mention the fact that the lethal stabbings in London involved 'Sikh' men with no explanation as to why their religion is important. Do we usually say 'Christian' men involved?

Many Sikh individuals and organisations, as well as media figures, questioned the necessity of including the faith of those involved. The Sikh Network went as far as to call the coverage “bigoted”.

The Sikh Press Association have been following the story since it broke, speaking to the local community in East London as well as the police and the local Gurdwara committee.

Look at this absolute MISLEADING & bs headline by the @DailyMailUK this morning !!!

There were NO GANGS involved that didn’t matter to Daily Mail !!!

View image on Twitter

Sikh PA press officer Dawinderpal Singh said on the coverage, “The local accounts that have been shared with Sikh PA suggest that the incident was not gang-related, but a dispute between men that knew each other which resulted in a violent conflict. Although this is now being reflected in media coverage, the headlines of ‘Sikh gang’ violence are irresponsible and potentially dangerous for all Sikhs.”

The Sikh Press Association will not be sharing speculation about why the incident occurred.

Why is the narrative that it's a gang war between rival Sikh groups still being pushed? In the exact same article, they explain that it was a drunken argument turned into murders between builders over unpaid work. Not just the @DailyMailUK that's still misinforming either.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

We asked the Metropolitan Police why they felt the need to announce the religion of those involved when in plenty of other cases crime in the South-Asian community, such as the Muslim grooming gang epidemic, they have been referring to the perpetrators simply as “Asian”, something that has been raised by various groups including the Network of Sikh Organisations, via rep Hardeep Singh in a recent Spectator article.

Grooming Gangs = Asian

3 Sikh Men stabbed = Religion used.

The interesting portrayal by the media.

The Metropolitan Police spokesperson explained that they shared the religion of those involved because they felt it would be useful to getting eyewitnesses to come forward with information.

“We thought that because of how early we are in our investigation and the location of the incident, sharing the religion of those involved was important to help us find out more information while investigating this case,” he said.

The Seven Kings Gurdwara management, Singh Sabha London East released a statement on the incident expressing “shock and regret” but also “displeasure at the religious affiliation being made with the Sikh community” by police and media.

Sikh PA senior press officer Jasveer Singh said of the coverage, This is not the first time media have callously used the word Sikh to associate criminality with faith. It seems the British media will interchangeably use the terms British, Indian and/or Sikh depending on the type of story they are reporting.

“For example, Harry Athwal is a Sikh man that was hailed as a ‘Brit’ hero for his efforts to protect a child during the Barcelona terror attack of 2017, yet he clearly stated in interviews he did it because he is Sikh. In contrast, Sikh individuals involved in crimes have been labelled with their faith.

“It is time that British establishments, including police and media, sat down with Sikh community figures to discuss this reoccurring issue. The Sikh community response to this kind of coverage should not be ignored.”

Sikh PA are hoping for further response from the Metropolitan Police Association about the use of the term Sikh and media use of it to claim the incident was about “Sikh gang” violence. We will update accordingly

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Personally I reckon it is paki drug pedallers in the neighbourhood , only a few minutes away from my door . Last year that hindu pregnant bibi that was killed by her exe with a crossbow happened a short walk away , this violence is following similar trends  to other places where a certain demographic move in .

be safe ji.